What's new

India not against US-Pak nuclear deal: Pranab

The proof will be in the pudding - again, if India cannot even allow 'minor tactical issues' to go by without attempting to undermine Pakistan, then its focus has not changed.

If the focus has changed, it is welcome indeed, but I need to see tangible evidence of that first.

AM,
Focus mean here, Indian strategic planning and policies are going beyond Pakistan day by day, so it is very simple that in bigger planning Pakistan automatically comes in side.
In future Indian will keep supporting and opposing many issues related to Pakistan which directly affect India. Though use of civilian nuclear energy by Pakistan does not go against India.

At last I would like to say Pakistan is still biggest threat for India due unrest in Pakistan and possible Talibanization of Pakistan in near future which no one able to stop till now.

Though use of civilian nuclear energy by Pakistan does not go against India.

That however does go against India. Just like the present nuke deal goes against Pakistan. It free's up domestic Uranium which can go directly to military reactors-making bombs. This however, can occur only if Pakistan has the money to buy Uranium to fire all its civilian reactors-as domestically mined Uranium will be significantly cheaper. In Pakistan's case, India does have the money and this will be happen definitely.

AM,
Focus mean here, Indian strategic planning and policies are going beyond Pakistan day by day, so it is very simple that in bigger planning Pakistan automatically comes in side.
In future Indian will keep supporting and opposing many issues related to Pakistan which directly affect India. Though use of civilian nuclear energy by Pakistan does not go against India.

At last I would like to say Pakistan is still biggest threat for India due unrest in Pakistan and possible Talibanization of Pakistan in near future which no one able to stop till now.

Ashfaque,

You can expand your focus as much as you want, that does not mean your attitude towards Pakistan has changed - and so long as India's attitude towards Pakistan, one of hostility and undermining it at every point, does not change, these statements mean nothing.

No, most Pakistani's believe that Indo-US deal would trigger a nuclear arm race that could destabalise the Sub-Continent, not the world.

Similar deal will stabalise both Pakistan and SA.

It's not clear how the deal to India will result in a nuclear arms race and not if Pakistan too gets the same.

May be you can elaborate that.

The proof will be in the pudding - again, if India cannot even allow 'minor tactical issues' to go by without attempting to undermine Pakistan, then its focus has not changed.

If the focus has changed, it is welcome indeed, but I need to see tangible evidence of that first.

Well, we have already come a long way since the Kargil days. The sudden change took everyone by surprise. The sight of Indian flags being waived in the Lahore stadium and Indian supporters being cheered by Pakistani fans suggests that change can happen too fast for most people to believe.

So if the "establishment" takes a lead in moving forward, the rest will follow. But you are right in being skeptical, we are skeptical too of the bad old days not returning to the region when Uncle goes away. So we need to be on guard as you need to be on guard.

But the general air in India tells you that India is moving out from being straight-jacketed in the region. All else is just the consequence of that.

Vinod,

I don't think people to people relations have ever really been a huge issue between India and Pakistan, despite all the myths about Pakistani curriculum brainwashing Pakistanis.

The tensions have always been institutional, and that is really where I am still waiting to see something radically different.

What evidence in support of terrorism has India given, other than reports compiled by its own intel. and LEA's?
On that count Pakistani intel and LEA's have their own reports implicating India.

I am not entitled to such classified information, nor have I made any genuine efforts to procure the said information. The fact that India and Pak have both put out this information and the world,US, Pakistani establishment etc. today, have acknowledged the Indian accusations is good enough for me.

When the Pakistani Defense attaches confronted an Indian security official at a conference about providing evidence, the respond was that India did not do so because it was being 'neighborly' - hogwash.

one-off incident. The poor guy would've been caught off-guard.

Pakistan has supported freedom fighters in Kashmir, fighting in disputed territory, not in India, that we admit

Now Pakistan's head of state calls the same freedom fighters as terrorists. The news agencies too refers to these "freedom fighters" as Islamic militants/terrorists. There is a shift in world opinion.

Evidence in support of Pakistan officially supporting terrorism in India is about just as good as the evidence Pakistan has about Indian complicity in terrorism in Pakistan. Pakistani officials have repeatedly voiced the allegation of Indian complicity. In fact, Pakistan as late as this summer provided the US evidence of Indian complicity in Baluchistan - once more a case of double standards. US interests are not served by yanking India's chain at this point.

If India were involved in an insurgency in Baluchistan, I doubt India and Iran would be friends. If guilty such actions can come back to haunt either of the nations. US has not been an all weather friend of either.

US/World has acknowledged Pak hand in terrorist activities in India/world and they not letting India act upon it, is also double standards.

However we are going on a tangent - you completely misunderstood my earlier post. I was not talking about whether Pakistani accusations are credible or not, rather pointing out to you that Pakistanis do not 'flatter' themselves by viewing India as 'Pakistan centric' they have genuine concerns over its activities and policies as they relate to Pakistan - and those concerns as validated given India's actions and policies since Independence.

To be frank I am yet to be convinced that the Indian establishment is so malefic when it comes to Pakistan. Refer to my earlier post, as you are so the you think others to be is, the only conclusion I can draw based on the fears and concerns of Pakistani people.

I don't think that will happen. That is the point of the statement by Pranab Mukharjee.

Its not a question of love or hate for Pakistan. Its not having the intention to do a "phate me taang" for others.

Its just another affirmation that India doesn't want to be Pakistan centric anymore.

Look india will say that publicly that it will not oppose pakistan getting nuclear technology from usa or china etc.

That is just to brush its image but behind closed doors it does not wish to see that, no matterhow good relations become between india and pakistan.

Which we all want but that will never erase the fact that india is enemy of our blood.

lol.. as if we are ever gonna get this US Nuke deal, so this is the best opportunity for india to be the good guy by saying "India not against US-Pak nuclear deal".

Look india will say that publicly that it will not oppose pakistan getting nuclear technology from usa or china etc.

That is just to brush its image but behind closed doors it does not wish to see that, no matterhow good relations become between india and pakistan.

Which we all want but that will never erase the fact that india is enemy of our blood.

I don't think it has anything to do with the image. Its just that it is not our business to support or oppose any civilian deal that Pakistan gets. Behind closed door what one wishes doesn't matter and no one needs to care about that.

India is not your enemy. We don't wish any harm to Pakistan. We just won't give up what is our land. And we don't covet anyone else's land.

Dude which news paper do you read anyways? Just qurious to know. What a waste of Bandwidth:disagree:

I don't think it has anything to do with the image. Its just that it is not our business to support or oppose any civilian deal that Pakistan gets. Behind closed door what one wishes doesn't matter and no one needs to care about that.

India is not your enemy. We don't wish any harm to Pakistan. We just won't give up what is our land. And we don't covet anyone else's land.

Mate india is our enemey even if you dont want to be our enemy we will always be yours.

Your land you guys never had land my ancestors ruled india for 700 years, then you guys jumped in to bed with british and so on and so on.

What would we expect from people who have no culture and history, who grasp our history and pretend its their from taj mahal to everything else.

Indians are never proud of their heritage (mind you what heritage) even in your songs its all abour gori and gora, makes me think you lot aint much proud of your own skin colour.

Kashmir is not your land never was, never will be we rather nuke it then leave it you [EDITED]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate india is our enemey even if you dont want to be our enemy we will always be yours.

Your land you guys never had land my ancestors ruled india for 700 years, then you guys jumped in to bed with british and so on and so on.

What would we expect from people who have no culture and history, who grasp our history and pretend its their from taj mahal to everything else.

Indians are never proud of their heritage (mind you what heritage) even in your songs its all abour gori and gora, makes me think you lot aint much proud of your own skin colour.

Kashmir is not your land never was, never will be we rather nuke it then leave it you *** worshipping ****** people.

Now that its clear where you are coming from, goodbye and have sweet wet dreams.

I am not entitled to such classified information, nor have I made any genuine efforts to procure the said information. The fact that India and Pak have both put out this information and the world,US, Pakistani establishment etc. today, have acknowledged the Indian accusations is good enough for me.

one-off incident. The poor guy would've been caught off-guard.

Now Pakistan's head of state calls the same freedom fighters as terrorists. The news agencies too refers to these "freedom fighters" as Islamic militants/terrorists. There is a shift in world opinion.

If India were involved in an insurgency in Baluchistan, I doubt India and Iran would be friends. If guilty such actions can come back to haunt either of the nations. US has not been an all weather friend of either.

US/World has acknowledged Pak hand in terrorist activities in India/world and they not letting India act upon it, is also double standards.

To be frank I am yet to be convinced that the Indian establishment is so malefic when it comes to Pakistan. Refer to my earlier post, as you are so the you think others to be is, the only conclusion I can draw based on the fears and concerns of Pakistani people.
Apparently its classified information to the extent of not even existing, and no, it was not a 'one off incident". Pakistan had been demanding that both the GoA and the GoI give it any evidence they had ever since they started voicing their allegations. The conference was weeks later, at which point still no evidence had been shared, and one woudl have expected any senior official to have knowledge of that when repeating the allegation. That he didn't is quite telling of the fact that there was no evidence, rather the same old blame game.

Militants crossing the border, yes indeed we should not support them anymore. But the Kashmiris fighting Indian occupation do not come under that ambit. Personally I disagree with his classification of 'terrorist', since by that definition, India sponsored 'terrorists' in East Pakistan, and the US sponsored terrorists in Latin America and Afghanistan.

The Baluch organizations fighting in Pakistan and Iran are different, with different leadership, and as of now, no clear connection or joint cause. Therefore your Iran relationship argument does not fly.

The US world has acknowledged no such hand of Pakistan in terrorism, it has recognized that Pakistan supported militants in a disputed territory - actions that the West itself has taken in other countries, and that India took in East Pakistan. The only 'acknowledgment', we have is from 'anonymous sources' in newspapers, which do not sync with facts on the ground.

You are an Indian, of course you believe your nation to be 'innocent', I do not view her that way given the evidence I see, and her actions historically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom