What's new

India likely to cancel $500 million Spike ATGM deal after they reportedly failed during trials

Use you brains they want to defend the desert because of multan corps. It is very difficult to fight multan corps I know it is very difficult to fight II corps of Pakistan any one would go on defensive against it.

MP-ATGMs can be used as offensive weapons as well.

My friend yes they can be used but not in an open desert. They can be used in Vietnam jungle or guerrilla war in urban city or mountains but not in an open desert where ever insect know your location from a mile away.

Some of the arguments for cancellation are very valid and israel is excellent at marketting.
However india is becoming know as the country for contract cancellation

DRDO MPATGM has performed better than Spike in initial user trials.

This is not just limited to Spike... even T-90 failed to perform like Arjun in extreme hot conditions... but last time corrupt UPA was ready to sabotage indigenous efforts of local defence manufacturer... Thus, they opted for more T-90s...

Even in comparative trials Arjun performed better than T-90... only after that further order was placed for Arjun tank...

Similarly, our IAF was ready to upgrade and fly OLD MiGs but they were not ready to induct Tejas...

Corruption of political masters did played a big role in defence deals...

All thanks to lessons learned from Nag. Continuous rejection by Indian Army due to its failure to differentiate between targets in hot desert conditions of Thar encouraged our engineers to develop highly advance IR seekers which can now differentiate b/w targets with temperature difference of 0.02°C.

The problem is that our defence forces does not understand the importance of indigenous stuff...

A little bit of push from government and they are now falling in line...

I'm surprised especially since Israel has a sizable desert terrain...
Precisely... Israel is not some cold Europe country. I think India just give excuse to cancel Israel deal. And modi just try to be diplomatic and agree to Israel spike deal. But I think India is right to push for domestic product.

During 2009 hot summer trials in Rajasthan 8 out of 9 Spike missiles had failed to hit their targets

And I wonder how the Israelis are expecting to use them in desert warfare, specially when they live in and are surrounded by desert dwelling folk?

Is Rajasthan any hotter or shinier than the deserts of the middle east?

And I wonder how the Israelis are expecting to use them in desert warfare, specially when they live in and are surrounded by desert dwelling folk?

Is Rajasthan any hotter or shinier than the deserts of the middle east?

https://www.firstpost.com/india/def...with-israel-all-you-need-to-know-4218575.html

Since, you won't believe INDIAN source... refer this... how it fails in acquiring heat signatures...

Just because they are surrounded by the desert... does not make their WEAPONS invincible or accurate in desert condition...

https://southfront.org/field-experiences-spike-atgm-system/

Precisely... Israel is not some cold Europe country. I think India just give excuse to cancel Israel deal. And modi just try to be diplomatic and agree to Israel spike deal. But I think India is right to push for domestic product.

agreed, Spike is also used by many countries, which have not reported any problems and have continually ordered more and improved versions of the missile. Azerbaijan is a big user of Spikes, and has summer temps of 40C+ and has not experience any problems with the sensor.

Want to have a system calibrated for your own needs ? Build one yourself. DRDO MPATGM will always perform better in Indian conditions.

any illustrations of it?
DnNi5HjXsAAfvFH.jpg

We have designed the Spike with desert conditions in mind. It's first an Israeli weapon and only then an export weapon.

It failed in the desert. Hmmm interesting. So India needs to use anti tank missile in the desert are of Rajasthan in summers. Very interesting. So that means India wants to go defensive in the desert because it's MBTs are not performing well there?

Offensive or defensive depends on the battlefield situation. Even If India goes on offensive, Pakistan will definitely launch counter-offensives of its own. The 1973 war was started with an Egyptian offensive to cross the Bar-Lev line and later used a network of SAMs and ATGMs like Saggers to initially thwart Israeli counter-offensives with Armor and Air Force. IDF eventually evolved tactics to counter that.

Use you brains they want to defend the desert because of multan corps. It is very difficult to fight multan corps I know it is very difficult to fight II corps of Pakistan any one would go on defensive against it.
My friend yes they can be used but not in an open desert. They can be used in Vietnam jungle or guerrilla war in urban city or mountains but not in an open desert where ever insect know your location from a mile away.

Even the universe and star war solders will not be able to fight against them if they are present....... You missed to Add Sir..:( I am sad, how could you miss that...:(

Back
Top Bottom