What's new

‘India might not be able to defend itself from Pakistani missiles’

he is a veterinary doctor. Dont believe me? Google it.
Why should I doubt your words ?

Any particular reason ? :p:

Especially Now, after finding articles written by him for Daily times :P

Looks like he is a close relative of Dr. Shahid Masood.:partay:

India’s anti-ballistic missile defence shield
Pak-US relations: the F-16 aspect
Elections in Afghanistan and the Taliban factor
An emotional Pakistan — the ravages
Pakistan: between Iqbal and Jinnah’s visions
The ideology of Pakistan and its implementation
The ideology of Pakistan
Afghanistan and the lessons of history
The Pashtun corridor
Pak-US strategic dialogue
Seeking stability in Afghanistan in 2014
What is wrong with education and research in Pakistan?
Democratic pluralism and Pakistan
2014 poses challenges
Pakistan’s foreign policy challenges
Changing patterns in socio-political culture
A courageous step by the PTI
Pakistan and the new TTP commander
The post-drone strike scenario
Nawaz Sharif, Barack Obama and the same page
Afghanistan in 2014: totalitarianism or democracy
The future of Talibanisation in Pakistan
Nawaz Sharif’s youth empowerment package
The vacant post of the Chairman NAB: repercussions
The National Security Policy prognosis
About Hamid Karzai’s visit
Gwadar as Pakistan’s Hong Kong
About John Kerry’s visit
Nawaz Sharif’s pledge to a journalist
Pakistani students, Theresa May and Adam Thomson

"Mr Topychkanov said that despite largescale cooperation between India and Israel for the development of a ballistic missile defence system............"

It is nothing more then repainted Israeli/American technology.

When we in Pakistan are going to come to consensus that Israel is working in partnership with India to undermine our interests and cause risks to our national security?

1) Everyone and their dog knows Israel and India have been working very closely on various defense projects.

2) Everyone also knows that India is buying a lot of Tech from Israel (Phalcon to Missile Defense, etc).

3) Instead of Pakistan realizing or not realizing who India is working with (Israel or the USA, which is India's right), Pakistan needs to be focused on who SHE needs to work with to protect herself!!! That's where the focus needs to be!!

Anti missile system...is it really exist ? ....To shot down a single ragtag Hamas rockets, Israel shoot multiple anti missile rockets , which is over million a piece. ..Neither India nor Pakistan has any shield or can create shield to counter any strike. Because, traveling distance between the two country is " zero" time.

Last edited:
The article is, to a certain extent , true.. The Indian BMD system is not 100% effective. Even when the tech matures and is deployed , it still won't be 100% effective. But that doesn't make it useless. Let me explain. Suppose India goes to war with a nuclear opponent in near future. And let's say Indian BMD has a piss poor interception rate of 70% i.e. 3 out of 10 times, the hostile nuke missile will be able to reach its target. But one important thing we have to keep in mind, is that Indian BMD is supposed to consist of two different missiles, PAD ( exo-atmosphere interception ) and AAD ( indo-atmosphere interception ), which means that India would get two shots at the same missiles. If PAD fails to intercept, the AAD will take over. Collectively , they reduce the chances of hostile missile reaching the target to almost 10 %. Now, enemy has a finite number of nukes ( let's say the number is 150 at the time of nuclear exchange ). So, in the absence of BMD shield, 150 Indian cities would've been converted into nuclear mushrooms. But due to the BMD shield, enemy would've to launch 10 nukes at the same target in order to be certain that one of them hit. This way, the number of targets goes down drastically from 150 to 15. 135 cities that wouldve been nuked otherwise, have now been saved. That my friends, is the beauty of BMD shield. If I have to choose between losing everything and losing 10%, I would take the second option each time. Its just cold logic. BTW, in the above example, if we do a little tweak and consider the interceptors to be 80 % effective instead of 70% , the chances of enemy missiles hitting their target further reduce to 4% from 10%, one out of 25 missiles will hit. only six cities will be lost.. SEE HOW IT WORKS? :cheers:

The article is, to a certain extent , true.. The Indian BMD system is not 100% effective. Even when the tech matures and is deployed , it still won't be 100% effective. But that doesn't make it useless. Let me explain. Suppose India goes to war with a nuclear opponent in near future. And let's say Indian BMD has a piss poor interception rate of 70% i.e. 3 out of 10 times, the hostile nuke missile will be able to reach its target. But one important thing we have to keep in mind, is that Indian BMD is supposed to consist of two different missiles, PAD ( exo-atmosphere interception ) and AAD ( indo-atmosphere interception ), which means that India would get two shots at the same missiles. If PAD fails to intercept, the AAD will take over. Collectively , they reduce the chances of hostile missile reaching the target to almost 10 %. Now, enemy has a finite number of nukes ( let's say the number is 150 at the time of nuclear exchange ). So, in the absence of BMD shield, 150 Indian cities would've been converted into nuclear mushrooms. But due to the BMD shield, enemy would've to launch 10 nukes at the same target in order to be certain that one of them hit. This way, the number of targets goes down drastically from 150 to 15. 135 cities that wouldve been nuked otherwise, have now been saved. That my friends, is the beauty of BMD shield. If I have to choose between losing everything and losing 10%, I would take the second option each time. Its just cold logic. BTW, in the above example, if we do a little tweak and consider the interceptors to be 80 % effective instead of 70% , the chances of enemy missiles hitting their target further reduce to 4% from 10%, one out of 25 missiles will hit. only six cities will be lost.. SEE HOW IT WORKS? :cheers:

Recently India claim Pakistan has over 350 nuclear weapon, some US independent think tank calim 450.

1) Everyone and their dog knows Israel and India have been working very closely on various defense projects.

2) Everyone also knows that India is buying a lot of Tech from Israel (Phalcon to Missile Defense, etc).

3) Instead of Pakistan realizing or not realizing who India is working with (Israel or the USA, which is India's right), Pakistan needs to be focused on who SHE needs to work with to protect herself!!! That's where the focus needs to be!!

We are already working with whoever we need to work with. So DONT worry about that.

That is not the point. Rather it is irrelevant.

There are plenty of idiots who do not consider Israel as a national security threat to Pakistan, in this forum as well.

When someone is working with your mortal enemy to undermine your national interests and security then alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear. But some of us are still acting naive. Pakistan and intelligence setup should have been active long time ago around Israel taking advantage of enemies she surround herself with. If Hiizbullah want to buy some of our toys, so be it, after all, its just a business transaction. Every action got equal and opposite reaction, that was once baba Newton very famously said.

india pakistan war may not turn into a nuclear conflict. both nations have capability to defend its terrotory conventionally. the pakistan army new tactics and increased capacity of men learnt from war on terror will make the difference.

Recently India claim Pakistan has over350 nuclear weapon, some US independent think tank calim 450.
I knew such a remark was coming.. That's why I didn't name any specific country as the opponent. If you read my post again, you'll notice that the word “Pakistan" wasn't used even a single time. But anyways, let's take your claim of Pakistan having 450 nukes to be the truth, even then the logic remains same. A 70% accurate BMD shield will make sure we lose 45 HVTs instead of 450. A 80% accurate BMD shield would mean we lose 18 HVTs instead of 450. So, contrary to what the article and many Pakistani posters are claiming, The ABM shield is useful.. Extremely useful..!!

so does Russia can defend itself from NATO missiles.

I knew such a remark was coming.. That's why I didn't name any specific country as the opponent. If you read my post again, you'll notice that the word “Pakistan" wasn't used even a single time. But anyways, let's take your claim of Pakistan having 450 nukes to be the truth, even then the logic remains same. A 70% accurate BMD shield will make sure we lose 45 HVTs instead of 450. A 80% accurate BMD shield would mean we lose 18 HVTs instead of 450. So, contrary to what the article and many Pakistani posters are claiming, The ABM shield is useful.. Extremely useful..!!
But, don't think there will be any nuclear war. Because , either India use or Pakistan use, this will destroy the whole South Asia. Just look at windbelt pattern of South Asia...

:disagree:typical pak media chest thumping over nothing , There isn't a single country that can intercept every nuke thrown at them within the respond time , you are talking about hundreds warheads .

Neither of the country is prepared enough to defend against missiles. Yes, counter measures are in place but we lack the technology required for it to be in place effectively at present.
Such news are not anything new and should not be taken very seriously.

More like Mr. Laltopychkanov's analysis!! India tests an ICBM and the world doesn't even blink and the world would be cautious about her inclusion in NSG be says!!!???:p:P:P

But, don't think there will be any nuclear war. Because , either India use or Pakistan use, this will destroy the whole South Asia. Just look at windbelt pattern of South Asia...

Ofcourse we all hope that there is no nuclear war between India and Pak in future. It would certainly be disastrous. I was simply explaining the rationale behind Indian pursuit of BMD. The system is being developed for the worst case scenario. After all, its definitely better to be equipped with a bullet proof vest in a dangerous neighborhood even if you're not looking for a fight. Right? :-)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom