What's new

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy by 2050: Citi

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe this kind of news gets censored in china- but if you ever travel outside the secret walls, look up what china is doing in Africa. Let alone Myanmar and other smaller countries like Tajikistan.

Is China spreading communism to these countries?

Maybe you can list some specific news you are referring to and see if the members can access it?

Next all he has to do is laugh at the 20 million Chinese who were butchered by the Japanese during WW2, and then we will finally have another true Sino-Indian discussion on our hands.

On personal note SIR, I am not in those who laugh at dead who ever they were except (terrorist) .... But i find it hard when your own country men were laughing in thread TANK MAN ,on those people who died .....no matter what they did but such heinous crime must be condemned ...

I never meant to hurt emotions of your's SIR....kindly forgive my post as i was blown up for a moment and overflown by my little unwanted emotions....

@ dragon

On personal note SIR, I am not in those who laugh at dead who ever they were except (terrorist) .... But i find it hard when your own country men were laughing in thread TANK MAN ,on those people who died .....no matter what they did but such heinous crime must be condemned ...

I never meant to hurt emotions of your's SIR....kindly forgive my post as i was blown up for a moment and overflown by my little unwanted emotions....

@ dragon

Nice try, but better luck next time. :D

I've heard it too many times from Indians here... for it to upset, shock, or even to surprise me.

I am still waiting for something that is unexpected.

maybe this kind of news gets censored in china- but if you ever travel outside the secret walls, look up what china is doing in Africa. Let alone Myanmar and other smaller countries like Tajikistan.

My understanding is whatever China is doing in Africa, India is playing a catch up game !

My understanding is whatever China is doing in Africa, India is playing a catch up game !
Yet to hear a negative report on the presence of Indians in Africa... when I hear I will agree with the context. BTW... there are a lot of BD citizens working in Africa too.

Seriously, when I joined, I also had visions of the Eastern Block.

Unfortunately, certain members who are now banned, and happened to be Indian, have made me change my mind.

People say we have a manipulated currency rate and depend on low currency exchange ratios, and once this is broken, our economy is dead.

Well, since 2005, our currency appreciated 20%. 2005-2010 have been the best years ever for China, growing at over 10% annually where before it was 9%. In 2007 we even grew 13% and our currency value jumped from 1:7 to 1:6.7 in that time. The currency problem is complex and is primarily driven by Wall Street bankers to collapse our economy (notice they called for a FREE FLOAT, not for a HIGHER CURRENCY specifically).

Nice try, but better luck next time. :D

I've heard it too many times from Indians here... for it to upset, shock, or even to surprise me.

I am still waiting for something that is unexpected.

A Chinese and an Indian walk into bar....

the Indian goes pardon me if I offended you

the Chinese goes , shut the hell up , you should have groveled before the great dragon

The Indian goes - now thats offensive

The Chinese goes - How many kids are starving India ! and you expect me to apologize!

Seriously, when I joined, I also had visions of the Eastern Block.

Unfortunately, certain members who are now banned, and happened to be Indian, have made me change my mind.

Really I'm coming to realize that the vast majority of Indians (exceptions here or there) hate China or hold ignorant ideas about China.

Hate on then I guess, I don't see the China's support for Pakistan waning anytime soon.

Do you feel bored? What is the significance this argument?
China 1990 and India 2010 have the same situation.
Let us wait 20 years, if India can replicate our success, they may surpass the USA, 2050.

Now, let's wait, not argue.

Do you feel bored? What is the significance this argument?
China 1990 and India 2010 have the same situation.
Let us wait 20 years, if India can replicate our success, they may surpass the USA, 2050.

Now, let's wait, not argue.

This is what makes me skeptical of the citi group pronouncements (other the fact that they are trying to predict Eco. 50 years in the future). They have this idea that every nation with a large population and a low starting point is going to replicate China's 30 years of success. I say let see each of the country on the Citi list do 10 years of 9% growth before we start laying about with predictions.

Nigeria, Iraq and Egypt in the top 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom