Not open for further replies.

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Many Chinese still see India as their main enemy: Report

PTI 27 September 2009, 05:31pm IST

LONDON: Nearly 47 years after the two countries fought a war, many Chinese still perceive India as their main enemy, a British newspaper has claimed.

In an article ahead of the 60th anniversary of the People's Republic, 'The Sunday Times' said: "Not everyone in Beijing speaks in the silky language of the foreign ministry. Curiously, the enemy most often spoken of is India."

Interestingly, the censors in China permit alarmingly frank discussion on the Internet of the merits of another war against India to secure the Tibetan plateau, the report said.

However, a retired Chinese officer has claimed that those serving in the People's Liberation Army have no "devotion" to their country.

"Compared with our last war against India in 1962, our equipment is much better but the devotion to country and people of our officers and men is much worse," the paper quoted an unnamed officer as saying.

Even, veterans who know the PLA from the inside say that despite all its shiny new kit, such grandiose ideas mask the reality of a force "that has no recent battle experience and is riddled with corruption".

They describe a system of bribes ranging from 10,000 yuan (909 pounds) to get a good post for a private soldier to 30,000 yuan for a place at military college, the report said.

"If corruption in the army continues, ideology will decay and open the way for religion, while the promotion system risks causing a mutiny," the newspaper quoted General Zhang Shutian, a political commissar, as having said recently.

Many Chinese still see India as their main enemy: Report - India - NEWS - The Times of India

durning my reading, i was trying all my best to find out why indians are seen as enemy, and how many, or what percentage, chinese bear such a feeling. but i found nothing except for some corruption news. what a misleading title!

durning my reading, i was trying all my best to find out why indians are seen as enemy, and how many, or what percentage, chinese bear such a feeling. but i found nothing except for some corruption news. what a misleading title!

:) to best of my understanding the The Sunday Times tried to undermine the Chinese Army in this write up and for that it did need to put the blam on Chinese for considering India as enemy.

Another propaganda piece against China

Many Chinese still see India as their main enemy: Report

PTI 27 September 2009, 05:31pm IST

LONDON: Nearly 47 years after the two countries fought a war, many Chinese still perceive India as their main enemy, a British newspaper has claimed.

In an article ahead of the 60th anniversary of the People's Republic, 'The Sunday Times' said: "Not everyone in Beijing speaks in the silky language of the foreign ministry. Curiously, the enemy most often spoken of is India."

Interestingly, the censors in China permit alarmingly frank discussion on the Internet of the merits of another war against India to secure the Tibetan plateau, the report said.

However, a retired Chinese officer has claimed that those serving in the People's Liberation Army have no "devotion" to their country.

"Compared with our last war against India in 1962, our equipment is much better but the devotion to country and people of our officers and men is much worse," the paper quoted an unnamed officer as saying.

Even, veterans who know the PLA from the inside say that despite all its shiny new kit, such grandiose ideas mask the reality of a force "that has no recent battle experience and is riddled with corruption".

They describe a system of bribes ranging from 10,000 yuan (909 pounds) to get a good post for a private soldier to 30,000 yuan for a place at military college, the report said.

"If corruption in the army continues, ideology will decay and open the way for religion, while the promotion system risks causing a mutiny," the newspaper quoted General Zhang Shutian, a political commissar, as having said recently.

Many Chinese still see India as their main enemy: Report - India - NEWS - The Times of India

This is indeed a eye opener mam. No not the part of india being enemy but the part PLA military more corrupt. About 1962 war PLA better then i would say india even more better equivpd then 1962. Infact india hardly faught with any weapons in 1962. No weapons, no food and fighting 1 against 8 was no match for our army. Now things changed. Am not shocked chinese people see india as enemy. Even in formula 1 race our indian won in china then all chinese crowd left without watching our indian in podium and national anthem. Before that i thought chinese people dont see india as enemy. Anyway its good they see us as enemy. That will add more enemies in their list. Even china's bestfriend australia sended its minister in india and he said sorry for voting china against india in AP loan. He said AP india's part and they will support india in future rather then china. So it seems china adding up enemy list. India 1.1 billion, america 300 million, uk, france, japan, south korea, taiwan and soon australia. The list goes on. India is china's main enemy and then its america and taiwan, japan etc etc. Good to see that.

This is indeed a eye opener mam. No not the part of india being enemy but the part PLA military more corrupt. About 1962 war PLA better then i would say india even more better equivpd then 1962. Infact india hardly faught with any weapons in 1962. No weapons, no food and fighting 1 against 8 was no match for our army. Now things changed. Am not shocked chinese people see india as enemy. Even in formula 1 race our indian won in china then all chinese crowd left without watching our indian in podium and national anthem. Before that i thought chinese people dont see india as enemy. Anyway its good they see us as enemy. That will add more enemies in their list. Even china's bestfriend australia sended its minister in india and he said sorry for voting china against india in AP loan. He said AP india's part and they will support india in future rather then china. So it seems china adding up enemy list. India 1.1 billion, america 300 million, uk, france, japan, south korea, taiwan and soon australia. The list goes on. India is china's main enemy and then its america and taiwan, japan etc etc. Good to see that.

:) i already said the write up has no logical argument to defend the claims.

Cooruption is in every army as kickbacks are a huge thing.

on the other hand statments of officials from different countries varies from agenda to agenda.

It does not matter what the Australian minister said in India, What matters is they voted against India over the loan issue.

And thats what matters more

:) i already said the write up has no logical argument to defend the claims.

Cooruption is in every army as kickbacks are a huge thing.

on the other hand statments of officials from different countries varies from agenda to agenda.

It does not matter what the Australian minister said in India, What matters is they voted against India over the loan issue.

And thats what matters more

Mam he said sorry for voting china against india. He promised it wont happen ever again. In short he want forgiveness from india for past mischif by australia hehe. Thats what matters and not past.

how brave you are!
you indians report this and then take a lot of others to back up.
we will not have war with many country on your list,and you just -----------------
when we talk about power ,you just like a crying baby,if you dont have a will why you cook this up?

how brave you are!
we will not have war with many country on your list,and you just -----------------
when we talk about power ,you just like a crying baby,if you dont have a will why you cook this up?

There are few posters who post from mostly TOI to find reason to bash India I doubt if they are from India.

Sir i like the part in which it says help the maoist take power in india hehe. Just wondering china aint helping maoist? Oh ok. Who gonna believe that hehe.
you should be happy we dont help them .why?
we dont trouble troubles,and we dont think they r doing the right thing to your country
Mao is past in China ,we dont think he did right in developing a country.
and i think you indians should treat farmers well,maybe Maoists would become history.
but if you can not control them when nobody help them ,prove what?

There are few posters who post from mostly TOI to find reason to bash India I doubt if they are from India.
maybe you r right,but who knows?God?
i do think india is a threat for China,you should be happy,why?if no one think you r theat ,you r weak
why you guys consider China a theat?when you r powerful even you dont hurt or willing to hurt others,they still ----------------
india will be a more great country,if there was no the war or the land problem i would be happy to see India :cheers:
but we can not choose the history ,right?
fate

how brave you are!

come on buddy, as the saying goes:don't fight a pig or you both will get muddy, and that is exactly what a pig wants.

accoding to what he had posted, he seeked every opportunities to deteriorate the china-india or pakistan-india relationship.

come on buddy, as the saying goes:don't fight a pig or you both will get muddy, and that is exactly what a pig wants.

accoding to what he had posted, he seeked every opportunities to deteriorate the china-india or pakistan-india relationship.
china-india relationship is important but -----------i dont mind it
indians needed an enemy,so they find China,it's ok,if we can not face up to india,China is a joke

china-india relationship is important but -----------i dont mind it
indians needed an enemy,so they find China,it's ok,if we can not face up to india,China is a joke

heheheheh actualy the Hafiz saeed issue has become so much old that India is out of stock for more propaganda so China is the best option to create war hysteria in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom