What's new

India not to criminalise marital rape

Countries where spousal rape is a criminal offence

Countries where spousal rape is not a criminal offence

Attachments

• Marital_rape_criminalized_map.svg.png
    Marital_rape_criminalized_map.svg.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 7
Please tell me where Indian law states that marriage is a consent to sex anytime, irrespective of the spouse's wish? That no matter what her emotional and physical state, she has to consent to sex? There is no such "contract" in any Indian marriage laws.

Marriage as an institution constitutes consent for sex. It implies spouse's wish to have sex. That is the primary role of that institution. Sex and all responsibilities that result from that action.

There is no law that says people should eat with their mouth either. Does that mean peole should eat with their @ss ? There is no law that says people should walk on their feet.

If her emotional and physical state do not permit sex, then she has the right to refuse and if raped, the right to divorce. That is the risk both partners take while entering into a marriage contract.

If there is not any such implied consent, there would have been no need to ask for a new law that makes marital rape a crime ? :lol: ........ that would have been the norm. The reality is that there is indeed such a contract in any Indian marriage laws.

Isn't there a thread about how a Hindu man isn't allowed to apply for visa or passport because there is no provision for Hindus in Pakistan to register their marriage in Pakistan?

They won't let the stats to come in the way for their own skewed narrative. I asked @Koovie @levina @ayesha.a to give the stats none of them can provide it.

UN report says 75% of women face marital rape in India. And there is roughly 75% of arranged marriages in India. So the narrative they are trying to spin is that every Arranged marriage result in Marital rape is preposterous and down right disgusting.
10% of dowry cases 're false which equals to 10000
Every year more than 10,000 complaints of dowry harassment are found to be false. Given that close to 90,000 to 1 lakh cases are investigated every year.
10% of dowry cases false, government plans changes in law - The Times of India
But one woman dies every hour due to dowry related issues. So every year about 8760 girls 're "killed" because of dowry.
Woman killed over dowry 'every hour' in India - Telegraph
53% of rape cases 're false which equals to 1287
2,753 complaints of rape, only 1,287 cases were found to be true, and the remaining 1,464 cases were found to be false.
53% rape cases filed between April 2013 and July 2013 false: Delhi Commission of Women | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Now if you 're going to tell me that every 9mins a married man commits suicide in India then lets do some calculations again... "1,57,000 men had committed suicide, compared to 1,26,000 women, owing to family disputes and harassment by their spouses in the last few years."
Now that means every hour about 17 men commit suicide. Right???
But you forget that there about 14 women who commit suicide for similar reasons, every hour.
17:14= 1.2 : 1
I dont see much difference!!!

Now about spousal rapes
"The incidents of marital rape soars to 1/3rd to ½ among clinical samples of battered women."- India Law Journal
Btw Marital Rape: Still an Underreported Crime in India | The Women's International Perspective

I'm not saying that the rape laws and dowry laws 're not misused. I oppose it!
Bring a law which takes strict actions against those who misuse it, but dont use this as a excuse to protect women from marital rape.
Dont we all know men 're the preferred and pampered gender in India???
Female foeticide, eve teasing, dowry deaths, forced abortions (something which no-one ever talks about), and there's violation of women in every possible way. And you tell me woman should not be protected by law???
Out of around 200 countries in the world, 104 of them accept marital rape as a punishable offense. So why not in India??? All the humdrum about reverse victimization of the husband is baseless. We 're scared of blowing the lid over the ugly truth of Indian marriages.

It is one of the prime reason for existence of marriages. Of course it comes with all frills. A marriage without sex is no marriage.
Really??
Between a couple its called love-making!! Thats the difference between a man and woman.
And FYI: marriage certificate ≠ free pass

Why else do people marry? So that they can get a house to live in, pay the rent, and do household chores?
Oh!
So you mean unwed couples would literally be making out at traffic signals and in front of paan shops all the time if there's no marriage???
Ludicrous!

Last edited:
10% of dowry cases 're false which equals to 10000
Every year more than 10,000 complaints of dowry harassment are found to be false. Given that close to 90,000 to 1 lakh cases are investigated every year.
10% of dowry cases false, government plans changes in law - The Times of India
But one woman dies every hour due to dowry related issues. So every year about 8760 girls 're "killed" because of dowry.
Woman killed over dowry 'every hour' in India - Telegraph
53% of rape cases 're false which equals to 1287
2,753 complaints of rape, only 1,287 cases were found to be true, and the remaining 1,464 cases were found to be false.
53% rape cases filed between April 2013 and July 2013 false: Delhi Commission of Women | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Now if you 're going to tell me that every 9mins a married man commits suicide in India then lets do some calculations again... "1,57,000 men had committed suicide, compared to 1,26,000 women, owing to family disputes and harassment by their spouses in the last few years."
Now that means every hour about 17 men commit suicide. Right???
But you forget that there about 14 women who commit suicide for similar reasons, every hour.
17:14= 1.2 : 1
I dont see much difference!!!

Now about spousal rapes
"The incidents of marital rape soars to 1/3rd to ½ among clinical samples of battered women."- India Law Journal
Btw Marital Rape: Still an Underreported Crime in India | The Women's International Perspective

I'm not saying that the rape laws and dowry laws 're not misused. I oppose it!
Bring a law which takes strict actions against those who misuse it, but dont use this as a reason to prevent another law which protects women.
Dont we all know men 're the preferred and pampered gender in India???
Female foeticide, eve teasing, dowry deaths, forced abortions (something which no-one ever talks about), and there's violation of women in every possible way. And you tell me woman should not be protected by law???
Out of around 200 countries in the world, 104 of them accept marital rape as a punishable offense. So why not in India??? All the humdrum about reverse victimization of the husband is baseless. We 're scared of blowing the lid over the ugly truth of Indian marriages.

If you go through this link it says, 81.9% is the rate of acquittal in 498A and 9.7% were found false on Police level itself.
Dowry: what the data says and what it doesn’t - The Hindu

I am all for protecting women and I am too not saying that Marital rape is not a reality, but getting conviction in such a crime will be really tough. And knowing how fast our judicial dispensation the marriage will be over at least metaphorically if not in reality. Instead of introducing new laws required amendments must be introduced in existing laws be it marital rape or introducing strict punishment for filing a false case.

If you go through this link it says, 81.9% is the rate of acquittal in 498A and 9.7% were found false on Police level itself.
Dowry: what the data says and what it doesn’t - The Hindu

I am all for protecting women and I am too not saying that Marital rape is not a reality, but getting conviction in such a crime will be really tough. And knowing how fast our judicial dispensation the marriage will be over at least metaphorically if not in reality. Instead of introducing new laws required amendments must be introduced in existing laws be it marital rape or introducing strict punishment for filing a false case.

What would be the purpose of making amendments in existing laws to recognizing marital rape ? It would mean the whole institution of marriage is built on a false premise.

Then the only way to ensure sexual intercourse would be to visit prostitutes, and if you make prostitution illegal, to rape women and if that becomes too difficult, start doing it with animals like in certain parts of the world.

If you are going to redefine the role of marriage in society, you need to redefine ALL the needs, traditions, customs, values and practices associated with it.

A narrow vision and a narrow mind goes hand in hand.

If you are as secular as your id suggests, please don't drag religion into this. No husband, hindu or muslim or something else, should have the right to rape their wife. By bringing religions into this, you are simply providing fodder for others to do the same, and instead of this important issue, what gets discussed is the sacking of the Somnath temple or other hindu-muslim issues.

I know I should say this to the hindu brigade as well, but that would only give them ammunition for ad hominem or strawman arguments against me, since I'm not hindu myself.

This issue has nothing to do with religion or nationality
But you did not say that.Good job protecting your fellow indians :tup:
Yes i am a secular but trollers should be treated harshly on PDF.

Do you have a link to where I can write to the PMO? Or any govt department that focuses on these issues? If so, I will definitely write to them.
google write to the PM India. It should show up

Do you think that marital rape is an inherent part of Indian culture? And if it is, should it be?
Not in the India that I grew up in. Women be it in form of daughter, mother or wives in classical Indian culture always have been the representation of goddesses, abuse of the fairer sex led to collapse of empires in Indian mythology, be it Sita or Draupadi. But there has been some decay in the national fabric, and the dearth of leaders who would champion the causes of female infanticide, rape, discrimination and marital abuse has led to politicization of such issues for the wrong reasons.

Motivations for our politicians are ridiculous, leaders would pick up a comment from a writer and protest in front of thier houses, but not utter a word against infanticide, rape or molestation. I dont recall a single leader from Shiv Sena, BJP, Congress, BJD, DMK, AIADMK, TMC, SP, BSP, or other parties to stand up for Jessica Lal or several other cases where the people of India Stood up for justice.... This mindset needs to change, and people should change the way we cast our votes.

Last edited:
quite an interesting debate on this topic, it's a shame though NDTV didn't uploaded second part of this debate. Talk of free media.
@levina @thesolar65 @wolfschanzze
All part of Westernization process USA wants to impose on Bharat what it thinks is their culture,in order to subvert people to lose faith in Marriage, eventually the family breaks down and so will the society, then West will come preaching about how "Jesus can save them and their families" .The main stumbling block of evangelists is Culture,tradition and family system of Bharat.If it can be broken down,then soul harvesting is a easy job,they tried it many countries successfully, but failed in Bharat miserably.That is why they are pushing Indian Media to forward this agenda to break down Family system of Bharat using Modernity,Equal rights as a facade.
Their own family system collapsed due to Feminists,Lack of morals,Gays,Lesbians and transgenders.Which in turn affected their economy since the savings of average american is less because they dont believe in family system nor marriage.While our economy depends on our savings which is more than 70% of Bharat's economy.

Jaat Sahab I'm not so well tonite, would watch it tomorrow morning if I get an off.
It better be worth my time. :coffee:
take your time, both sides got enough time to present their cases .. and two victims one for and one against. Wish they uploaded the part 2 too.

Really??
Between a couple its called love-making!! Thats the difference between a man and woman.
And FYI: marriage certificate ≠ free pass

Is it? Why not stay in your own houses and just be fcuk buddies then? Have your own individuality, freedom, and me, mine, myself attitude stuck up ones ***.

Oh!
So you mean unwed couples would literally be making out at traffic signals and in front of paan shops all the time if there's no marriage???
Ludicrous!
You need to re-educate yourself on comprehension.

Sati was not due to Islamic invasion. The term for it is Jauhar. Where all the women of Rajput clan commit mass suicide while their men marched out to fight the enemy to the last man standing.

Sati is death on husband's funeral pyre. Mostly a Bengali and Sikh practice. I suspect an element of property ownership tussles in Bengal which led to encouragement to Sati system there.
Agree 100%

That is the Islamic view and what the libtards in India have set out to do to Hindu marriages. Make them a replica of Muslim marriages. Our marriages are not contracts. Most of our marriages still happen with Agni as witness.

It was not the courts, but the politicians who saved the day for us in this matter. They still have to face the public. The judges though are heavily influenced by Western values just like the libtards are.
if marital rape becomes a reality then everyone will see millions of liberal men and women sharing bed as women after every fight will say my husband tried to rape me and this will push men in to extra marital affairs and ultimately boys will shy away from marriage and in turn wish to keep a girlfriend rather than a wife, eventually india will turn in to european situation where there is no family values

if marital rape becomes a reality then everyone will see millions of liberal men and women sharing bed as women after every fight will say my husband tried to rape me and this will push men in to extra marital affairs and ultimately boys will shy away from marriage and in turn wish to keep a girlfriend rather than a wife, eventually india will turn in to european situation where there is no family values

poor men will go to jail and rich men will escape rape, wife's after any fight can book her husband of rape, from now on it may become so difficult to live in a marriage, and it leads to extra marital relations, and will spoil the family system India will look like European countries a wife can spend with any man she wishes and any man can spend a night with any women then what is the difference between animals and human beings,

poor men will go to jail and rich men will escape rape, wife's after any fight can book her husband of rape, from now on it may become so difficult to live in a marriage, and it leads to extra marital relations, and will spoil the family system India will look like European countries a wife can spend with any man she wishes and any man can spend a night with any women then what is the difference between animals and human beings,

Yes, these laws are being sought to be brought in to destroy marriage as an institution. The Indian Hindu family is the target. The minorities law board out of the ambit of the changes they seek to bring.

Is it? Why not stay in your own houses and just be fcuk buddies then? Have your own individuality, freedom, and me, mine, myself attitude stuck up ones ***.

You need to re-educate yourself on comprehension.
Melon why so bitter? :p:

Back
Top Bottom