What's new

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list

All you said is fine if not for the fact the survey in question wasn't conducted exclusively on international students. The numbers in the survey include both domestic and international students. So yes, an English speaking country with schools requesting GMAT for domestic students will get a higher ranking, which doesn't necessarily mean they're more popular as a business education destination.

Don't troll plz.

1.) GMAT/GMAC are the most respected and acceptable in the world.

2.) GMAT/GMAC are the biggest in the world in terms of quantity as well as quality.

3.) In whole of the world the biggest number majority of people done MBA in English.

4.) To understand that anyone need not to survey bhutani/nepali/japani/chini/french etc.

In a different list (the QS rankings), IIT Bombay (India's highest ranking tech institute) comes in at 187, IIT Delhi just dropped outside the top200 coming in at 202. The list is summarised in the article:

Global best campus ranking: IIT Bombay slips 24 places - General news

This is from economist which says 35th Position for IIM A
Which MBA? | 2010 Full time MBA ranking

again this link will give u info regarding IITs 2010 World University Ranking | Top 200 Universities in the world

after watching the very first post,i was sure that some crazy bunch of idiots r going to challenge this news,even though the survey is not done by Indian orange media,anyone who post any thing good about India is regarded as chest thumping here even if we dont mention any other countries by name,and if we challenge their claims soon we r labeled as a jealous bunch,hypocrisy is at height in this forum

to Alpha
my heart bleeds for you... please accept my used handkerchief to wipe out your tears

to rest of Indians
well done and bravo

if you do come , let me help you with some tips. exercise everyday and make your immune system strong before coming here so you dont get climate sickness and start eating spices daily if you dont wanna sit all day on toilet seat :D. increase your blood if you wanna survive cause you have to donate lots of blood to mosquitoes. be ready to be called "chinki" its not racial or to offend but just with love :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

im used to it, the mosquitos in my hometown already got me. it was only 10 years ago that the mosquitos were finally eradicated.

i also eat spices every day =)

i understand =)

Don't troll plz.

1.) GMAT/GMAC are the most respected and acceptable in the world.

2.) GMAT/GMAC are the biggest in the world in terms of quantity as well as quality.

3.) In whole of the world the biggest number majority of people done MBA in English.

4.) To understand that anyone need not to survey bhutani/nepali/japani/chini/french etc.

A least try to understand someone's post before throwing out accusations. What I said has nothing to do with whether GMAC is respected or not (of course they're), it's about journalists who might be unaware of nuances of such statistical exercises thus interpret the data in an unwarranted way.

Also, did you just claim that one can have a ranking of top business education destinations (that includes both domestic and international students) without surveying the Japanese, Chinese or French who may prefer study in their language?

Let's take India for example, in 2009 Indian business schools received 22,194 GMAT test scores from applicants in Asia, out of which 22,044 are from Indian students. You can see the contribution of domestic students here. Now imagine in a country like China where far less domestic schools use English as the language of instruction so far fewer of them use GMAT, it's so painfully clear that one can not compare the number of applicants (both domestic and international) to business schools in two countries by simply comparing data from GMAT.

I'm not going to spend more time getting across points as simple as these. GMAC produced a very good survey, but of course they can't stop the media from interpreting the data in any way the journalists like.

Last edited:
India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list ?

:rofl:

This is becoming ridiculous! :lol:

I don't know too much about this GMAC thing - a English lanuage related stuff. So according to OP, the only thing the "survey" proves is that India is the 4th most populous destination in some courses of English-language origin.

Given the fact that India is one of the largest countries where English-speaking courses are tagutht, and Indian students are humongous in that scoring system, then it is no surprises at all that India ranked 4th (most populous one).

But giving it s spin to say that India is No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination is ....:rofl: a fool's wet dream.

Germanic language system countries such as Germany, Nederlands, a part of Belgium, Denmark, Switserland, Austra, even Scandinavia countries rarely have some courses being taught in English, and not that many peope here even know what does GMAC mean actually. People here usually don't go for MBAs - those are Anglo-American things, but technical universities for Dr. degree instead. The similar goes with the French, Spanish, Italians and Portugues; In East Asia, I guess most Chinese, Japanese , Korean universities don't use English as the teaching language in majority of the degrees offered. To claim India is No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination is to say it's better than every country in the EU. :woot: :lol:

So nothing special really.

Last edited:
India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list ?

:rofl:

This is becoming ridiculous! :lol:

I don't know too much about this GMAC thing - a English lanuage related stuff. So according to OP, the only thing the "survey" proves is that India is the 4th most populous destination in some courses of English-language origin.

Given the fact that India is one of the largest countries where English-speaking courses are tagutht, and Indian students are humongous in that scoring system, then it is no surprises at all that India ranked 4th (most populous one).

But giving it s spin to say that India is No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination is ....:rofl: a fool's wet dream.

Germanic language system countries such as Germany, Nederlands, a part of Belgium, Denmark, Switserland, Austra, even Scandinavia countries rarely have some courses being taught in English, and not that many peope here even know what does GMAC mean actually. People here usually don't go for MBAs - those are Anglo-American things, but technical universities for Dr. degree instead. The similar goes with the French, Spanish, Italians and Portugues; In East Asia, I guess most Chinese, Japanese , Korean universities don't use English as the teaching language in majority of the degrees offered. To claim India is No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination is to say it's better than every country in the EU. :woot: :lol:

So nothing special really.

Well in my opinion India is the world number 1 laughing stock

Just want to add sth, let alone Germany-centered EU countries, talk about Southern European countries such as Spain, the management courses there ( yes including MBA in English also :lol:), offered by institutions such as IESE and ISADE are literally leagues ahead of anything India could come up with as a whole package.

Seriously, it just reminded me that once I went to this Int'l summer camp Spanish course years ago in madrid, and knew some Spaniards who studing at ISADE at a time. They kindly invited me as a guest to listen to one of their mamagement classes in English . It was quite global students & professors presence. There were students from almost all major world economies. Only China-related in the class: there were 2 Chinese students from CHina, 1 ethnic Chinese from Singapore, 1 Vietnamese American ( he told me that he was ethnically Han Chinese ). I saw no Indians there, sorry. The class was of absolute quality!

This is from economist which says 35th Position for IIM A
Which MBA? | 2010 Full time MBA ranking

again this link will give u info regarding IITs 2010 World University Ranking | Top 200 Universities in the world

GUys in this report of 200 best universities i found 5 India,
is this report correct..?
i heard "someguy"(Briton) said there are no indian universities in top 200...
here's the link..
2010 World University Ranking | Top 200 Universities in the world

That website ranks institutions by popularity of their websites, not by the quality of courses they provide.
Here's what it says on their own website:

4 International Colleges & Universities - About Us

The aim of this website is to provide an approximate popularity ranking of world Universities and Colleges based upon the popularity of their websites. This is intended to help international students and academic staff to understand how popular a specific University/College is in a foreign country.

We do not claim - by any means - to rank organisations or their programs, by the quality of education or level of services provided. The 4icu.org University Web Ranking is not an academic ranking and should not be adopted as the main criteria for selecting an higher education organization where to study.

As I mentioned before, don't confuse popularity with quality.

India to soon have navratna universities

CHENNAI: India will soon have 'Navratna' Universities on the lines of the famous Ivy League varsities, which will be "free them from the shackles of government control," Science and Technology Minister Kapil Sibal said today.

In his keynote address at the 98th Indian Science Congress at SRM University near here, Sibal said that this would be achieved by measures including generous financial support and access to external funding.

"We are working on the concept of having Navratna Universities or an Indian Ivy League.We intend to nurture these select universities, like the public sector navratnas, by generous financial support, freedom in accessing external funding and total autonomy so as to free them from the shackles of government control," he said speaking on the topic 'Quality Education and Excellence in Science Research in Indian Universities.

The eight Ivy League institutions are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University , Dartmouth College, Harvard University , Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania and Yale University.

He said such an initiative would be useful in achieving the challenge of developing human and social capital that will enable youth to work and compete globally.

"In regard to our existing navratnas-the IITs and IIMs--we are according full powers to their Boards to create posts within the approved norms, top up the salaries of the Directors and Faculty from the funds generated by them, open centres in India and abroad, amend rules within the framework of their Memorandums of Association and Rules, acquire and dispose property and manage funds generated on their own," he said.

With this autonomy, the government sought to build accountability and the Director and the Board would prepare annual action plans and monitorable key performance indicators at each level, he said.

With India moving towards being an "affluent society" there was a need to tackle much more aggressively the structural inequities, especially in education front, he said.

The Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) was a 'mere' 15 per cent, Sibal noted, adding changing labour markets and demographics are driving a "new" demand for higher education.

"This has come mainly from two groups that traditionally were not known to attend universities: a rising lower middle class and women. These sources will continue to fuel the demand for higher education and will be fighting for more places for quality education. This will necessitate many more universities and colleges to be opened in the years to come. Most estimates project a minimum doubling over the next decade," he said.

The government's goal was to double the GER by 2020, and this will entail massive capacity building, both institutional as well as human, Sibal said.

India to soon have navratna universities - The Economic Times

It is an ill-kept secret that Indian education standards are among the best in the world. But now, it's official. India stands at number 4 in the list of most desired education destinations.

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list

The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the body which conducts GMAT recently conducted a survey, which pegged the United States and the United Kingdom at No. 1 and 2, but what has come as a real surprise is India's rank. The third most powerful Asian nation has been placed at the 4th most desired place to study management courses.

GMAT is one amongst the top B-school entrance test which is conducted at global level. Canada has secured the third position in the lot. Even Spain and Israel have appeared in the list among the top preferred destinations for B-schools.

Experts believe that India's entry to the list is no surprise. They said that as the country is coming up with reputed business schools of international standards, it was quite obvious. Business schools in India are among the best in the world. The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, has been ranked at 12th in the Financial Times (London) Global MBA rankings.

Also, the Indian Institutes of Management spread across major cities have also led MBA aspirants to opt for Indian schools. IIMs adopt GMAT for its entrance exams.

Experts said business school aspirants have now become mature. They have become particular about the returns they would get after making an investment in management studies. Because academics here is cheaper than in the US and the UK, MBA degree-seekers are turning their heads towards India.

On a different note, while Indians have always been fascinated of continuing their studies in America, it has now emerged that Canada is a more favoured destination now. The GMAC survey reports said 78% of full-time MBA courses in Canada were largely applied for by Indians.
:cheers::cheers:

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list - *Education News | MSN India

big achievement indeed!!!

Back
Top Bottom