What's new

India likely to cancel $500 million Spike ATGM deal after they reportedly failed during trials

All thanks to lessons learned from Nag. Continuous rejection by Indian Army due to its failure to differentiate between targets in hot desert conditions of Thar encouraged our engineers to develop highly advance IR seekers which can now differentiate b/w targets with temperature difference of 0.02°C.

Camo that can reduce thermal detection is already available.

DRDO MPATGM has performed better than Spike in initial user trials.

That was really unexpected. I doubt it would have performed better. They would have probably threatened the government with a mass protest and 'vote change' to make the government listen. We all know government unions are infamous for that.

If MPATGM is working well, then we should also look at developing its VSHORAD variants as well. I know, they are two different missiles but one can always kick-start the other. What's the point of buying IGLA-S when in 2-3 years, we can get our own VSHORAD.

I am pretty sure the Israilis won't sell their top-notch stuffs to India for they deem China as one of their next Zions...

That was really unexpected. I doubt it would have performed better. They would have probably threatened the government with a mass protest and 'vote change' to make the government listen. We all know government unions are infamous for that.

If MPATGM is working well, then we should also look at developing its VSHORAD variants as well. I know, they are two different missiles but one can always kick-start the other. What's the point of buying IGLA-S when in 2-3 years, we can get our own VSHORAD.
DRDO opined that the newer Spike deal would be alright provided there's no ToT, which would kill their product.

It was quite expected that the Indian sensor would outperform every competitor in the desert. It seems whoever pushed for the rebirth of Spike has lost the grip. Every success of the DRDO product was followed up by reports of "Spike deal confirmed".

Actually, several OEMs have failed in the border areas in Pakistan and India. Some contracts still get pushed through even they havent been validated up to standard.

Actually, several OEMs have failed in the border areas in Pakistan and India. Some contracts still get pushed through even they havent been validated up to standard.

Its true, sometimes you simply have to develop and optimize such things locally. People seem to assume that each desert is the "same"...when you can have very different refraction coefficients w.r.t mirage etc and what you even intend to do with the platform in first place. This all needs on the ground validation and back-calibration...and presents very optimally (given iterative process) only for a locally developed platform.

I pray and hope "DRDO" is given the task of producing these anti-tank missiles...An early Eid present for Pak Jawans

Hehe, lot of "DODO" stuff is why ISRO performs today quite reliably. You made me chuckle tho my friend (I enjoy your gentle trolling)....Kudos.

All thanks to lessons learned from Nag. Continuous rejection by Indian Army due to its failure to differentiate between targets in hot desert conditions of Thar encouraged our engineers to develop highly advance IR seekers which can now differentiate b/w targets with temperature difference of 0.02°C.
For fuvk sake..:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom