What's new

India : Muslim family forced to leave theatre for not standing during national anthem

Why wouldnt they stand, if all were doing it. Imo should have given black and blue treatment to the male person.

The expression “disaffection” includes disloyalty and all feelings of enmity-

IPC Section 124A
Is there an Indian Court ruling that supersedes/overturns the following?

"It is the moral duty of a person to stand in the attention position when the National Anthem is played but if they do not do so, then, prima facae it is not a crime under the 1971 Act, and, under the 2002 National Flag Code, no mention of any crime is stated if a person is not standing at attention," Judicial Magistrate Narendra Jain ruled here.
By law, are we required to stand for the national anthem? : FYI, News - India Today

We don't sing the national anthem for funsies and kicks. We don't sing it because there's some religious context in them. We sing and honor national anthems because it displays patriotism. I don't believe they were singled out because they were muslims, they were just ignorant. Hindus and Muslims have died for India, and they are both equal in patriotism. The media loves to spin the story into a religious discrimination
What is 'patriotism' exactly?

If it's an 'emotion', then why is it acceptable to demand 'respect' for 'patriotic emotions' and not as much for 'religious emotions' (criticism or cartoons of the prophet Muhammad for example)?

Barbarian savages. hindus are just turning ultra-nationalist fascists for their sh!thole called india.

Muslims should have another separate homeland in india. Punjab should be separated and made khalistan too.
Go through word by word about what you said just now.. What will be your reaction if I say the same on Pakistan??
Here I go
"Barbarian savage Muslims are just turning ultra nationalist fascists for their sh!t hole called Pakistan..
Balochis & Shia's in Pakistan should have a separate homeland in Pakistan.. Balochistan & Khyber pakhtunkwa should be separated from Pakistan and made separate state..
On topic, I don't want to say such things to a country like paksitan, because it is purely internal affairs of that country and a foreigner has got no say in it but you just made me type all these nonsense..
Mods @Oscar @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Jungibaaz , I don't think any of his response will be sane and hence request your presence here to stop trolling ..

How is this even remotely related to the subject ? Next thing I'll hear is jamahir relating Paris attacks with the theater incident.

SKS Microfinance has got something to do with this ?
How is this even remotely related to the subject ? Next thing I'll hear is jamahir relating Paris attacks with the theater incident.

World is biased, get used to it. It is no utopian state.

Factually incorrect.

From your entire post, it simply looks like you are trying to vent your personal anger through this event, which does not have anything in particular to do with your issues.

This entire post, and the previous one, was uncalled for.

Haan beta jab modi photu lene ke chakkar me raashtr dwaj ka apman bhi andekha kardeta hai, jab yeh baat nahi nikli tere moo se... Charbi toh feku pe chad gayi hai videsh ghoom kar..
Yeah National Anthem being played in honor of martyrs of 26/11 and it's my choice for few people just because they are "Muslims".

This entire post, and the previous one, was uncalled for.

May be hitting below the belt a little, sorry for that.

But then, I don't get this. Why would a sensible person relate entirely discrete events to make a coagulated jelly of all ? That makes it difficult to address the issue at hand and gives the impression that one is just playing the devil's advocate. One has to present his case in a logical fashion. This is neither deductive, nor inductive reasoning. This is frustrating at best.

Sunny leonne scene has more respect than pathetic anthem of the shithole to our east
Why do u hate India So much man..?? Swearing a country so badly from where your forefathers descended.. Are you ashamed so much of your own roots..?
God, I do have my share of hatred towards dickheads of Pakistan, but I never ever curse a foreign country so badly.. Pakistan is also a Nation in which thousands of Poor people and Innocent soldiers believe and are ready to fight for.. It deserves so much respect, even from an enemy like us.. And we Indians never disrespect Pakistan like this.. Is this what you learn from your religion and upbringing..?? All I heard from my fellow Indian Muslims is that Islam is full of peace.. Is this your definition of peace??

you do not respect the national anthem.. you don't deserve respect...irrespective of what religion you belong to. Period.

Is there an Indian Court ruling that supersedes/overturns the following?

"It is the moral duty of a person to stand in the attention position when the National Anthem is played but if they do not do so, then, prima facae it is not a crime under the 1971 Act, and, under the 2002 National Flag Code, no mention of any crime is stated if a person is not standing at attention," Judicial Magistrate Narendra Jain ruled here.
By law, are we required to stand for the national anthem? : FYI, News - India Today

No- But they can be charged under 124A- Similar case have been declared as a crime greater than murder by a Kerala Court-

No- But they can be charged under 124A- Similar case have been declared as a crime greater than murder by a Kerala Court-
What are the particulars of that 'similar case'? I'd like a link to review specifics if possible to determine actual similarities.

The language of 124A doesn't support your argument, and while lower courts might be susceptible to rule erroneously under political and public pressure, charging the family for sedition by virtue of committing the act of 'not standing' is going to get laughed out of most higher courts when appealed.

Yeah National Anthem being played in honor of martyrs of 26/11 and it's my choice for few people just because they are "Muslims".
I would have said the same thing, had he being of any other religion... You probably want to magnify his religion because it serves your interests...

12294638_1357598607629837_695099122166489335_n.jpg

National Anthem is played in cinemas in Lahore as well but I do not expect a foreigner to stand up during its play [at minimum]. I saw one man sitting during the play of National Anthem in a cinema hall and nobody forced him off his seat.

See? You need to be open-minded about this matter. It is not written on somebody's face why he is not standing up during a play of National Anthem in a cinema hall (he could be a look-alike foreigner). He came to cinema to seek entertainment, not to be part of a nation's nationalistic fervor.
There is nothing to be open-minded or close-minded here....Paying respect to national anthem is not some nationalistic fervor...it is a duty and expected out of you....some people are very passionate about it and follow it religiously...some like you might not take it strongly...that's it...no??

Why should people have to respect the national anthem? Why not to stand up is a crime ? Have u ever asked yourself that question? Or went with the post-colonial absurd western narrative?

If I have to explain to you why people have to respect the National Anthem of a country, especially when they are in that country, then it would be a whole different argument where we debate on right and wrong and respect and disrespect.....basically, beyond the scope of this thread.

barbaric indians still living in the stone age...divided by caste, color and religion...

There is nothing to be open-minded or close-minded here....Paying respect to national anthem is not some nationalistic fervor...it is a duty and expected out of you....some people are very passionate about it and follow it religiously...some like you might not take it strongly...that's it...no??
It is not "my" duty (as a foreigner) to respect "your" national anthem, specially in a cinema hall. Understand? It is my decision to make, not yours.

I would like to see you attempt to impose your nationalism on an armed individual at some point. Easy to bully an unarmed individual, right? Don't impose your nationalism on others, period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom