What's new

India looking to develop Anti-Satellite

I love you point out your believing, as I love to hear differences. Would your please provide a link?

Ofcourse!

Times World's Top 100 Technological Univerties

Recent economic boom hasn’t benefited many Indians with low incoming. It is demonstrated by some studies.

What studies? Source? You are telling me that if any country grows at 9% constantly for 8 fiscals, the growth doesnt benifit low income earning group?

"To put it differently: Initially, at lower rates of economic growth, income distribution is skewed toward higher income levels, and inequality is high, but as the rate of economic growth accelerates, skewness gets reduced and income inequality is lower. -Jeffery Sachs, Economic Advisor to UN Sectretary General. "

You should brush up your economics.

BTW, from 1947 to 2008, Zimbabwe also develops.

Again,an amazingly skewed logic. From 1947 to 2008 all countries developed. But none to the extent of what India achieved. If you can cite me a country in the world that in the last 60 years, went from a mere "third world commonwealth country" to being a member of the G-20, from an insuffcient economy to being the second fastest economy in the world.

And yet you are so inclined to bring in Zimbabwe. Take a look:

Time Magazine: 60 years on India charges ahead

Its always better to have an Independent Foreign Policy.

If we switch India's Place .... consider Pak and india , It does makes sense that If you have more concernd like poverty , education and shelter to focus on , its idiotic to spend billions on Arms ... Blindly.

So Yes, Its NOT justified to copy or simply spend Billions just to Match China , because In India too , the people want food NOT Bullets.

But, Considering the nation First... and . The fact that :

#1. India is the largest Democracy and the biggest victim of terrorism , The Militerization is a Necessasity rather just a competition.

#2. We Spend 4% of our GDP on Arms Much less than China and even Pak.

#3. China has been very actively developing Infra close to Indian Borders , Just as one member remarked , if US can be feared of WMD which DO NOT EXIST , then why wonnt India be scared of Neighbour - Who Very Consistantly Gets War Inra in Place close to Borders , Tests Ant-Satellite Tech , Openly Disagrees your Borders +++ .

#4. South Asia , India is the Only Surviving Country that is some what secure than Other nations like Srilanka , Pak and Bangladesh . Can we say that up to some extent Credit goes to our Armed Forces which consistantly maintain peace in the region.

Even i advocate openly that Money Should be spend of Bread rather Bullets ... But In Mordern World , You CAN face a BULLET only by A Bullet ..

You Can only avoid WAR if u are Prepared for It ( a Thought of Ronald Regan ) else 1961 will be Repeated.

To godsavetheworld: Thanks for your link, albeit a littel bit old (2005). Hope the heathy competition can persist.

To answer your request, there are too many. One is INDIA Economic boom should not be on the backs of the poorest of the poor - Asia News

"New Delhi (AsiaNews) – Stripped of their dignity and deprived of their land, the poorest segments of the Indian population are getting nothing out of the country’s booming economy. Sometimes they are even forced to pay for it with their lives...."

The point is AS is a silly choice for India. It could be better off by spending on somewhere else.

Again off topic comments by gpit and taking the whole thread in a different tangent. India has every right to develop whatever it deems as good for its security and prosperity whether it is nuclear weapons to anti-satellites or Chandrayan. Chinese have no business in this.

I remember Nehru also meant “forward policy” was good for India’s security and prosperity. Wake-up buddy, slogan shouting doesn’t help, logic reasoning does.

PS: To other fellows, gpit is of Chinese descent.

BTW, this is the most silly, immature and ridiculous line in this thread, as you demonstrate yourself fully how petulant you are to other fellow readers. :tdown:

If the statements are full of facts, truth and wisdom, why do you care the speaker’s ethnic background and location of abode? Try to cover-up your inability?

But, for those who are interested in ethnic composition of USA, the major ethnic group is of German decedent (about 30%), the #1 enemy of USA in WWII.

so true indeed.but china does consider india a threat.recently a satellite image has revealed the presence of topographical models of the various passes leading into india...in the chinese mainland.
we cant let 1962 repeat itself.though i fully agree with your post...but as they say "it is better to sweat in peace than to bleed in war"
i have faith in the largest democracy...sense shall prevail...we've used space for peaceful purposes and got accolades.our space program is quite transparent.

It is the other way around: It is India who publicly declared that China is its threat #1 (by your former defense chief Mr. Fernandes, India's New Defense Chief Sees Chinese Military Threat - The New York Times

Can you show me when China said India is its thread?

You brain has been thoroughly washed by your media.

Show me your ‘topographical models leading to India”. Why can’t that be interpreted as planning tourism to India?

No one wants to repeat 1962. It is much easier for India to avoid that: get rid of any Nehru-like politicians in your system. Unfortunately, if that is realized, perhaps your system is a vacuum, regardless whether you have faith or not.

BTW, Nehru also had a full faith when he was forwarding his troops towards Chinese territory.

Well we paid for not concentrating on our defence in 1962 war. We believed in indi chini bhai bhai.. and we got what we deserved. Now no matter whom the chinese military research and spending is directed, be it against US or other south asian countries, india have to take its own measures to ensure its own security. And secondly india is doing its bit and have suceeded in bringing down the poverty levels and literacy levels, but more can be done. But national security cannot be compromised, as security is paramount for growth of a country.

For the best of your security, you have to get rid of your incompetent politicians. You paid, are paying and will pay more for electing those inane figures (more than not concentrating on defence in 1962).

For the best of your security, India should make China your friend, not your foe. You paid, are paying and will pay more by making China your enemy.

For the best of your security, you should not spend money on ASAT but on police training, border guarding, community education, poverty relieving, and Kashmir issue settling through front door or back door or side door…. You paid, are paying and will pay more by not doing so.

For the best of your security, you should make all your neighbors your friends, not enemies. You paid, are paying and will pay more by making your neighbors your enemies.

Spending on ASAT won’t help. Not at all.

^You are number one hypocrite. You support China ASAT but not India.

If China is peaceful, why it is building ASAT?

For the best of your security, you have to get rid of your incompetent politicians. You paid, are paying and will pay more for electing those inane figures (more than not concentrating on defence in 1962).

For the best of your security, India should make China your friend, not your foe. You paid, are paying and will pay more by making China your enemy.

For the best of your security, you should not spend money on ASAT but on police training, border guarding, community education, poverty relieving, and Kashmir issue settling through front door or back door or side door…. You paid, are paying and will pay more by not doing so.

For the best of your security, you should make all your neighbors your friends, not enemies. You paid, are paying and will pay more by making your neighbors your enemies.

Though some of your thoghts reflect facts, you do not understand the basic issue.

1. Yes, many indian politicians are inept, incapable. We need to do something to increase their effecieny & will power. But isn't that a problem which almost all the countries face? Should all such countries stop spending on defence? You are trying to relate two completely different issues.

2. What makes you say that India is going down the slumps of poverty? The poverty levels are going down every year, although the rate is slower. And that rate will not improve by cutting defence spendings. It will improve by increasing transparency & efficiency of the governance that we have.

3. In terms of GDP, India spends 2.95% of GDP on defence. Do you mean to say it is excessive?

4. I don't want to go in a debate, if China considers India as enemy or it is otherwise. But China has an active anti-India policy. It is helping Pakistan on this sole basis, anti-India thinking. You say India-China should be friends. Even I do. But ask your government if it is really willing to do it.

5. Look at our neighbourhood. Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, BD. All show up in failed states list. They all are not enemies, but are unstable nevertheless. In such an environment, I would rather spend money on defence & get criticized as an agressor, rather than repenting later.

Spending on ASAT won’t help. Not at all.[/QUOTE]

Dude, dont tell us what we should or should not do. As a country that ensures the safety and prosperity of its people we have the right to do whatever we want with our money.

If you choose to look at things just one way. We donot have time to waste to explain our actions to you. If you dont like the idea of ASAT, ask the chinese to dismantle their ASAT technology and infrastructure. That would be easier and would save us so much pain and money.

And if you think India is not spending much on its people, go to Finance minitry website, and read the 400 page budget. And if you are stilll not satisfied, read athe budget of the last 60 years. And until you dont, dont give us "advices".

And dont fake that you are an American.

GPit, i have argued before on this issue. This is a democracy, we vote. Many policies of these politicians have also yielded great results and dividends.

China also has deep poverty. The very same can be said for China. They could have better spent the money on them rather than the ASAT test.

I would argue the VERY same for China my friend. It would help China a great deal to have one lesser enemy. We dont pay more for having China as an enemy. China has been an enemy for over 4 decades now. We still spend much less on defence as a percentage of our GDP as compared to China. That implies that unlike China, India still has her priorities right.

Again, the money comes out of a dedicated budget, additional money is not spent. Unlike China, India has a transparent budget. You and others know exactly how much and from where the money is spent.

Um-You dont exactly have all your neighbours as your best friends. I could name some of them, but i guess you already know the number of countries neighbouring China that have an axe to grind with her.

Again, we dont know how much China spends on defence, there is no accountability to the public. The CCP can spend as much as they like, and no one can question them. How do you know that that ASAT test didnt cost them a penny that could have been spent better elsewhere?

India OTOH, as i reiterate, has a transparent budget. The MoD as a matter of fact returns unspent money every year back to the Finance Ministry.

I remember Nehru also meant “forward policy” was good for India’s security and prosperity. Wake-up buddy, slogan shouting doesn’t help, logic reasoning does.

Slogan shouting is not by Indians but by chinese. Remember "Peaceful Rising", while you spend close to 90 billions on defence and you expect your enemies not to spend them. Alleviation of poverty and Security should go hand in hand not at the cost of each other, either way it is dangerous. You cannot spend everything on defence which might increase poverty and OTOH you cannot spend everything on poverty, you may not have security to protect those against the invading enimical forces. So, we will do more ASAT tests for our own security, it is none of chinese business.

BTW, this is the most silly, immature and ridiculous line in this thread, as you demonstrate yourself fully how petulant you are to other fellow readers. :tdown:

If the statements are full of facts, truth and wisdom, why do you care the speaker’s ethnic background and location of abode? Try to cover-up your inability?

But, for those who are interested in ethnic composition of USA, the major ethnic group is of German decedent (about 30%), the #1 enemy of USA in WWII.

Well it gives perspective about from where your coming. You are doing your chinese agenda behind those american flags and you cannot fool anyone here. Ethnicity gives a lot of bias towards any argument especially when your home country is one of the party to the argument.

I thought both Chinese and Indian are good at math, I was wrong.

Please google it if you are not sure about it, it's everywhere on the internet

China's 2009 defence bugdet : $70 billion, China's 2008 GDP: $4.3 trillion

Works out to be: 1.628%

I noticed a lot of Indians think China spends more in terms of GDP percentage.

Now, tell me my Indian friends, how do your comments make sense if you can't even get the basic facts right

Though some of your thoghts reflect facts, you do not understand the basic issue.

4. I don't want to go in a debate, if China considers India as enemy or it is otherwise. But China has an active anti-India policy. It is helping Pakistan on this sole basis, anti-India thinking. You say India-China should be friends. Even I do. But ask your government if it is really willing to do it.

I wonder where did you get this "anti-India policy" if you can not read Chinese, from everyday India propaganda?

I watch/read news everyday in both Chinese and English, it's very very rare to find something about India. No offense to Indian people but in fact, no one in China treats India as a threat, nor at the same level that China at today, most people think India is not worth mentioning about (sorry but that's the truth). We do talk a lot about countries like US, japan and some European countries.

Helping Pakistan does not equal to anti-India thinking, China does help Pakistan on wide range of projects, and a large chunk are for civilian use, including road, port, electricity and communication. China-Pakistan friendship are built on mutual trust and respect, not based on anti-India. In fact, Pakistan was one of the first countries to recognize PRC in the 50's, long before Pakistan and India went into conflict. If India ever has such relationship with another country, you will understand what I'm talking about. :cheers:

5. Look at our neighbourhood. Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, BD. All show up in failed states list. They all are not enemies, but are unstable nevertheless. In such an environment, I would rather spend money on defence & get criticized as an agressor, rather than repenting later.

By calling other countries "failed states" does not make India look better. You won't get any respect till you learned how to respect others.

Ironically, Pakistan, Nepal and Myanmar are also neighboring China, I've never heard any Chinese calling them failed states. In fact, China has very good relationship with both of them.

After all, this is a Pakistani forum, I can't imagine how you treat your neighboring countries on Indian forum

I wonder where did you get this "anti-India policy" if you can not read Chinese, from everyday India propaganda?

I watch/read news everyday in both Chinese and English, it's very very rare to find something about India. No offense to Indian people but in fact, no one in China treats India as a threat, nor at the same level that China at today, most people think India is not worth mentioning about (sorry but that's the truth). We do talk a lot about countries like US, japan and some European countries.
Well thats what is freemdom of media is all abt...In CHina...U do what ur govt allow to do...In India we do what our constitution allow us to do......

tx

Let me answer you Indians collectively:

1) One of you (godsavetheworld), at the end of his deplorable wits, desperately uttered a slur “fake American” in his wretchedness. How pitifully low your mental status is! While I am not subscribed to the way that your Indians are called in America “fake black” or “ABCD” (perhaps godsavetheworld does enjoy that), it does reveal how your shallow brain does not even understand the definition of “American”, but your incredible *** in utter unbelievableness.

2) I only presented my comments on how silly Indian ASAT is according to my study and research: it is completely meaningless, targetless and useless, at least for the moment and foreseeable future. If there is any target, it is perhaps the moneybags/bank accounts of your corrupted officials that are targeting at your taxpayers' money. I’m not in a position to, and I do not want to (WTF do I want to!), meddle your sacred affaires. If my mere comments hurt your majestic feelings, my apologies to worthy debaters (of course excluding godsavetheworld and the like). Please kindly let me know next time that you are hurt by my comments, for my apologies do not, and in no way will, warrant any future limit to my right to comment on your projects, regardless how glorious or incredible you deem they are.

3) It is truly amazing to see how feeble some of your reasoning capabilities are. I don’t think this is because the published low IQ you possess, which I don’t quite believe unless you demonstrate so. Rather, I think it is caused by your sensation-making and free-to -lie media, your lack of study and research of history and current situation, your lack of language capability to study East Asia from East Asians’ point of view, in their languages, with their media. Squallmao has rightfully refuted one of your false claims. Your other false assumption perhaps is that a transparent budget will make war less likely. I’m telling you that USA has the most transparent budget, but is also the country that has launched most wars recently.

4) As a result of your deep deficiency of many capabilities/knowledges, you put forth, clownishly but understandably to be so, your belief that China considers India an enemy. Your funny argument to support that mentality is that China fought India a war. My simple example to bust your bubble is the US-Canada case. Because of your lack of history knowledge plus you are brain-purged by your free-to-lie democratic media, many of you failed to know, much less to understand, how Sino-India border conflict is caused and how it is evolved. And a mere reflection of fact that your Nehru is a fool, especially in dealing Sino-India conflict, made one of you shriek, because he never heard that piece of true fact in your free-to-lie media or he simply can’t bear such a fact. What a pity!

5) As a result of (some of you) your blind and fervent hatred against China, you failed to understand that to treat China as your number 1 enemy, be it potential or actual, is your worst nightmare, either in geo-political sense or otherwise. It, nonetheless, serves a delight to you officials interest at your expenses. ASAT is likely to be such an example. In addition, only India publicly called China its enemy, never vise versa. To solve a conflict doesn't have to treat the other party your enemy!

6) Another wits-ended Indian complained that China agenda was brought under American flag. a) Just to open your myopic or otherwise nonsense-congested mind that the US department of state also promotes China agenda under US flag. Further, perhaps much to your horror, it even symbolizes the Sino-US relationship as in a “common boat”. Secretary Clinton: U.S. Strengthens Pacific Partnerships b) Your silly ASAT per topic is itself stupid enough to be China centric. If you fail to recognize the importance of China agenda, whether you like it or not, you’ll be in a much embarrassed situation.

7) One of you screamed and yielded that I crossed thousands miles to talk about India’s ASAT. Are you so mentally challenged as to prohibit you from understanding why not? If so, I recommend your brain be operated by Dr. P V RAMANA,
Degrees : DNB,MNAMS,FMNS(JAPAN),FELLOWSHIP IN NEUROENDOSCOPY
Specialities : Neuro Surgeons ( TRAUMA,BRAIN TUMOURS,SPINAL PROBLEMS )
CARE HOSPITAL,THE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES,
WALTAIR MAIN ROAD
OPP GOVERNORS BUNGLOW, Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) - 530002
Phone : +91-891-09440777888, 09848010734, 2714016, 2714014
Fax : +91-891- 2714015

8) Some of you exposed in public their sick and disgusting behavior: while afraid of being called failed state, they love to label their neighbors failed states. One word for you: please respect your neighbors if you want to be respected by your neighbors.

I hereby rest my case for this thread.

Back
Top Bottom