What's new

India Lifts Imports of Iran's Oil

You used sanctions to force Iran to buy your products. Very good move (I am not sarcastic here), but nothing to do with friendship.

India do not want Iran to become the strategic depth for Pakistan!

You used sanctions to force Iran to buy your products. Very good move (I am not sarcastic here), but nothing to do with friendship.

There is an element of friendship in the business that Iran does with India, and both know it. Iran recognises that India has historically sought to pursue an independent foreign policy, while India is quite clear that the people of Iran do not deserve to be starved into submission- just as India believed the same applied to the people of Iraq in the past.

Yes, it is strictly Business ,we need Iran's support in Afganistan
In the end of the day ,when push comes to shove it will be Israel who will stand by India ...neither Arabs nor Iranians ... Besides Arabs are usually known to stand by their Pakistani brothers ,Iranians are bit skeptical about Pakistan because it allies itself with SA ,hence they support India over Pakistan.

No chance of that, that dream died with the Shah of Iran. :)

Then don't forget the KSA factor. The Saudis will never bless such ideas.

I must agree with 500. This does not seem to be motivated by friendship of any sort. An opportunity presented itself to the Indians....and they took it.

No chance of that, that dream died with the Shah of Iran. :)

Then don't forget the KSA factor. The Saudis will never bless such ideas.

Why Saudi will never allow that? Care to explain?

Its a bigger case than Pakistan here. The central asian countries, where they have immense resources is all sitting there and lying doing nothing the only way India could trade with them is through Iran. See India surrounded by himalayas and Pakistan by khyber its going to be tricky hard to build a road through Pakistan as well as presence of taliban in Pak. China is the other route but unpredictable weather and rough terrain makes it hard to carry out feasible trade without interruption. Thats why Iran is the only route for growing india economy its due to its geographical location.

Why Saudi will never allow that? Care to explain?

Firstly KSA is extremely wary of Iran. If Iran is allowed to live in peace, prosperity and stability; then the next major thing that we will get to see and read about will be a "Saudi Spring" ala Tahrir Square. So the Saudis have a vested interest in trying to keep Iran as isolated as possible from the rest of the Islamic world and as weak as posible.
Then again, there is that eternal Shia-Sunni divide to overcome. The only time that the Saudis had some tolerance for Iran was in the time of the Shah. Because both were then client states of USA ruled in an autocratic fashion. The revolution in Iran changed that.

Its a bigger case than Pakistan here. The central asian countries, where they have immense resources is all sitting there and lying doing nothing the only way India could trade with them is through Iran. See India surrounded by himalayas and Pakistan by khyber its going to be tricky hard to build a road through Pakistan as well as presence of taliban in Pak. China is the other route but unpredictable weather and rough terrain makes it hard to carry out feasible trade without interruption. Thats why Iran is the only route for growing india economy its due to its geographical location.

Yes, India should come out of this dilemma without hurting both Iran and US.

Yes, it is strictly Business ,we need Iran's support in Afganistan
In the end of the day ,when push comes to shove it will be Israel who will stand by India ...neither Arabs nor Iranians ... Besides Arabs are usually known to stand by their Pakistani brothers ,Iranians are bit skeptical about Pakistan because it allies itself with SA ,hence they support India over Pakistan.

Wrong assessment. When push comes to shove it is Indian Muslims that will stand by India. Though you will first want to make completely friendship with them, instead of alienating your own countrymen. But i guess Indian leaders are much more pragmatic than some Indians in here who love Israel above everything else for reasons i have yet to grasp.

Trust me, you would rather want a peaceful society where people respect each other no matter religion, instead of wanting or expecting help from foreign countries (USA, Israel etc). Because India is a regional power (and a potential superpower). But your potential will become a reality the day Indians can live side by side Muslims, Hindus etc.

Wrong assessment. When push comes to shove it is Indian Muslims that will stand by India. Though you will first want to make completely friendship with them, instead of alienating your own countrymen. But i guess Indian leaders are much more pragmatic than some Indians in here who love Israel above everything else for reasons i have yet to grasp.

Indian Muslims are Indian citizens and they are not a completely separate nation to have friendly relations with.Also in the past whenever push comes to shove only 2 countries stood by us..USSR/Russia & Israel. Others like Arab countries chose to side with the Islamic side and Turkey will only do what US tell them to do.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Trust me, you would rather want a peaceful society where people respect each other no matter religion, instead of wanting or expecting help from foreign countries (USA, Israel etc). Because India is a regional power (and a potential superpower). But your potential will become a reality the day Indians can live side by side Muslims, Hindus etc.

Indians consists of all known religions of the world except for may be Taoism and Shintoism.

Back
Top Bottom