What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

Rampant piracy, trade barriers and disregard for intellectual rights are about "American" rules?

Sure, America-bashing is popular, but the issues listed are legitimate concerns.

My friend, these people want to patent life saving drugs which is a no-no in India.

They want us to even patent our own make that we do in partnership. By patenting, these life saving drugs would be 10 times costlier with dollars flying into US coffers and lakhs of people dying because of being unable to afford it.

Tell me, what where these businessmen doing when they were clarified of Indian terms and conditions in the first place?

They even protested the expiry of patents of many other important drugs despite having crossed 30+ years since their invention.

This is greed and not 'rules'.

We cannot accept such things and neither would any developing country including you or the Chinese.

Get used to it. We have a record of sorts when it comes to shafting the yanks. Nuclear liability bill any one, voting in Iran's favor this time around in matters nuclear, refusal to sign the Communications and Interoperability Security Memorandum of Agreement when we buy some of their front line weapons. The list is LONG. A baniya will always find a way...oh and the refusal to grant IPRs on essential cancer drugs..our poor will get their treatment one way or the other. :D

@BDforever better keep a weather eye on the EU baby, the piper calls and they like following this particular piper.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
No, "The Rule" is a relative term, Piracy exists every where even in USA.

This is India, not some less populated and higher income western country, here the rules of engagement to do business is different, we have to feed 1.2 Billion people and anybody who wants to do business should accept the faults of Indian market and take advantage of its growth.

India rules work here not USA's rules.

Is there any chance that US will play hard ?

"Like all of you all, my blood boils when I hear that India is revoking and denying patents and granting compulsory licenses for cancer treatments or adopting local content requirements," he said.

"As a nation, we should handle India like my dad did when I was growing up and I made his blood boil: He put his arm around me and or pulled me where he would go, to make sure his fingers were resting firmly on my shoulder just to inflict some pain if I diverted from the course we would go down. That's what we should do with their government," Olson said

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers - The Times of India

Lol Last Lines was Really Laughable not a 65 India ..... welcome to 21st Century .... !!

Now Back on Topic- First US Should give patents rights and granting compulsory licenses to Indian Companies like Ranbaxy and Then we Will talk

Dear, US Lawmaker :closed:

We are not USA puppet that accept any stupid guidelines...we will do as per our guidelines ...take it or leave it

Lol Last Lines was Really Laughable not a 65 India ..... welcome to 21st Century .... !!

Now Back on Topic- First US Should give patents rights and granting compulsory licenses to Indian Companies like Ranbaxy and Then we Will talk

Dear, US Lawmaker :closed:

Dont forget if US wants to hurt you for that it can. it doesnt matter even if you are in 2030.

US is not more developed than Turkey

Get used to it. We have a record of sorts when it comes to shafting the yanks. Nuclear liability bill any one, voting in Iran's favor this time around in matters nuclear, refusal to sign the Communications and Interoperability Security Memorandum of Agreement when we buy some of their front line weapons. The list is LONG. A baniya will always find a way...oh and the refusal to grant IPRs on essential cancer drugs..our poor will get their treatment one way or the other. :D

@BDforever better keep a weather eye on the EU baby, the piper calls and they like following this particular piper.:D

lets see :D

Last edited by a moderator:
did not get you, say it again plz :)

In 60 days they will probably rescind all GSP advantages and currently forcing Merkel to go the same way. All on the excuse that BD garment workers don't get rights. Yes they should get rights but not due to attempts by the US to arm twist you. How can you're parties both BNP and AL allow this- ON THIS AT LEAST they should unite and go at it together.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom