What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

When ever i read this kind of news my belife becomes stronger that world needs a stronger China

We do what is in our interests

The trade barriers are necessary, as economics student I know how much subsidies US gives to its farmers so that their product are way more competitive in global market

When ever i read this kind of news my belife becomes stronger that world needs a stronger China

World may not need but India definitely needs stronger China

Is there any chance that US will play hard ?

Maybe some but unlikely to go really hard. What the U.S. is doing is sending out a message. Not to India but to other countries that have been looking at Indian section 3(D) & considering incorporating it into their own laws. The U.S. understands very well that the Indian Supreme Court has ruled and that no Indian government can do much about that. The message is directed elsewhere. India will have some pressure applied, that is the purpose of such public grandstanding but the U.S. knows that India won't buckle over & keel. Any smaller country thinking about emulating India........:disagree:

images

puri duniya inke kadmo me daal do fir bhi yea laalchi log kabhi paisey ka peecha nai chodengay. doosron ko noch noch k khane waley haraami log amreeki beep ....beep....beep!

lmao .....bit#h please ,we don`t care ..instead of boiling your stinky rotten blood you should make a plan to attack india , bloody white trash full of hate and nonsense ...typical mleccha rant.

After the irag war and the snowden affairs America credibility on any international issue is next to zero, I m with india on this even though indian members constantly cheerleading for America with the same Sh@t toward china

i am saying the same thing since i joined in PDF that we asian need to be united because soon or later westerns will turn on us, might not pick asian as a whole but one by one. Stop siding to them.

You mean they will turn on you. They've tried to shaft us since the day our nation came into being- hell they even created gobal bodies such as NSG for us.:D We've done well for ourselves, let the rest fend for themselves like they do today and its not as if the yanks have taken control of you lot so its seems you folks can manage well. But full cooperation and friendship in this region is a pipe dream.

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Monday rejected pharma giant Novartis AG's plea to preserve its patent over a life-saving cancer drug, Glivec, drawing a huge sigh of relief from thousands of patients in India and in dozens of developing countries as the fear of an almost 15-fold escalation of drug costs receded. It is the biggest setback for multinational pharma companies, which have been denied patent protection for a series of life-saving drugs in recent years.

Invented in 1991, Glivec is a miracle cure for a type of blood cancer called chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). In this form of cancer, certain bone marrow cells go rogue and produce excessive white blood cells, causing mild fatigue and hip pain initially, but slipping into an out-of-control crisis of zooming platelet and white cell counts. It used to be fatal, but with Glivec, the survival rate is over 95%. Imanitib, the active component, is on the National Essential Drugs List in India.

India has an estimated 3 lakh CML patients, with 20,000 added every year. Glivec is sold by Novartis for about Rs 1.2 lakh per month. Indian manufacturers sell the same drug at a monthly cost of Rs 8,000. This was the reason why Novartis launched a seven-year-long legal battle to protect its patent on the drug.

after reading this article i think our authorities did a great job by standing up to this nonsense.

Despite some issues, we chineses are alway on Indian's side when facing economical threat from U.S.

of course the US hegemony must be finished & for that a stronger china is required
yes there are some border Issues but i think they will get resolved eventually & Sino-Indian Relation ship will grow multifold
Who knows we might even become allies

We are not USA puppet that accept any stupid guidelines...we will do as per our guidelines ...take it or leave it

I fully support India on this one. This should be one of the reminders that USA doesn't like it when a country has a spine. They would only look at you as an "ally", if you bow down on your knees. Not many years ago, the U.S. was sanctioning India. Back in 1971, Nixon wanted to nuke India.

The U.S. has also always hated that you are good friend of Russia.

of course the US hegemony must be finished & for that a stronger china is required
yes there are some border Issues but i think they will get resolved eventually & Sino-Indian Relation ship will grow multifold
Who knows we might even become allies

:lol: China will only walk all over you. There are no benign superpowers, the U.S. is as close as we will ever get of being one (from India's stand point). The U.S. too have constituents that the representatives have to answer to, they have interests they want protecting. That is par for the course. Letting off steam is not undesirable, we should wait & watch what happens with this one. The pressure here is coming from U.S. industry, mainly big pharma. No need to over react.

Your opinion on China is standard Indian muddle headedness. The Indo-Chinese relationship is nowhere as balanced as the Indo-US relationship is nor is that likely to happen. Pipe dreams of the type you seem to see are the reason why Indians are regarded as gullible.

I fully support India on this one. This should be one of the reminders that USA doesn't like it when a country has a spine. They would only look at you as an "ally", if you bow down on your knees. Not many years ago, the U.S. was sanctioning India. Back in 1971, Nixon wanted to nuke India.

The U.S. has also always hated that you are good friend of Russia.

yah buddy...even they want to use India against China and Iran but we know what is good for us and we take our own decision....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom