What's new

India media, Teja(Indian) fighter better then JF-17 (Pak)

I would say they both are extremely important.

India and Pakistan spend huge on Defence. This may provide ample fodder to fans here on a defence forum to indulge in a d!ck measuring contest but in reality neither country is in a position to spend big bucks on foreign acquisitions which hardly create any meaningful jobs at home or bring valuable tech leading to developmental gains from MIC unlike in West.

JF-17 and LCA are both a step towards not only indigenous production but a major leap in National Confidence, Job Creation and other ancillary benefits which Defence Industries bring. Ideally both countries should cut back on defence spending, agree to mutually beneficial peace till they both lift themselves up from criminal poverty but hey who are we kidding! In a realistic world the best we can hope for is that spending is minimised and indigenous productions is step in that direction.

JF-17 is a big achievement for Pakistanis, they have a fractional budget when compared to Indians and yet they have managed to develop a credible modern fighter in a much shorter time, albeit with China's help. Indian's might cry foul but Indians didn't develop LCA in isolation - even they have received foreign support and input. The difference is they have paid for it. The development Roadmap of JF-17 and upcoming increase in production capacity gives Pakistan ample space to counter India it's primary threat. I applaud Pakistanis for playing it smart and effectively negating India's edge at a fraction of money India spends. While Pakistan may find if difficult to carry out offensive attacks deep within Indian space, it is relatively secure in it's defence.

LCA though late is still a crowning achievement for India, it puts India in august group of countries having wherewithal to successfully design and induct an aircraft. India's defence requirement suggest a need for numbers as they likely face a two front theatre and handfuls of Rafales are insufficient to the task. What was sorely needed is a low cost modern alternative which Indians can churn out by hundreds and LCA gives them that option. Now if only India can get it's act together and push towards setting up an efficient eco-system of vendors and assemblers. I know given the success of Indian Auto Industries that capacity exists just the right incentive is missing. Make in India with entry of private players may just be a watershed moment.

I would say they both are extremely important.

India and Pakistan spend huge on Defence. This may provide ample fodder to fans here on a defence forum to indulge in a d!ck measuring contest but in reality neither country is in a position to spend big bucks on foreign acquisitions which hardly create any meaningful jobs at home or bring valuable tech leading to developmental gains from MIC unlike in West.

JF-17 and LCA are both a step towards not only indigenous production but a major leap in National Confidence, Job Creation and other ancillary benefits which Defence Industries bring. Ideally both countries should cut back on defence spending, agree to mutually beneficial peace till they both lift themselves up from criminal poverty but hey who are we kidding! In a realistic world the best we can hope for is that spending is minimised and indigenous productions is step in that direction.

JF-17 is a big achievement for Pakistanis, they have a fractional budget when compared to Indians and yet they have managed to develop a credible modern fighter in a much shorter time, albeit with China's help. Indian's might cry foul but Indians didn't develop LCA in isolation - even they have received foreign support and input. The difference is they have paid for it. The development Roadmap of JF-17 and upcoming increase in production capacity gives Pakistan ample space to counter India it's primary threat. I applaud Pakistanis for playing it smart and effectively negating India's edge at a fraction of money India spends. While Pakistan may find if difficult to carry out offensive attacks deep within Indian space, it is relatively secure in it's defence.

LCA though late is still a crowning achievement for India, it puts India in august group of countries having wherewithal to successfully design and induct an aircraft. India's defence requirement suggest a need for numbers as they likely face a two front theatre and handfuls of Rafales are insufficient to the task. What was sorely needed is a low cost modern alternative which Indians can churn out by hundreds and LCA gives them that option. Now if only India can get it's act together and push towards setting up an efficient eco-system of vendors and assemblers. I know given the success of Indian Auto Industries that capacity exists just the right incentive is missing. Make in India with entry of private players may just be a watershed moment.
like you already pointed out the d1ck measuring and sh1t talking by members. it is an achievement in its own right that both managed to design and fly their own jets customized to the specific needs f their airforces in their first attempts.. there might have been delays or technological hurdles but its the confidence and pride that both India and Pakistan have sent out their jets on foreign airshows..

like you already pointed out the d1ck measuring and sh1t talking by members. it is an achievement in its own right that both managed to design and fly their own jets customized to the specific needs f their airforces in their first attempts.. there might have been delays or technological hurdles but its the confidence and pride that both India and Pakistan have sent out their jets on foreign airshows..

I blame the British for most of the problems. Not just geographical issues like Kashmir but they through their reign on erstwhile India have managed to tamper with the psyche of people of subcontinent.

On topic - short of a real war it will be impossible to compare both of them as it is unlikely both will ever be part of a same exercise. Given a choice I would prefer a battle tested and reliable weapon rather than a fancy one on paper.

I blame the British for most of the problems. Not just geographical issues like Kashmir but they through their reign on erstwhile India have managed to tamper with the psyche of people of subcontinent.

On topic - short of a real war it will be impossible to compare both of them as it is unlikely both will ever be part of a same exercise. Given a choice I would prefer a battle tested and reliable weapon rather than a fancy one on paper.
Brits are the masters of mischief look at any of their former colonies.. the way they draw the border lines and leave parasites of dissent among the locals . ensures that the place will remain in turmoil for the rest of time. sub continent is no exception. but that was long time ago and countries have the chance to move on.

on topic. I cant speak for LCA as it has a large pool of fans from billion people country. what I can say about JF-17 is that it has surpassed our expectations and is not just replacing our lower tier jets that are retired or soon to be retired but also a credible force multiplier for our front-line f-16s. it is doing most of the leg work of general purpose ground strikes in WOT and leaving F-16s to perform only very complex and precise strikes in day or (preferably night settings).those that live near the air bases can see regular if not round the clock air sorties of JF-17s laden with bombs on their way to North waziristan so it more than a fancy on paper.

Pak produces both... And sells them too.. Unlike bragging and moaning for decades and ending up with nothing but a hyper galactic flying (pan) saucer that's still under development lol.
painting a pakistan flag on a Soviet era Chinese jets is not the same as manufacturing it .

Teja and F17 both are best as both represent technical break through for India and Pakistan .India some how lost its way with Teja (but it doesnt mean its a bad plane) .PAF reliance on F17 some times makes me worried not because it is bad i think both planes are late specially Tejas are 5 years late in induction had they being inducted in 2000 it would have been a great game changer .MY view is real winner will be that country who will carry this learning and work on new generation as generational planes are around 20 to 30 years with outliers so till 2040s question will be ,Will Teja and Thunder be relevant .My reply not so its evolutionary cycle will be smaller than other fighters of 1980`s so it is important to learn lessons ,aborb tech and start working on next gen or may be next .

O come on how can you compare both.. Jf-17 is a 4th generation fighter whereas Teja is 6th generation intergalactic fighter equipped with artificial intelligence and quantum weapons.. not fair :P

Last edited:
Wait just forget everything for a min and focus on their reporting wtf? is this a news channel or what? Tejas uraan bharega Pakistan aahein bharega wth? our media is really pathetic:hitwall: but damn indian media is just on a whole other level:o: i am actually feeling bad for you ppl:blink: @Nilgiri

Wait just forget everything for a min and focus on their reporting wtf? is this a news channel or what? Tejas uraan bharega Pakistan aahein bharega wth? our media is really pathetic:hitwall: but damn indian media is just on a whole other level:o: i am actually feeling bad for you ppl:blink: @Nilgiri

There is a wide spectrum of quality. Its not safe to generalise given size of India.

Have you looked at some of the Media in US lol?

painting a pakistan flag on a Soviet era Chinese jets is not the same as manufacturing it .

LOL..yap agree we are the worst..if that helps your butthurt..:whistle: ( on a lighter note its better then painting a french jet by the way)even that painting took 35+ years lol.. :woot:;)

Have you looked at some of the Media in US lol?
Oh i don't think we should be even talking about them :lol: but srsly this Zee news is really pathetic man i have seen their reporting on China's WW2 victory parade and many other reports too and well i don't know what to say.... :lol: himmat hai un logon ki jo is channel ko dekhtein honge
see this....

Oh i don't think we should be even talking about them :lol: but srsly this Zee news is really pathetic man i have seen their reporting on China's WW2 victory parade and many other reports too and well i don't know what to say.... :lol: himmat hai un logon ki jo is channel ko dekhtein honge
see this....

I dont watch zeenews bud lol. A few select programs that promote debate and economy related matters is all I really follow...and even then it can be somewhat variable on some days.

Anything related to defence is absolute crap 99% of the time on 99% of the channels out there.

Role of both JF-17 & Tejas in their respective Air Force is different

Both fighters will meet each other as both will be built in large quantity if i am not wrong 250+ JF-17s and 300+ Tejas will be built and both will be backbone of respective Air Force.

Evolution of JF-17 will be like F-16s whereas Tejas will be like F-18s i.e., Tejas Mk.2 is totally different platform from Mk.1. whereas JF-17s block level upgrades will not change the fighter.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom