What's new

India Maoists call for strike over Koteshwar Rao killing

So if some Maoists gets arrested from my city (it has happened), according to you will my city falls under 'Having a Presence' category.

No, that does not mean there is a "presence" there. A "presence" in a region means that the specific region has been affected by it, has a network &/or support system there, & there are some kinds of violence/violent acts, or anything along with those lines. Just like Karnataka had a Maoist presence in 2009 as well, but then diminished the next year.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Once again wrong. Out of those 60, not all are Maoist affected.

Now coming to the Maoist violence.

So the 200 or 1/3rd figure is bogus.

This is what the Indian government claims, the actual ground realities might not correspond to that. Or it might come up with different standards when compiling its results. It might be a conservative estimate.

No, that does not mean there is a "presence" there. A "presence" in a region means that the specific region has been affected by it, has a network &/or support system there, & there are some kinds of violence/violent acts, or anything along with those lines. Just like Karnataka had a Maoist presence in 2009 as well, but then diminished the next year.

first u tell from where did u get the figure of 60 states........

Its high time they used the army to wipe these people of the face of india
Do you really feel they are up to the range of Army???lol i dont think they can even withstand local police at a full out attack...government did give them a chance to surrender they didn and now they are reaping the effects...

I'm not saying it's doom day for India, but it's not as light as most Indians make it out to be.
had it been not light but heavy do you really think we will be sitting home and sending local police to hunt them down having got one of the most deadliest army at the backyard???be logical dude..its kinda armed gangsters nothing more than that..its a menace which is being strictly dealt with...

This is what the Indian government claims, the actual ground realities might not correspond to that. Or it might come up with different standards when compiling its results. It might be a conservative estimate.

This is not Indian Goverment claim! This is from the budgetary allocation.

You think that they would play down such serious issue, just to look good?

strike by maoists!....funny...i wonder how would they strike along with their ak-47s and kattas....

This is not Indian Goverment claims! This is from the budgetary allocation.

You think that they would play down such serious issue, just to look good?

I was talking about the government's (Mr Jairam Ramesh's) claim that 60 districts were Maoist affected. So what I gather is that the IAP devised a plan to help 35 Maoist affected areas, & 25 non-affected areas. That does not show that they are providing financial assistance to all the Maoist affected areas & non-affected areas in the country, or how many total number of Maoist affected areas there are in the country.

The same is the case with the SRE, it doesn't talk about all the Maoist affected districts in the country, it has selected 83 districts in nine states it is associated with.

Even Al-Jazeera is stating that 200 districts figure:

More than 200 of India's 640 districts are under Maoist control.

Inside India's 'red corridor' - Al Jazeera Correspondent - Al Jazeera English

So what I gather is that the IAP devised a plan to help 35 Maoist affected areas, & 25 non-affected areas. That does not show that they are providing financial assistance to all the Maoist affected areas & non-affected areas in the country, or how many total number of Maoist affected areas there are in the country.

The same is the case with the SRE, it doesn't talk about all the Maoist affected districts in the country, it has selected 83 districts in nine states it is associated with.

Even Al-Jazeera is stating that 200 districts figure:

Inside India's 'red corridor' - Al Jazeera Correspondent - Al Jazeera English

and u think the channel which used to play tapes of OBL is the most trusted source for a news on india????? now i know how good research u have done on the topic.......

can any kind fellow tell me if i have to start a new thread what should i do ????????

Where are the maoists in kerala?! Wow....

Truly "incredible" claims being made by bilal 'propaganda' haider. Fail research....lol.

When did I say there Kerala is affected by Maoists/Maoism?

can any kind fellow tell me if i have to start a new thread what should i do ????????

go to forum in which u want to start a thread and there should be a button on the top

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

When did I say there Kerala is affected by Maoists/Maoism?

ur sources are highly unreliable, post the news from neutral or indian sources because they are more unbiased......

Back
Top Bottom