What's new

India might have a thermonuclear Bomb upto 200 Kilo Tonnes !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Use plural, India has thermonuclear bombs' some excerpts of the interview :

Karan Thapar: So you are saying to me that we have thermonuclear bombs--in the plural?

Anil Kakodkar: Yes.

Karan Thapar: With a yield of at least 45 kilotonnes each.

Anil Kakodkar: Much more than that.

Karan Thapar: Much more than that?

Anil Kakodkar: Yes. I told you we have the possibility of a deterrence of low kilotonne to 200 kilotonnes.

India has credible thermo-nuclear bombs in its arsenal: claims Kakodkar PDF Print E-mail

NEW DELHI, Dec. 13 (APP): Dr. Anil Kakodkar, who has recently relinquished charge as Chairman Atomic Energy Commission claimed on Sunday that India had credible thermo-nuclear bombs in its arsenal.“I think that is guaranteed. The Army should be fully confident and defend the country. There is no issue about the arsenal at their command,” Kakodkar said in an interview with Karan Thapar on CNN-IBN Devils Advocate programme.

When Kakodkar was asked about low yield of 1998 thermo-nuclear tests as pointed by four leading Indian scientists and international experts, Kakodkar claimed the yield of thermo-nuclear tests was verified, not by one method but several redundant methods based on different principles, done by different groups.

Review was made and “I had described the tests in 1998 as perfect and I stand by that,” he said.

Indian scientists Dr Santhanam, Dr Iyengar, Dr Sethna and Dr Prasad·have raised serious doubts about India’s thermo-nuclear tests of 1998 while Dr Santhanam said “we have hard evidence on a purely factual basis that not only was the yield of the thermo-nuclear device far below the design prediction, but that it actually failed”.

Dr. Santhanam had also said that the Defence Research and Development Organisation’s (DRDO) seismic instruments measured the yield as something between 20-25 kilotonnes which is hugely different from the claim put out by the Atomic Energy Commission that it was 45 kilotonnes.

Kakodkar said the instruments used by DRDO to measure the yield of the tests at that time did not work. “I myself had reviewed this immediately after the test and we concluded that these instruments did not work.”

“Well, let me first of all say that that DAE and DRDO - we both work together as a team. DRDO did deploy some instruments for measurements but the fact is that the seismic instruments did not work. I myself had reviewed all the results immediately after the tests and we concluded that the instruments did not work,” he said.

However, Dr Santhanam had said the Bhabha Atomic Energy Center accepted the DRDO’s instruments.

When asked in an article that Dr Santhanam had written recently on November 15, 2009 for the Tribune, he says: The Department of Atomic Energy - the department to which you were ex-officio secretary - is in fact hiding facts from successive Indian governments, from Parliament and from Indian people, Kakodkar said “well, as I said earlier, we are perhaps unique in giving out the maximum information and that too very promptly - immediately after the tests.”

When asked after raising doubts by senior Indian scientists is there any need to form a peer group to review the data of the tests, he said there was no need for a peer group review yet again.

Where exactly did he say that ?

What is the average weight/impact/w.e of an Indian nuclear bomb?

oh i thought they just had 5 failed nuclear tests

Lets say Pakistan and India has a fight ..more precisely a nuclear fight......so imagine guys i took a case of 1 kiloton and 10 kiloton...and than at the end you can imagine what can 200 kiloton do .....if used.....

one kiloton explosion : -

effected explosion area is 1/3rd of mile + Fallout effect extended to 1 square mile

For 10 kiloton explosion

explosion area 2/3rd of a mile + Fallout effect about 10 square miles

an assumption that both neigbours uses their entire nuclear arsenal against each other

Let us assume india and pakistan has 200 kiloton ready material

Target cities in Pakistan

Karachi , Sargodha , Lahore, Bahawalpur , Faisalabad , Sialkot , Rawalpindi , Sukkur , Multan, Larkana , Hyderabad , Shekhupura , Gujranwala , Jhang , Peshawar , Mardan , Quetta, Rahim Yar Khan Islamabad, Gujrat..........constitutes 36366181 people comes to .....................................
36 million people

it comes to roughly about 1622 persons per square miles take both the explosion and fallout effect...95% people will succumb......1540 people will be evaporated......in pakistan.....

thats deadly

now compare the indian cities...

it comes to about 42 major indian cities.......

so roughly the population comes to 105373521 with a square mile area of 274468.....so roughly it comes out to be 383 person per square mile.

take both the explosion and fallout effect...95% people will succumb ....363 people are evaporated .....thats rougly 1/5th of pakistani casualities.......

so vis s vis comparing both pakistan and india with a 200 kiloton warhead........for every 5 pakistani 1 indian will evaporate.....

it means...taking on pro-rata basis if india has a population currently to be 1,147,995,904 it means if we divide it by 5...the population of pakistan mathematically should be currently 229599181........but presently as per July 2008 census it is 172,800,048 which is a shortfall of 56799133 people.....

so in the worst case scenario..that is second strike capabilites of both the countries......india can evaporate pakistan 5 times before every indian evaporates ........mathematically it comes out India will win the Nuclear war .........................

solution for pakistan to win the nuclear war...to build atleat 5 times the nuclear warhead that india has at any given point of time ..........which i believe pakistan is doing right now or on this track....logically........however....we are not comparing any damages that has already occured pre-emptively because of the use of conventional weapons...before this scenario of nuclear war is taking place in both the countries........

For india the solution is to damage as much as possible through conventional weapons before nuclear war is started....that is logically what india is doing right now.... both countries are on the right track.....

have your say......

DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL THE SPECIFICS OF THE NUKE BOMB WOULD BE PUT ON THE NET SO THAT THE ENEMY KNOWS ABOUT IT .WHAT IS THE Average weight/impact/w.e of A PAKISTANI NUKE BOMB?ANYWAY

Indian Cities are more densely populated than Pakistan's. We have Karachi and Lahore that are somewhat compareable to population density of Indian Cities. If we have 2 such cities and India has 10+ of them, how come more people in Pakistan would die when India has more of them? Your calculations are not realistic.

This is the second time you have put this evaporation calculation in the PDF. What do you feel happy to count dead bodies? On serious notes, are you into drugs?

Indian Cities are more densely populated than Pakistan's. We have Karachi and Lahore that are somewhat compareable to population density of Indian Cities. If we have 2 such cities and India has 10+ of them, how come more people in Pakistan would die when India has more of them? Your calculations are not realistic.

This is the second time you have put this evaporation calculation in the PDF. What do you feel happy to count dead bodies? On serious notes, are you into drugs?

i dont reply to people who have done diploma in history..or english..dont reply to my post like that.....go thru the calculations in my post again.....and dont just give a fly to moon...it seems to me you booze a lot...:)

Last edited:
i dont reply to people who have done diploma in history..or english..dont reply to my post like that.....go thru the calculations in my post again.....and dont just give a fly to moon...it seems to me you booze a lot...:)

Hmm, you have asserted yourself yet again. I'm sorry I had expected some sense out of you.

This kind of talk of India and Pakistan engaging each other in a nuclear war is totally pointless since neither country wants a nuclear war. In fact, no country wants a nuclear war. India needs the H-bombs as part of its credible deterrence primarily against China. Land/submarine based ICBMs carrying TN warheads with MIRVs, coupled with an effective ABM system will make India safe from possible Chinese aggression.

Pakistan is not a threat to India. China is, since asymmetry in conventional terms exists vis-a-vis China.

news is nothing more than a use for physiological warfare. if the former has 200 kilo ton so the later could also possess 200 kilo ton..make no mistake both sides are ready and progressing in nuclear field both have their strategic plans and incase plans. Post credible source..plus let us know if its plutonium one or not..

DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL THE SPECIFICS OF THE NUKE BOMB WOULD BE PUT ON THE NET SO THAT THE ENEMY KNOWS ABOUT IT .WHAT IS THE Average weight/impact/w.e of A PAKISTANI NUKE BOMB?ANYWAY

If they can blab around about a 200kt why not talk about the smaller ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom