What's new

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy by 2050: Citi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that like it is a bad thing?

The last thing we want to become is America version 2.0... projecting its power all over the Earth, and meddling in everyone else's internal affairs.

China has always been an insular, inward-looking civilization... and I hope it stays that way. Nations should look after their own affairs.

It may be a bad thing, but being the worlds largest economy will warrant power projection from China. China will have to secure its business channels and resources if it wants to maintain the top position. I doubt China can do that without flexing its muscles, given that there will be other major players in the world, jostling for that limited space. China will be drawn into this power struggle whether it likes it or not.

I really respect your pacifist views and I hope that China of the future will be like you describe.:cheers:

I actually agree with everything you said.
I also had hopes for a grand alliance between India, China, and Russia--until I joined this forum. Every since the border conflict in '62, both India and China wants security against the other, and both fight for influence over the countries bordering the other. It's a security dilemma and I don't see an easy way out of it.

Don't let forums such as these to change your perception, there are lot of fake flags and trolls here who would love to see India and China at loggerheads. :cheers:

You're assuming the world decades from now will look exactly the same as it does now. While India is busy chasing dominance in manufacturing toys and sewing garments, China will have created a consumption-oriented economy (as per the 12th 5-year plan) and taken America's spot as the world's largest consumer. With every country wanting a slice of China's 1.3 billion market, declaring war on China will be the last thing on their mind.

decades from now you can't keep maintaining the currency manipulations. Culturally, you and India are more of a savings culture. Purchasing power is further saturated because of the sheer population and mouths to feed. what stops China being the largest consumer today? well- Your govt and its protectionist policies.

It may be a bad thing, but being the worlds largest economy will warrant power projection from China. China will have to secure its business channels and resources if it wants to maintain the top position. I doubt China can do that without flexing its muscles, given that there will be other major players in the world, jostling for that limited space. China will be drawn into this power struggle whether it likes it or not.

I really respect your pacifist views and I hope that China of the future will be like you describe.:cheers:

It is about pragmatic self-interest more than anything else.

Who honestly wants to be a "superpower" or a "global policeman" in todays world?

Look at America. They are bankrupting themselves to pay for their wars halfway across the world, and the only result is that the people end up hating them anyway.

Ideally, I would like China to take care of its own people, and keep to itself. Leave the "superpower" business to the USA, and to anyone else who wants it.

^^^^^ Our dreams of HINDI-CHINI bhai bhai is no longer in sight , so i guess better we wake up and see around WHAT'S UP???

Though i would have been the first person to admire such relationship.... after all we were once 2 great civilization living side by side

^^^^^ Our dreams of HINDI-CHINI bhai bhai is no longer in sight , so i guess better we wake up and see around WHAT'S UP???

Though i would have been the first person to admire such relationship.... after all we were once 2 great civilization living side by side

Not really side by side, that was Tibet and Bharat. :P

decades from now you can't keep maintaining the currency manipulations. Culturally, you and India are more of a savings culture. Purchasing power is further saturated because of the sheer population and mouths to feed. what stops China being the largest consumer today? well- Your govt and its protectionist policies.

China needs a low yuan now because it is dependent on exports. As Chinese consume more, the reliance on exports will decrease and the yuan can appreciate. The US also had much higher savings rate in the early 20th century, but that has gone down. As social benefits increase, the Chinese savings rate will decrease as well and consumption will increase. As you say--China has a large population. That makes for more consumers! What stops China from being the largest consumer today is the low GDP per capita--China is still relatively poor. As Chinese become wealthier in the future, consumption will rise.

You say that like it is a bad thing?

The last thing we want to become is America version 2.0... projecting its power all over the Earth, and meddling in everyone else's internal affairs.

China has always been an insular, inward-looking civilization... and I hope it stays that way. Nations should look after their own affairs.

maybe this kind of news gets censored in china- but if you ever travel outside the secret walls, look up what china is doing in Africa. Let alone Myanmar and other smaller countries like Tajikistan.

Not really side by side, that was Tibet and Bharat.

whatever... AS long as china is happy taking it back with them...

Lol, I can't believe this thread is still going strong with members being reasonably civilised! Keep it up guys. :tup:

This wasn't necessary..

No, it was 100% necessary. :tup:

Going from China kills children with tainted milk, to the mass starvation during the Great Leap forward, is exactly the way to go.

Next all he has to do is laugh at the 20 million Chinese who were butchered by the Japanese during WW2, and then we will finally have another true Sino-Indian discussion on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom