What's new

India is "top arms buyer": China's Global Times

No doubt every country might have/has this aspiration, but my friend India is not just another country. We have a large pool of talent and skilled people. All India needs is to channelize the effort and show these talented individuals a way. And this has started to happen lately, with TOT and indigenous technologies, the dream can be fulfilled. It's the perseverance and dedication that would matter the most.

Also one cannot learn how to run if he doesn't know how to walk.
Just an analogy hope it helps. :cheers:

I'm certain that there are many talented Indians out there. But every country has skillful and talented people. Its not the skill or talent of the people that make the difference as this are subjective. Its the results that counts.

Before India start to export planes and tanks in large quantity, its arm forces must first choose them over imports. If the technology is not there, than at least the price must be better. Why would a foreign country buy something from India if the product is not as good or the price is not as good as the Russian or European version?

come on how can you expect the first plane/tank made by a country that got independence 60 odd years ago, was dead poor for the better part of the independence to start making cutting edge def equipments.. either you are too hopeful of Indian capabilities or you just don't see the difficulties a nation that is learning to stand on it's feet has to go through. :disagree:

I'm certain that there are many talented Indians out there. But every country has skillful and talented people. Its not the skill or talent of the people that make the difference as this are subjective. Its the results that counts.

the results take time in a setup that India chose for itself when it got independence the bureaucracy and red tape makes things slower and thts where the GOI was expected to start working on when they got almost a full majority.. but sadly the ruling party it seems is failing to cut the long processes and make then more efficient. Anyhow nothings lost as of now.. things can start looking good in this term itself.. depends on the conviction of PM and cabinet.

with arms no nation can win the war.a clear example is afghan war,India is poor country.the biggest enemy of India is poverty.
think about it

India is a poor country with a GDP 8 times of Pakistan.

And Forex reserves of 25 times Pakistan.

YET DOES NOT PAKISTAN frm buying nuclear missles or F16/52s

The Indians that are on this web site are not the poor. But the wealthy Indians who can afford internet access and are insulted if you consider India a poor country and said India need to take care of poverty. Poverty is for untouchable who can only dream of using a computer or getting on line. Actually, the dali cannot even read? how could they use the internet. I feel sorry for them as they are kept that way to keep the Brahmans on the top.

WOW! Where did you get educated on Indian social structures? Are you guys serious or just joking around? :hitwall:

There is no Brahmin domination at all in India. I am not a Brahmin, by the way. And the so called Dalits have 27% reservation in education and jobs. They even get focused federal funding and social security through food and job security schemes. There are millions of Dalits who are classified as middle class and rich. The dalits who are below poverty line are the illiterate families in rural areas who depend on agriculture. Agriculture is not a reliable source of income in India and thus rendering them poor. Most of them do not even educate their kids and it is hardly govt's fault if the parents are too stupid to NOT send their kids to school.

The poor in India belong to all castes and religions. There are even Brahmins who are dying of starvation, for your kind info. Anyway, in a country with a Catholic congress leader, Sikh Prime Minister, Lower-caste President and Dalit Chief Ministers in several states, there is hardly any scope for Brahmin control.

I seriously wonder where the heck some people get their weird information from. :cheesy: Geez!!!

80% of sewage in India is dumped untreated into their river system killing hundreds of thousands of people a year, I thought cleaning up their rivers would of been a bigger priority than buying weapons and useless fighter!!

With a population of almost 1.2 billion, thats alot of "dumb bombs"!!! :lol:

it is india's right to purchase as many weapons as it wants from as many sources as it wants.

it still won't change the fact that CJ-10s launched in inner mongolia and sichuan can take out their prime minister's office, out of reach of any of their planes or missiles.

or that our WS-2 rocket artillery can bombard new delhi from within chinese borders.

any attempts at a nuclear response will be destroyed by midcourse interception before they even leave indian airspace. then the remainder of the CJ-10s will be nuclear tipped.

it is india's right to purchase as many weapons as it wants from as many sources as it wants.

it still won't change the fact that CJ-10s launched in inner mongolia and sichuan can take out their prime minister's office, out of reach of any of their planes or missiles.

or that our WS-2 rocket artillery can bombard new delhi from within chinese borders.

any attempts at a nuclear response will be destroyed by midcourse interception before they even leave indian airspace. then the remainder of the CJ-10s will be nuclear tipped.

Really, I didn’t know that China is so technologically advanced. Thanks for informing us all

Really, I didn’t know that China is so technologically advanced. Thanks for informing us all

Well thats the beauty of dicatotorial regimes,they can make their subjects believe whatever they want.No questions asked ,noe answers demanded ,and then such subjects like these bawl and rant on the ignorant creatures like us.

lol Still crying after soo called TOP ARM BUYER lol! slappppppppppppppppp!

with arms no nation can win the war.a clear example is afghan war,India is poor country.the biggest enemy of India is poverty.
think about it

really glad that ur talking about poverty but we do not beg and we work hard for the money and more over our budget is a trillion dollar budget and no country with a trillion dollar budget is called a poor country get educated will u and stop trolling and post related to topic donot derail the thread

The Indians that are on this web site are not the poor. But the wealthy Indians who can afford internet access and are insulted if you consider India a poor country and said India need to take care of poverty. Poverty is for untouchable who can only dream of using a computer or getting on line. Actually, the dali cannot even read? how could they use the internet. I feel sorry for them as they are kept that way to keep the Brahmans on the top.

dude which planet ru in that india changed long back and internet is not a costly affair any one can access it and more over yes there are few poor in the far side of the country but it is equal in numbers to chinies who are is the same financial condition

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom