What's new

India offers help in stopping proliferation of WMDs

I didn't say it was unfair for us, since obviously we are in the UN Security council, and are recognized by the NPT as a nuclear weapons state.

I said the system would be just as unfair as it was before.

Well your government seems to be putting in a massive effort to get a UNSC permanent seat.

And I don't think the P5 would be willing to curtail their own power. It is just Realpolitik.

Well we are not concerned about rest of the world ..since every other country barring three others(two of which are Chinese allies) have ratified the treaty..but we will ratify the treaty only when it is fair to us.

PS : They will curtail it when the only other option they have is to curtail it or loose it.

Well we are not concerned about rest of the world ..since every other country barring three others(two of which are Chinese allies) have ratified the treaty..but we will ratify the treaty only when it is fair to us.

PS : They will curtail it when the only other option they have is to curtail it or loose it.

Fair enough. :tup:

I suppose I would take the same position if I were in your place.

I think India has the right to develop nuclear weapons, but other countries have the right to develop countermeasures.

If I was the leader of India, there is no way in hell I would let 1.1 billion people sleep every night without the protection of nukes. It is pure madness to not get nuclear weapons. The US has used nukes on 1 country and threatened 4 countries with nuclear strikes. For the US alone I would pursue nukes.

I think India has the right to develop nuclear weapons, but other countries have the right to develop countermeasures.

If I was the leader of India, there is no way in hell I would let 1.1 billion people sleep every night without the protection of nukes. It is pure madness to not get nuclear weapons. The US has used nukes on 1 country and threatened 4 countries with nuclear strikes. For the US alone I would pursue nukes.

I agree every country that can, should pursue WMD programs.

I agree every country that can, should pursue WMD programs.

Yes,every country has the right to build WMD,But before pursuing WMD u have to take some points...

Lets take an example....
USA and North korea has nukes...

Usa is very much bigger than NK...
Tell me can NK survive a Nuke response from USA???
I can tell u,if NK nukes USA,some small part will u allineated..wat about NK????
wat will happen to that small country???

And when a country tries to develop a nuke,u don't know which spy agency will be trying to sabotage ur programme and how they will completely ruin ur country...(ex:Iran,etc...)
If Bangladesh want to make nukes,
first of think...
With whom u have enemity???
Mayanmar?
does mayanmar has nukes????
Big NO..
Think about the geographical size of bangladesh!!
can it survive after a nuclear response from already nuke nations????

And also think from another angle....if u want to nuke ur another neighbour covered u on 3 sides......let me tell u by the time u get ur first nuclear reactor built in BD,there would be 3 tier ballistic missile shield operational...

Finally, if bangladesh wants nukes, know wat happened to our another neighbour and wat is happening to them right now!!!

DO U want bangladesh to grow with sri lanka and become a country like singapore or u want to become like our another neighbour????

If i was a BD citizen then i would go with the option of developing like singapore....

lol

if really true then india should handover all their nukes to france and russia

India offers help in stopping proliferation of WMDs

India has welcomed the extension of the mandate of the Committee on proliferation of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons for 10 years and has offered its assistance to other states in fulfilling their obligations. The extension of the timeline until April 25, 2021 under a UN Security Council re solution 1977 has been included to help plan on long-term and predictable basis assistance and cooperation programmes for States requesting such assistance from the Committee.
In a statement on the adoption of the resolution, India Wednesday expressed its unwavering commitment to global efforts for preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) and their means of delivery.

India recognizes that proliferation of WMDs and their means of delivery is a major challenge facing the international community, it said.

"As a victim of terrorism for over three decades, we are fully cognisant of the catastrophic dangers that transfers of WMDs to non-state and terrorists could entail," it said noting clandestine proliferation networks have led to insecurity for all and must not be allowed to reappear.

The international community must join hands in eliminating the risks relating to sensitive materials and technologies falling into hands of terrorists and non-state actors, the Indian statement said.

"The focus on non-state actors should in no way diminish state accountability in combating terrorism, dismantling its support infrastructure or its linkages with WMD," it said.

Reiterating New Delhi's commitment to achieving the objectives of the resolution, the statement said "India is also prepared to render necessary assistance to states requesting such assistance in fulfilling their obligations under the resolution."

The statement also expressed the hope that the extended deadline will also encourage the Committee to take forward its work in a spirit of transparency and cooperation so that all member states feel that they have a common stake in the successful implementation of UNSC Resolution 1540."
India offers help in stopping proliferation of WMDs - Hindustan Times

From which side actually these words are slipped out through India?
Would India like to implement on its own WMDs first?
Toward what global interests India is proceeding through these fake steps?
Who is indirect target of this offer?

India, the statement noted welcomed US President Barack Obama's initiative in convening a Summit on Nuclear Security in Washington in April 2010.

India also welcomed the adoption of the Summit Communiqué and the Work Plan which establishes a common platform for all participating states.

Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousaf Raza Gillani issued a statement saying Pakistan would like to act as a provider and "participate in any non-discriminatory nuclear fuel cycle assurance mechanism".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu canceled his plans to attend the Summit due to concerns that there would be demands for Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

For its part, Iran's envoy to the IAEA denounced the summit, to which it was not invited. The envoy said any action taken at the summit would not be legally binding and that the U.S. could not hold countries not invited to the summit to any thing the summit might agree to. He further argued it was Washington that was "the real threat to international security with its nuclear weapons." Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad condemned the summit in the U.S. He called the meeting "humiliating to humanity. World summits being organised these days are intended to humiliate human beings. These foolish people who are in charge are like stupid, retarded people who brandish their swords whenever they face shortcomings, without realising that the time for this type of thing is over." Iran was not officially on the summit agenda.

U.S. President Barack Obama said in a news conference after the summit that China had sent official representatives to negotiations in New York to begin the process of drafting a sanctions resolution and that he had told the Chinese President that "words have to mean something, there have to be some consequences". Obama further said "the fact that we've got Russia and China, as well as the other P5-plus-1 members having a serious discussion around a sanctions regime, following up on a serious sanctions regime that was passed when North Korea flouted its obligations towards the NPT, it's a sign of the degree to which international diplomacy is making it more possible for us to isolate those countries that are breaking their international obligations."

So what my point is to whom India want to fool supporting Obama’s initiatives when Israel, Pakistan expressed their concerns over summit?
In my point of view this is a sophisticated way to pressurize others while not fulfilling itself legal requirements of NPT or bypassing NPT another US move to support India violating international rules as US-India civil nuclear deal.

Joke of the year.

Yes,every country has the right to build WMD,But before pursuing WMD u have to take some points...

Lets take an example....
USA and North korea has nukes...

Usa is very much bigger than NK...
Tell me can NK survive a Nuke response from USA???
I can tell u,if NK nukes USA,some small part will u allineated..wat about NK????
wat will happen to that small country???

And when a country tries to develop a nuke,u don't know which spy agency will be trying to sabotage ur programme and how they will completely ruin ur country...(ex:Iran,etc...)
If Bangladesh want to make nukes,
first of think...
With whom u have enemity???
Mayanmar?
does mayanmar has nukes????
Big NO..
Think about the geographical size of bangladesh!!
can it survive after a nuclear response from already nuke nations????

And also think from another angle....if u want to nuke ur another neighbour covered u on 3 sides......let me tell u by the time u get ur first nuclear reactor built in BD,there would be 3 tier ballistic missile shield operational...

Finally, if bangladesh wants nukes, know wat happened to our another neighbour and wat is happening to them right now!!!

DO U want bangladesh to grow with sri lanka and become a country like singapore or u want to become like our another neighbour????

If i was a BD citizen then i would go with the option of developing like singapore....

Do you really think the USA will launch a surprise nuclear attack on NoK? No nation can survive a nuclear attack. Lets be realistic, if NoK didn't have nukes do you think the same as iraq would not have happened to them?

Take the example of Pakistan, with nukes they are a threat to india, without nukes, they would be subject to indian overwhelming conventional firepower.

We have enemity with Myanmar and INDIA, you'r not our friend so please don't make out that you are, I am not seeking to develop WMDs now (we can't afford them yet), but in the future it's always good to have an insurance. Ever heard of MAD? No nation can think of surviving a nuke attack, and a "3 tier ballistic missile shield" is no gaurentee of not being hit.

AND yes i want Bangladesh to grow (we are doing pity well thank you), in the next 20-30 years, hopefully we will have grown to the point when we can develop such capability. I just want the capability so that no nation can bully us in the future, period.

Do you really think the USA will launch a surprise nuclear attack on NoK? No nation can survive a nuclear attack. Lets be realistic, if NoK didn't have nukes do you think the same as iraq would not have happened to them?

Take the example of Pakistan, with nukes they are a threat to india, without nukes, they would be subject to indian overwhelming conventional firepower.

We have enemity with Myanmar and INDIA, you'r not our friend so please don't make out that you are, I am not seeking to develop WMDs now (we can't afford them yet), but in the future it's always good to have an insurance. Ever heard of MAD? No nation can think of surviving a nuke attack, and a "3 tier ballistic missile shield" is no gaurentee of not being hit.

AND yes i want Bangladesh to grow (we are doing pity well thank you), in the next 20-30 years, hopefully we will have grown to the point when we can develop such capability. I just want the capability so that no nation can bully us in the future, period.

:lol: after 20 or 30years bangladesh would have WMD...
By then there will be laser to kill ballistic missiles....

BTW,First try to get first reactor installed in bangladesh in another 20 years

And MAD between India and Bangladesh is NEVER possible...Bangladesh is not even bigger than a south Indian state....

In a mutually assured destruction,u need to completely nuke the whole nation...so bangladesh atleast need 20 Nukes...But India needs 2 or 3...

And never again talk about MAD between India and bangladesh...:rofl:

So,No nation on this earth which posses nuke is being bombed/bullied by USA????? ;)

Dear mate,NUKES doesn't give u the complete security!!!

U better look at Iran...watch out for Iran's future.......
good luck ;)

india refused to sign the NPT and illegally developed nuke, that is your "impeccable nuclear non-proliferation record ".

your test in 1990s were condemned by the entire world. google before you post

Should we get US / China to define what is illegal or we define what is legal and illegal for ourselves ?

We did not sign any document that suggests we should not develop nuclear weapons. How is it illegal?

Take a break.You need some rest from India bashing.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom