What's new

India must respect Vienna convention on Italy envoy's immunity says EU

I know you were clueless here, once again!
For, check your post beginning from the word pay roll.
Then you came to payrol.
Then, when reminded by me, the potential word could be parole, is that what he meant.
He implies yes, but blames it on his Nokia Lumia for spelling mistake once again on a key word...
How convenient.

With all this (above) imbroglio, he is STILL WRONG!
Even with the word parole...

The parole is NOT meant for under trials. It is meant for crimnals/prisnors already sentenced.....

Wastage of bandwidth, who cares ...

I just don't understand, we'll I do actually, the sheer arrogance of Indians in general. Their economy is on the rise and all of a sudden they think they can take on any country in the world and that the world evolves around them.

Nobody mentioned anything about a military confrontation anyway so that is out of the window argument. Secondly, unlike the Chinese who appear to be more humble and understand the interlinked trade they have with the EU.....it is high time the Indians too understood that this is a two way street.

If the EU decides today, to hell with Indian goods, they shall not be bought from India again and all call centres in India to be closed and moved back to EU countries, my friend India would be crippled very quickly. You seem to live in a fools haven. Yes, products will be more expensive to manufacture in the EU, nonetheless this is give the opportunity for the Europeans to lives within their means........

So please, let's post sensibly with meaningful posts rather then the rubbish dumping ground thesis becoming

My friend, I work in this sort of industry and will not disclose exactly what that is, however let me make it clear,....... If a person has diplomatic immunity, then only that country from which he came can remove that immunity. The host country, India can do nothing. Even if the diplomat kills an Indian in broad daylight, he cannot be prosecuted in India unless Italy removes that blanket immunity over him. In such a case, he would be deported and probably held for trial in Italy.

That is what India agree to sign up to and if breached, then that nation as well as other nations will pull its personnel out of India as they too do not have any immunity any longer despite the Vienna/Geneva conventions which would be seen as not being honoured.
it's not arrogance mate it shows our will to stand up to something wrong!i will just repeat my statement that the EU won't be able to take any serious action against India because of this incident and you know why because we are an important player in the global diplomatic arena.mark my words that Italy will be compelled to send those rwo murderers back to India to face prosecution.Period:azn:!

I didn't look into the news in details until now.

Thor is right! :tup:

indians:no:

1. int'l water = int'l court:

Probably only 1 or 2 superpowers (no supapawa) in this world can do the trial domestically by their sheer force, and only very rarely, even if it happened in int'l water. India vs Italy? forget about it!

3. the most ridiculous part, "hold Italian ambassador"? :omghaha: come again?

An ambassador is NOT a private person but a body representing a country's sovereignty – this is abc. even Italian ambassador himself killed the fishmen instead of the marines, India can not touch him.

if sb is to blamed, blame that moron indian judge. any ambassador will do his utmost for his citizens but court judges just can not take the guarantee of the ambassador at its face value cuz you don't have the ultimate judiciary if the guarantee turns sour.

The post is pretty much true.It is fault of judges and Indians should stop blaming others. except

2. don't accept blood $$.

if you did you accept the compensations you have no moral high ground left and can not trial them again. you can't have it both ways.

India never accepted blood money.Italian government reached an understanding with the family of victims not GoI.

Wastage of bandwidth, who cares ...

If you dont know anything specifically, must you meddle into it?
Who is wasting PDF's bandwidth here?
Certainly you, a disgraced soul.
And yet, have the audacity to say who cares...

trollface_b.jpg

If you dont know anything specifically, must you meddle into it?
Who is wasting PDF's bandwidth here?
Certainly you, a disgraced soul.
And yet, have the audacity to say who cares...

Post reported for personal abuse.

This is not the first time you are behaving like this.

Must be some frustrated guy finding solace in abusing others :lol:

:wave:

Next time if you come across my posts ignore them an move on and you are the only one whop says these this after all these years.

Just F#$k off.

You should cross check from better sources

UNCLOS and Agreement on Part XI - Preamble and frame index

This is a quote from original treaty and it clearly explains that in contiguous zone a country could exercise it's authority only to enforce laws that are being violated or under the threat of being violated within Territorial water and that too under limiting circumstances.

But Wikipedia is saying the incident happened about 20.5 nautical miles which is well within the jurisdiction of India, 24 Nautical miles transform into 44 km roughly .

India never accepted blood money.Italian government reached an understanding with the family of victims not GoI.

it's still the case. if victims accept $$ - aka private settlement fees, they have no moral perhaps even legal (depending on how they acceoted and signed what) rights to go to court again, they can't have it both ways. And it has nothing to do with whatever govt.

Post reported for personal abuse.

This is not the first time you are behaving like this.

Must be some frustrated guy finding solace in abusing others :lol:

:wave:

Next time if you come across my posts ignore them an move on and you are the only one whop says these this after all these years.

Just F#$k off.

But Wikipedia is saying the incident happened about 20.5 nautical miles which is well within the jurisdiction of India, 24 Nautical miles transform into 44 km roughly .

Wikipedia could be edited by anyone.I have quoted to you text of original treaty which says that Territorial waters extend only 12 nautical miles from baseline.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/italy-vs-india-over-firing-on-fishermen-top-10-facts-178099

and the incident has occurred 14 nautical miles away from baseline.

it's still the case. if victims accept $$ - aka private settlement fees, they have no moral perhaps even legal (depending on how they acceoted and signed what) rights to go to court again, they can't have it both ways. And it has nothing to do with whatever govt.

This is India. Murder / killing is not a private dispute. Regardless of any compensation made/accepted, it has no bearing on the criminal trial.

I would love to see how much EU would go in supporting Italy, particularly while there is no word from them, on how the Republic of Italy and its Ambassador betrayed the SC and govt of India after giving assurances.

The Ambassador have lost his immunity as soon as he gave an undertaking to SC responsible for the marines !!!

Anybody remember Portugal handing over abu salem to india conditionally - that he should not serve more than 25 years, let alone be hanged, despite him having killed scores of indians?
European laws were quoted by Portugal....
And India gave guarantee against this?

Italy first promised and then broke it. EU should rather ask Italy to return those marines. Italy has 22nd March Deadline. After that, as SC has said, India should take action.

Italy first promised and then broke it. EU should rather ask Italy to return those marines. Italy has 22nd March Deadline. After that, as SC has said, India should take action.

Do you really think india will take action. I bet nothing gonna happen...

so now the EU has involved itself in this matter. interesting.

Are you feeling surprised , my friend ? :) This is how it works , EU will ask both to settle the issue " diplomatically " ...

What Kinda action u suggest Krait?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom