What's new

India:Muslims want curbs on Hindu procession

I don't recognize it as a genocide.

What happened in Gujrat in just a few hours alone killed more Muslims than a single attack on Shiia Muslims in Pakistan.

Sadly, with the states backing.

If we consider the scores of attacks on Shias, your position seems untenable.

In Gujarat 79 people were convicted for the riots, now tell me how many in Pakistan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarian_violence_in_Pakistan

Since the year 2000, over 2000 Shia Hazara community members including many women and children have been killed or wounded in attacks perpetrated by Sunni Muslim terrorists affiliated with Al-Qaeda and Taliban in southwestern town of Quetta. Many hundreds of Shia Muslims have been killed in northern areas of Pakistan such as Gilgit, Baltistan, Parachinar and Chelas. The violence worsened immediately after September 11 and the expulsion of the Taliban from Afghanistan.[26] In 2002, 12 Shia Hazara police cadets were gunned down in Quetta. In 2003, the main Shia Friday Mosque was attacked in Quetta, killing 53 worshippers. March 2, 2004, at least 42 persons were killed and more than 100 wounded when a procession of the Shia Muslims was attacked by rival Sunni extremists at Liaquat Bazaar in Quetta.[27] Separately, on October 7, 2004, a car bomb killed 40 members of an extremist Sunni organization in Multan. 300 people died during 2006.[28]

Check the links for sources

WTF? Just cause its a Muslim street, the procession should no go through?

What about the Azaans blaring on the loudspeaker 5 times a day, why should Hindus have to put up with that? Sometimes I think these people don't deserve a secular democratic country. :hitwall:
I agree that it is not an appropriate demand. Instead , they should have demanded their security at the time of passing of procession, as they also have the right to practice their religion.
About Azaans, You have to put up with that , because the Constitution of India says that. Also, Azaan takes only 4,5 minutes. Can't you tolerate for 5 minutes also. Where , the proclaimed Tolerance of Hindus has gone ? Actually , Majority of Hindus are indeed tolerant, but people like are not tolerant.

I agree that it is not an appropriate demand. Instead , they should have demanded their security at the time of passing of procession, as they also have the right to practice their religion.
About Azaans, You have to put up with that , because the Constitution of India says that. Also, Azaan takes only 4,5 minutes. Can't you tolerate for 5 minutes also. Where , the proclaimed Tolerance of Hindus has gone ? Actually , Majority of Hindus are indeed tolerant, but people like are not tolerant.

What does Hindu tolerance had to do with this situation here? Security from a marriage procession? then what other processions they want security from? Did you see that radical Islamic organization(PFI which is actually banned in Kerala but not in TN) is involved in stirring trouble?

Oh so we have to tolerate Azaans, but they don't have to tolerate a marriage procession? The Constitution says every religion gets equitable treatment, which is clearly not the case if Hindus have to stop their activities to please every other dude.

If we consider the scores of attacks on Shias, your position seems untenable.

In Gujarat 79 people were convicted for the riots, now tell me how many in Pakistan?

Sectarian violence in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check the links for sources

you also have to consider attack on non-Shiias (e.g. Barelvis/Sufis/etc.)

their holy places have been attacked by TTP and like-minded groups. . .

a war of ideology fomented by external elements is taking place not a war of ethnicity within Pakistan

some do call it a genocide perhaps; i dont agree with such assessments. You shouldnt take that as down-playing the fact that totally innocent people are being killed

@Abu Zolfiqar And what about the deadly bombing that killed over 100 Ahmedis back years ago ?

See, TTP is a problem that raised its head few years ago but the minorities even in Muslim community have been targeted by other groups. Even the declaration of Ahmedis as non-Muslims, anti-Shia groups etc. have been there in Pakistani society.

If I have to prove my sincerity on this topic irrespective of country I belong to, I have also seen similar behavior in India too. The ways were different, the damages have been the similar.

I don't remember who said it, may be it was Jinnah or some Indian leader, that, nation's character is determined by its treatment of the minorities. Regarding this, our sub-continent has failed over time, again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recognize it as a genocide.
What happened in Gujrat in just a few hours alone killed more Muslims than a single attack on Shiia Muslims in Pakistan.
Sadly, with the states backing.
I have asked you to kindly read about Gujrat riots. Just one question, do you know why it is called Godhara riots ? What started the riots ?

Have you ever wondered what is the riot dynamics ? Do you really think that it was state backed or mis-representation by opposition party to get political dividends out of this heinous massacre.

Have you ever thought that the riots were started with burning of 58 innocent men, women and Children, locked in a railway bogey at Godhara?

Just tell me that a state with 3 centuries of Communal Violence history, where riots have started because of killing of Cow, this wasn't expected ?

Also, why just talk about deaths of Muslims, don't you think that Hindus were also killed, around 300, their lives also means something.

Point is sometimes people can't distinguish between Riots and Genocides.

Did Shias killed Sunnis or Ahmedis killed Sunnis in a competitive violence ?

Think with neutral POV for once. Godhara riots were started by just one rumor. Yes, just ONE RUMOR.

Muslims also need their rights in India..

How about Muslims first start protesting anti-Cow slaughter bill
How can such a bill be passed in so called "secular" state?
Its impossible!

India is NOT a secular state!!

Muslims also need their rights in India..

How about Muslims first start protesting anti-Cow slaughter bill
How can such a bill be passed in so called "secular" state?

Its impossible!

India is NOT a secular state!!

Is eating beef compulsary for Muslims.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom