What's new

India needs to talk cruise missiles with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no Indian LACM.

Russians and Indians have a 50-50 venture in Brahmos., Pretty much our own as much as it theirs.

Babur and the Chinese Cruise missile looks awfully similar; I wonder why.

There is no Indian LACM.

Russians and Indians have a 50-50 venture in Brahmos., Pretty much our own as much as it theirs.

Babur and the Chinese Cruise missile looks awfully similar; I wonder why.

Dude nice try to get heated response lol but they look different.

http://www.sinodefence.com/strategic/missile/cruisemissile.asp

https://defence.pk/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1485

But since the Brahmos is not really designed as a LACM it appears India is one step behind with land based cruise missile devlopment....

Last edited by a moderator:
Brahmos is already inducted in the Armed Forces and it is not LACM it is Supersonic Cruise Missile, Class Apart.

They do look exactly the same....

Didn't you realise the same risks when you refused to include them in the first place?

We launch missiles from the eastern sea border and you have nothing like that to say. Your country doesnt have the width to provide us with a second thought if a missile is launched. Even if its launched from the western border of pakistan most of your missiles can still reach Delhi.

Got my point.

Brahmos is already inducted in the Armed Forces and it is not LACM it is Supersonic Cruise Missile, Class Apart.

Dude go and check the problems with supersonic cruise missiles and then come back to me........:disagree:

It's a Ashm so it is great out to sea but over land it not even as close to effective. plus the range for LO-LO profile is short.

And take another look at the missiles, it has small differences which make sense if they simply copied it.

I have taken another look and I dont see any significant changes.

Supersonic Missiles have their uses, conventional cruise missile's theirs. There are counter measures to Conventional Missiles, Not yet for the Supersonic one's. Brahmos-2 in development is said to be 1000kms.

They do look exactly the same....

Tell me where's the similarity's, besides them looking like rods, lol.

http://www.sinodefence.com/strategic/missile/cruisemissile3lg.jpg
ArmyMissileHatfVIIBabur003.jpg

Friends try to study the air defence and radar systems ,.during ist Gulf war petriots actualy failed in Israel and even American soldiers also got killed by vintage skuds. Babur is good for its range but bramomos has super strike capability due to its speed which may be increased to mach8. No anti missile can give 100% protection .

Dude go and check the problems with supersonic cruise missiles and then come back to me........:disagree:

It's a Ashm so it is great out to sea but over land it not even as close to effective. plus the range for LO-LO profile is short.

And take another look at the missiles, it has small differences which make sense if they simply copied it.

oh oh so a supersonic CM cant be a succesfull LACM? Well there was a time when mankind thought the earth was flat, but later was proved wrong.

Yes, Didnt I just write above that it was Indian Mistake,
Quite convenient to realise the mistake now. Would it still be the case if we had not developped Babur?

if at all they refused it in the first place
You doubt my claim about Indian refusal? :confused:

We launch missiles from the eastern sea border and you have nothing like that to say. Your country doesnt have the width to provide us with a second thought if a missile is launched. Even if its launched from the western border of pakistan most of your missiles can still reach Delhi.

Got my point.

Delhi is the heart of the country, no country at war can afford to lose the capital.
Delhi, Mumbai and Bengalore are well with the reach of our missiles launched from the western border.

Quite convenient to realise the mistake now. Would it still be the case if we had not developped Babur?

No, we wouldnt have. Why loose an advantage. Isnt that how geo-politics work; or should we say our countries are goodie-goodie goldie's, It will be the same case if India acquired a capability when Pakistan hasn't, It will be naive to think otherwise.
I havent read anywhere India refused the Cruise Missile Notification,

I havent read anywhere India refused the Cruise Missile Notification,

I have provided supportive Indian links to prove my claim in some other thread, read this:

It's up to us: Pak tells India
[12 Aug, 2005 l 2011 hrs ISTlPTI]

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan said it was not "duty-bound" to inform India about the test-firing of its Cruise missile and alleged that New Delhi had declined to include this in the draft treaty on nuclear and conventional weapons and only agreed on pre-notification of ballistic missiles.

Islamabad is not duty-bound to inform New Delhi about the cruise missile as it is not included in the treaty. The test was, therefore, carried out without pre-notification, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Sheikh Rashid Ahmed told reporters in Rawalpindi when asked why New Delhi was not informed about yesterday's test-firing of Hatf VII Babur missile.

India declined to accept Pakistan's proposal that Cruise missiles too should be included in the draft treaty finalised at the weekend talks on nuclear and conventional CBMs, where the two countries agreed on pre-notification of only ballistic missiles, he claimed.

"India thought that we will never acquire cruise missiles, that is the reason why they were not willing to accept Pakistan's proposal to include notification of cruise missiles in the treaty," he said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1199511.cms

Thanks Neo, a stupid mistake from the part of Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom