What's new

India must respect Vienna convention on Italy envoy's immunity says EU

An ambassador represents his govt. overseas. Whatever actions he take or whatever he says are interpreted as the actions & words of his/her govt.

Mate , at some point , Indian Govt will be forced to intervene in the matter , this one can get ugly since detaining an ambassador is no joke and emotions are hardly relevant in these matters ...

Are you feeling surprised , my friend ? :) This is how it works , EU will ask both to settle the issue " diplomatically " ...

"Diplomatically" only when a EU nation betrays the court of another nation. In another word, it asks India not to violate Vienna Conventions.
So what about assurances Italy gave to Indian Law? Have EU forgot about this?

Mate , at some point , Indian Govt will be forced to intervene in the matter , this one can get ugly since detaining an ambassador is no joke and emotions are hardly relevant in these matters ...

True. And the turn of events can be explained only after 22nd march

Do you really think india will take action. I bet nothing gonna happen...
Well, in that case, Congress at Kerela and at Center will get huge bashing.

Best thing, if Italy release list of politicians involved in Choppergate scam.

Like I said, for me, things will be positive for India. Either Congress will be kicked or India will re-affirm its position.

Both are good for our National Interests. So my friend, in any case, I will be happy. :D

"Diplomatically" only when a EU nation betrays the court of another nation. In another word, it asks India not to violate Vienna Conventions.
So what about assurances Italy gave to Indian Law? Have EU forgot about this?

True. And the turn of events can be explained only after 22nd march

Well , to say the least , I am quite surprised by Italy's actions because of the relations between the two countries and since the Marines went and returned before too ... Now , they ask you not to violate Vienna convention and you are bound by it ... At best , you can declare the person persona non grata and expel him , he gave the guarantee on behalf of the Italian Govt , what personal relation does he have with Marines anyways , none ... EU and the West can conveniently forget anything when they like in the time and place of their choosing , yet ask to implement loop holed laws :D

Indeed , remember you have your Indian ambassador in Rome too and Indians work in Italy , not the other way around ...

Well, in that case, Congress at Kerela and at Center will get huge bashing.

Best thing, if Italy release list of politicians involved in Choppergate scam.

Like I said, for me, things will be positive for India. Either Congress will be kicked or India will re-affirm its position.

Both are good for our National Interests. So my friend, in any case, I will be happy. :D

Lol better will be congress kicked out.. :D

What Kinda action u suggest Krait?
Trial of Ambassador for Contempt of Court. he personally vouched for it on legal document, if the soldiers don't return as per the agreement, even start of trial will send a strong message.

Even if they send back after 22, there will be breach of agreement, Court should at least give a slap on the wrist to set an example.

@KRAIT

Deep inside , you know it cant be done , he's protected by the same diplomatic immunity ... You can send messages and protest , but nothing further I am afraid ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trial of Ambassador for Contempt of Court. he personally vouched for it on legal document, if the soldiers don't return as per the agreement, even start of trial will send a strong message.

Even if they send back after 22, there will be breach of agreement, Court should at least give a slap on the wrist to set an example.

But there is a law na that we can file case or anything like that cant be done with ambassador at most court can ask ambassador to leave country... Correct of if i am wrong

@KRAIT

Deep inside , you know it cant be done , he's protected by the same diplomatic immunity ... You can send messages and protest , but nothing further I am afraid ...

Exactly nothing can be done. They found loop hole in our law...

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be great, India has become a rogue nation violating Vienna Convention.

Laws of the land can be followed in Violation of affidavits given to the Highest Court of India......Legality of Vienna Convention still holds good for other cases....and other diplomats

Wrong and :offtopic: answer.
You Indians are lame can't do anything against Italia but attacked Pakistani female Sufi singer in Delhi. :sick:

We are trying their diplomat in cout. That's more than what Pakistan could ever attempt to do. LOL you people begged for apology, let alone took any action after 24 of your soldiers were blown up by a drone. Oh, and you never got that apolgy :lol:.
Also , as if that wasn't enough , you took bakshish /begger money from the US and opened the NATO supply routes 2-3 weeks after the incident. now tell me whose lame

Are you feeling surprised , my friend ? :) This is how it works , EU will ask both to settle the issue " diplomatically " ...

of course that every country will.
but.i never thought that it would get involved in this bilateral issue between the two countries,.

That would be great, India has become a rogue nation violating Vienna Convention.

Uffff :disagree:..and then u r a Think Tank
pleasantry.gif

Well , to say the least , I am quite surprised by Italy's actions because of the relations between the two countries and since the Marines went and returned before too ... Now , they ask you not to violate Vienna convention and you are bound by it ... At best , you can declare the person persona non grata and expel him , he gave the guarantee on behalf of the Italian Govt , what personal relation does he have with Marines anyways , none ... EU and the West can conveniently forget anything when they like in the time and place of their choosing , yet ask to implement loop holed laws :D

Indeed , remember you have your Indian ambassador in Rome too and Indians work in Italy , not the other way around ...

No buddy, There is no Indian Ambassador in Rome. The new Ambassador was assigned, but when he was about to be sent, this incident happened.
So India downgraded its diplomatic ties by not sending an Ambassador there, when its Ambassador here is in the prospect of facing a trial

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom