What's new

India missile test to start arms race: Pakistan

Well I dont think so international pressure has anything to do with it. Once we decide we need this capability, we will get it inshallah one way or the other and now since after the testing of the missle by india, it has actually given pakistan a kind of go a head with SLBM. There was also rumours about a possible naval version of Babur. Coming months will indeed be exciting as we may see pakistan testing their own version of an SLBM.

thus Pakistan has a submarine (or trying to get one) capable of launching a SLBM?? or for that matter a SLCM??

Wrong, all Indian missiles related development is done in Israeli.

And what is the source of such wisdom!

It is not reported in Janes or any authritative source. They do mention where all (or at least most) of Pakistani missiles come from. Just try visiting them for a change or FAS.

thus Pakistan has a submarine (or trying to get one) capable of launching a SLBM?? or for that matter a SLCM??

Currently no! However there was some rumour about the torpedo tubes of the Agusta being modified to fire Babur. To what extent that is true that remains to be seen. Moreover there was also another news that during the visit of the chinese president pakistan will talk about a nuclear sub.

Currently no! However there was some rumour about the torpedo tubes of the Agusta being modified to fire Babur. To what extent that is true that remains to be seen. Moreover there was also another news that during the visit of the chinese president pakistan will talk about a nuclear sub.

Thanks.. but for Pak's sake I hope they are the new Type 094 not the deadly (and not in a good way) type 091's.... and from what I am aware China at present operates (regularly?) just 2 nuke subs...

And isn't it possible that if Pakistan does develop a SLCM and SLBM capable of being fired from a Chinese sub (in a short period)... it'll point fingers to a nexus b/w China and Pak in developing Missiles??

Thanks.. but for Pak's sake I hope they are the new Type 094 not the deadly (and not in a good way) type 091's.... and from what I am aware China at present operates (regularly?) just 2 nuke subs...

And isn't it possible that if Pakistan does develop a SLCM and SLBM capable of being fired from a Chinese sub (in a short period)... it'll point fingers to a nexus b/w China and Pak in developing Missiles??

About the type again i am not sure as it wasnt specified. However Pakistan has the option to get a nuclear sub on lease just like in the case of india doing it from russia.
Secondly about your point of developing an SLBM or SLCM in an short period, well the period isnt that short either that it will raise fingers besides lets not forget that no matter what we do, the blame will after all be laid on us for acquiring the technnology from a third source, so it doesnt really matter nor do we really care about pointing fingers at us. The simple fact is that when pakistan feels a possible threat and because conventionaly we are much smaller then india, pakistan will take measures to keep the nuclear balance in SouthAsia irrespective of what others have to say about it.

About the type again i am not sure as it wasnt specified. However Pakistan has the option to get a nuclear sub on lease just like in the case of india doing it from russia.
Secondly about your point of developing an SLBM or SLCM in an short period, well the period isnt that short either that it will raise fingers besides lets not forget that no matter what we do, the blame will after all be laid on us for acquiring the technnology from a third source, so it doesnt really matter nor do we really care about pointing fingers at us. The simple fact is that when pakistan feels a possible threat and because conventionaly we are much smaller then india, pakistan will take measures to keep the nuclear balance in SouthAsia irrespective of what others have to say about it.

I am not sure how much trust should be placed on the Indian sources but 1-2 Akula's are to be leased for training purposes.. till they are not able to deploy their ATV's...

What's the point of leasing nuke subs? when Pakistan doesn't at the moment have plans of buying a Nuke sub.. (nor do I think Pak's budget will allow it to buy new subs and operate them regularly)..

I don't know if Pakistan needs another strike capability as much as India does(assuming their relations with China are not very harmonious and they adhere to their policy of no-first nuke strike and Pakistan has declared its intentions of using nukes if its threatened)..

Anyways it is always fun to watch the arms race... let the tests commence...

i think india is spending coz we have a vast oceanbelt of 5000 KM

we habe to guard arabian sea,indian ocean and Bay of bengal.

and india has to protect its interest from china!!

Pakistan have no threat from india!!

As long as we're adversaries and you keep testing Pak specific missiles you remain a threat and we'll counter it approperiately, we always have. :agree:

As long as we're adversaries and you keep testing Pak specific missiles you remain a threat and we'll counter it approperiately, we always have. :agree:

Cool. Thats good to know. I hope some of the technologies developed find their way in civil domain too and we get to see some "made in Pakistan" high tech stuff in areas other than military.

At least there will be a positive side to the race.

As an example, many of DRDO and ISRO developed technologies are finding civil uses. One very good example is that the famous Jaipur foot is now much lighter and comfortable for the users because of DRDO material research and this has helped many amputees all over the world including Afghanistan to have a new lease of life. It will be good to see similiar stories from across the border.

Well I dont think so international pressure has anything to do with it. Once we decide we need this capability, we will get it inshallah one way or the other and now since after the testing of the missle by india, it has actually given pakistan a kind of go a head with SLBM. There was also rumours about a possible naval version of Babur. Coming months will indeed be exciting as we may see pakistan testing their own version of an SLBM.

ice - u r misreading. the international pressure is not on pakistan but the suppliers of the technology.

I

What's the point of leasing nuke subs? when Pakistan doesn't at the moment have plans of buying a Nuke sub.. (nor do I think Pak's budget will allow it to buy new subs and operate them regularly)

One cannot buy a nuclear sub from another nation. It is prohibited under some sort of restrictions and that is the very reason india too is getting on lease from russia.
About the budjet, dont worry about that, Pakistan economy is also booming at the moment dispite of the ill effects posed by militancy and money will made available once pakistan decides to go for a nuclear sub. Ultimately Pakistan will develop its own nuclear sub as i have mentioned above, one cannot buy it from another country.

ice - u r misreading. the international pressure is not on pakistan but the suppliers of the technology.

No sir! i got the point that was being mentioned, obiviously its the suppiler that gets the pressure even for the simplest of things like the RC-400 radar for the JF-17, however i was refering to another point here that was when pakistan decides to get the tec, pakistan will nomatter what the world(US) does in paticular and this capacity have been demostrated in the past. Pakistan will just not let the nuclear balance shift in india's favour.

Hang on a minute don't we make our own subs ?

Back
Top Bottom