What's new

India offers help in stopping proliferation of WMDs

Glad you could join the party.
while you're at it, read the entire thread before you post

1. india is not a nuclear weapons state.
2. india already lost the chance to develop such weapons to be one.

if you can't understand these, then there shouldn't be any more talk between we two.

dont know why only 5 countries are allowed to produce nuclear weapons is discriminatory and that to for a reason that they won ww2 60+ years ago

dont know why only 5 countries are allowed to produce nuclear weapons is discriminatory and that to for a reason that they won ww2 60+ years ago

The same argument could be made of the UN Security Council permanent membership.

It looks unfair to those on the outside, but they still want to get in.

if you can't understand these, then there shouldn't be any more talk between we two.

can we extend the moratorium on talks until further notice :D

When did we say Pak has no right to develop nuclear weapons. India doesn't have moral right there. North Korea had signed NPT before. So India has every right to oppose its nuclear development.

Good we are getting somewhere, you agree Pak has as much right to WMDs as India, Now as for NoK as they left the NPT they too have rights to develop WMDs.

So whats your point? India would be happier if everone consider it non-nuclear state. If your next (i)llogical statement is to ask India to sign NPT as a non nuclear state then India is every right to say Fu$K off to anyone..

Since 1974 india has become a nuclear state, no one can turn the clock back. Signing the NPT now would be like putting the cart before the horse. What I am saying is it would be hypocritical for india to ask any nation not to develop WMDs (if they are not NPT signitories or if they leave).

india refused to sign the NPT and illegally developed nuke, that is your "impeccable nuclear non-proliferation record ".

your test in 1990s were condemned by the entire world. google before you post

Bull$hit ..do you even know what illegally means? ..which international law bind us not to develops nuclear weapons?

Only NPT, CTBT regimes are legally binding..India is not signatory of either..we developed our weapons our own and haven't proliferated the tech to any third nation.

PS: our first nuclear test were not 1990s but 1970s.

For you guys to join the "club" makes it nice for you, but the system would be just as unfair as before.

System is still unfair..so why don't you quit?

What we are concerned about is system should not be unfair to us.

When did we say Pak has no right to develop nuclear weapons. India doesn't have moral right there. North Korea had signed NPT before. So India has every right to oppose its nuclear development.

No, india doesn't have any right to develop nuke.
india is not recognized by the NPT as a nuclear weapons state, india is expected to sign the NPT like all other 180+ non nuclear weapons state.

by having the 1998/1999 tests, it has been widely observed/concluded that india so far doesn't have any proven ability on h-bomb, not to mention the absolote lack of delivery systems. india is not going to be able to afford to have more tests as again it will be strongly condemned by the entire world.

the chance has already gone, india is not going to be able to build and test its nuke.

Who the heck do you think you are? India is a sovereign state, it can do whatever it wants. Now sometimes you gotta use your super IQ..otherwise people would think you are a dumb ****.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Good we are getting somewhere, you agree Pak has as much right to WMDs as India, Now as for NoK as they left the NPT they too have rights to develop WMDs.

Since 1974 india has become a nuclear state, no one can turn the clock back. Signing the NPT now would be like putting the cart before the horse. What I am saying is it would be hypocritical for india to ask any nation not to develop WMDs (if they are not NPT signitories or if they leave).

If they leave I don't know..but non signatories sure..

Still waiting for you to point out the specific clause from the treaty ..which distinguishes between Nuclear weapons state and non nuclear weapons state??

System is still unfair..so why don't you quit?

What we are concerned about is system should not be unfair to us.

I didn't say it was unfair for us, since obviously we are in the UN Security council, and are recognized by the NPT as a nuclear weapons state.

I said the system would be just as unfair as it was before.

i never said inda should be included but the powers of the p5 should be curtailed

Well your government seems to be putting in a massive effort to get a UNSC permanent seat.

And I don't think the P5 would be willing to curtail their own power. It is just Realpolitik.

I didn't say it was unfair for us, since obviously we are in the UN Security council, and are recognized by the NPT as a nuclear weapons state.

I said the system would be just as unfair as it was before.

Well your government seems to be putting in a massive effort to get a UNSC permanent seat.

And I don't think the P5 would be willing to curtail their own power. It is just Realpolitik.

you cannot have both being fair and not curtailing powers,the p5 should give up authority
and unlike the p5 india doesnt care even if you include niger,somalia,etc its just want its place to be secured

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom