What's new

India left "disappointed" as US goes ahead with F-16 sale to Pakistan.

PAF's next target: F-15 SA :P

Man, what a scene a squadron of F-15 SA would create in our friendly neighborhood. :D

On a serious note, it's time for Pakistan to learn a lesson from this development and start a new chapter of cooperation with the US in all fronts.

An important lesson for the skeptics and/or those with Anti-American sentiments on the Pakistani side; Pakistan should never ever attempt to politically isolate itself from the Western bloc. Foreign affairs should not be emotionally driven. India stands to gain tremendously from Pakistan's political isolation.

Just bolster your economy and play your cards right.

Clinging onto straws; are we now?

What if we are smart now?

How's that joint patrol of Chinese sea coming up?
Okay then let me explain.
I see this deal as a part of US's carrot and stick approach towards Pakistan.
Taliban has made tremendous advance in Afghanistan and a major spring offensive is expected after the snow melts.
US will soon be in an election mood, and Obama administration will not leave any stone turned to keep media silent on Afghanistan issue. The govt was under tremendous pressure to withdraw the troops. Obama administration can not afford to have a another Iraq like situation in Afghanistan. So they want Pakistan to substitute their army/airforce.
Now, this part of the story makes sense.
But the issue arises when you look at it from India's POV. Your country and mine are not best buddies, lack in trust is the reason behind India's reaction.
War on terrorism now feels farcical. But then,America has its promises to keep......

I see this deal as a part of US's carrot and stick approach towards Pakistan.
In that case why India as a nation cry out loud like a baby who just jealous why mama give a candy to other sibling. Let us deal with US carot and have banana from Russia, We Pakistani just don't care whatever you purchase or given to India....Why India so obsessed and jealous....need a life..:devil:

Cry more who still had hopes

US issues ‘national interest’ certification for fighter jets sale

WASHINGTON: The US Defence Security Cooperation Agency has issued a certification saying that it’s in US national interest to sell eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment to Pakistan.

The certification is needed to satisfy the US Congress where some key lawmakers are strongly opposing the sale. A national interest certification, however, is rarely challenged.

“This proposed sale contributes to US foreign policy objectives and national security goals by helping to improve the security of a strategic partner in South Asia,” says the certification sent to Congress with the sale notification.

“The proposed sale improves Pakistan’s capability to meet current and future security threats…and enhance(s) Pakistan’s ability to conduct counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations,” the agency informs the lawmakers.

It also clarifies that the proposed sale will not alter the basic military balance in the region (and) there will be no adverse impact on US defence readiness as a result of this.

The clarification rejects India’s claim that the proposed sale will alter military balance in South Asia and it also disregards objections raised during recent congressional debates that it will adversely affect US defence interests in Afghanistan where Washington still has thousands of troops.

According to the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency, the eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment will cost Pakistan $699.04 million.

On Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry sent his department’s annual budget to Congress, proposing a financial assistance of $859.8m for Pakistan, which includes $265m for military hardware. This indicates that Pakistan will have to bear most of the costs for the F-16 deal.

On Friday, the US State Department informed Congress that it “has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for F-16 Block 52 Aircraft, equipment, training, and logistics support.

No need.....Life is beautiful...my advice to Indians.....Just try once with Hajmola and digest it because in near future many shocker on the way....
India's reaction is nothing but it's concern about its security.
It's not about 8 F16s but the the war on terrorism. Anyways this deal comes with strings attached for Pakistan. Best of luck with whatever it is that US is expecting from you.

India's reaction is nothing but it's concern about its security.
It's not about 8 F16s but the the war on terrorism. Anyways this deal comes with strings attached for Pakistan. Best of luck with whatever it is that US is expecting from you.
Whatever you said what i am reading and watching both contradictory...Every positive thing in Pakistan...every victory of Pakistani...every success....i heard cries from Indian media.
It wont effect us but made your life miserable because Inshallah in coming times....We are getting better and better prosper and prosper...strong and stronger....I don't care if India act like Rudaali....

Whatever you said what i am reading and watching both contradictory...Every positive thing in Pakistan...every victory of Pakistani...every success....i heard cries from Indian media.
It wont effect us but made your life miserable because Inshallah in coming times....We are getting better and better prosper and prosper...strong and stronger....I don't care if India act like Rudaali....
Let me clear it...a prosperous neighbour works in our favour too.
But prosperity is related to the progress of the entire country, and not limited to military strength. Got the drift of it??

Back
Top Bottom