What's new

India: Meet the 'Internet Hindus'

Status
Not open for further replies.
People living in closed world generally don't have other means of entertainment other than watching naked girls on internet.. ;)

Question - Is watching naked girls allowed for you? Go check with Maulvis else you will lose your chances of entertainment post life..

Looks like i pissed alot of internet hindus today- job very well done-
I deserve a break after this achievement-
Taken-

la lala lala-

I am young, educated (MBA), middle class,Hindu, BJP supporter, Nationalist, hate Pakistan (due to their involvement in Kashmir and terrorism) , opposed to Pseudo Secularism and Muslim Appeasement, believing in Meritocracy over Reservation, believing that Narendra Modi as PM will be the best thing to happen for India after the scam filled and terrorism ridden Congress rule. I am proud to be an Internet Hindu

I am young, educated (MBA), middle class,Hindu, BJP supporter, Nationalist, hate Pakistan (due to their involvement in Kashmir and terrorism) , opposed to Pseudo Secularism and Muslim Appeasement, believing in Meritocracy over Reservation, believing that Narendra Modi as PM will be the best thing to happen for India after the scam filled and terrorism ridden Congress rule. I am proud to be an Internet Hindu

Thus starts the downward spiral of Indian society.
like they said during ww2

First they came for the Muslims and I said nothing
Then they came for the lower casts and I said nothing
Then they came for the academics and I said nothing
Finally the came for me and I could say nothing.

Indians wold be wise to heed this advice.

This is was an example of an Indian before she got a computer. She is probably a troll now on the side of Americans on pdf
r u this blind sir.....????? now that u know what she told was spot on, u have nothing else to say but alleging her to be a troll.
and two "more matured" ppl even thanked this. ask urself now, wats right.

They also tend to be extremely racist and hold borderline genocidal views.
If you read their comments its all about destroying Pakistan or using racial slurs against Chinese people.

This topic hits us close to home here on PDF because we have dealt with so many of them on this forum. In fact they have infested this very thread.

I've seen racist and appalling comments on every news website - Sky, Youtube, etc. My point is that OP's article and the one after that are trying to single out a certain set of opinions (anti Congress mostly) and pass them off as fanatics.

Don't you think that's just a teeny bit odd?

And don't pull that victim mentality crap on me. A glance through this very thread will be enough to see the anti-Hindu hate.

and what you think we Pakistanis are watching you indians do here?-
Think !!!!-
Harder!!!

pwned!!!!

la lala lala-

O thought you were taking a break. By the I'm still waiting for your reply to my post. :D

Yupp, you are exactly the case which Congress wants to project as the phenomenon they invented in 2010.. As the elections get nearer, you will see more such acts of brilliance from them.. Scare mongering but one thing they could have probably never realized that this has potential to scare neighbors as well..

ahah good one :tup:

It wasn't actually funny.

I like arguing with this JonAsad guy, he's quite fun. But the post you've quoted is not funny to be honest.

His reply to that animal sex with cow sex one was funny though. I give credit where its due :coffee:

Yupp, you are exactly the case which Congress wants to classify as the phenomenon they invented in 2010.. As the elections get nearer, you will see more such acts of brilliance from them.. Scare mongering but they probably never realized that this can scare the neighbors as well..
in india we have got the congress party and the media to spread lies n phobia. to our west , even ppl resort to such tactics. the only diffrence is the former has to keep the chair, n the latter from falling beneath it.

Trigger happy people complaining about Kafir Internet Hindus.. Not a good sign..

These are just congress propoganda labelling patriots who oppose their corrupt government as worthless trolls

India: Meet the 'Internet Hindus'​

By Jason Overdorf

June 19‚ 2012 at 9:32 AM

New Delhi: “Internet Hindus are like swarms of bees,” Indian television anchor Sagarika Ghose tweeted in 2010. “They come swarming after you."

The "Internet Hindus" Ghose refers to — actually, she coined the term — are right-wing bloggers and tweeters who seem to follow her every move, pouncing on any mention of hot-button issues like Muslims or Pakistan.

Liberal journalists and netizens sympathized with Ghose's exasperation. But for right-wingers, it was like throwing gasoline on the fire. Since Ghose's tweet, Hindu nationalists and other conservatives opposed to the Congress Party of Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have, if anything, multiplied and grown more organized — embracing Ghose's derogatory term and making it their own.

Today there are perhaps as many as 20,000 so-called “Internet Hindus,” many tweeting as often as 300 times a day, according to a rough estimate by one of the community's most active members.

“You will find thousands with similar sounding IDs [to mine],” a Twitter user who goes by the handle @internet_hindus said in an anonymous chat interview. “Some [others] prefer to openly do it with their own personal IDs."

Freedom of speech

Internet Hindus, largely because of their numbers and influence, find themselves smack in the middle of India's censorship debate. There are signs the country's growing problem with controversial online content has already eroded legislators' commitment to free speech.

In April 2011, India added new rules to the 2000 Information Technology Act that required websites to remove content authorities deemed objectionable within 36 hours of being told do so. The amendment specifically targeted allegedly

“[Congress party] supporters tend to shout 'Troll' early and leave,” said Samit, a 37-year-old marketing consultant based in Mumbai. “The reason, in my opinion, is simple. Nationalists tend to have stronger views and are more assured about

“I want the Hindu dignity of India to be restored,” said another 23-year-old Internet Hindu who has yet to join any political organization, in a representative comment. “We've had a glorious past but the Muslim invaders, the Mughals and the Brits destroyed our sense of pride. After independence, the [Congress] continued with that policy. It continued with laws and acts drafted by the British and never bothered to frame new laws which incorporated the spirit of Bharat [India]. It continued with blatant Muslims appeasement while Hindus were reduced to second-grade citizens in their own land.”

At various points in history, Hindutva and the RSS — sort of like Boy Scouts of America crossed with the Ku Klux Klan — have proven problematic. One of RSS's chief ideologues, Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, expressed open admiration for Adolf Hitler's ideas of racial (or in this case, ethnic) purity in “We or Our Nation Defined,” one of the founding texts of Hindutva, in 1938.

“Kar sevaks” or “volunteers” inspired by the ideology tore down the 16th Century Babri Mosque in 1992, sparking nationwide Hindu-Muslim riots. Members of the Bajrang Dal — an organization affiliated with the RSS and known for beating up couples on Valentine's Day — burned to death an Australian Christian missionary and his two sons in 1999. And breakaway Hindutva extremists have been accused of perpetrating terrorist attacks on Indian mosques and Muslim shrines in 2007 and 2008.

That said, however, few, if any, of today's Internet Hindus profess support for such extreme manifestations of the dogma.

“[Muslims] are equal citizens of this country. This country belongs as much to them as much to me and everyone else. As long as they don't indulge in terrorism and/or forced conversions, I have nothing against them,” said Suresh Nakhua, a BJP member who attends RSS functions.

According to an informal online survey, the Internet Hindus are mostly young, educated professionals — as one might expect in a medium that requires a computer and a strong command of English. More than half of them are under 30 years old, 80 percent have undergraduate or graduate degrees, and two-thirds of them earn more than $10,000 a year — putting them on the high end of India's middle class.

Moreover, in branding them as fanatics and trolls, more liberal or “secular” Indians risk missing just how mainstream their anger has become.

“Why is it if there's such vocal Hindutva anger among the middle class, English-speaking classes, why don't we get to know it?” said Shivam Vij, a blogger with a left-wing political commentary site called Kafila.org. “In our English mainstream media, the right wing has very little voice.”

India: Meet the 'Internet Hindus' | GlobalPost

An observation:

When a post is deemed offensive against India, it gets replied/quoted directly by hordes of Indian posters with almost same type of response. Apparently one poster or two replying is deemed 'not enough.'

A trend not observed among other nationalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom