What's new

India is "top arms buyer": China's Global Times

I agree with you but India has started to build the necessary infra and r&d capabilities to develop the defense systems, thats why I said I would love to see number one "arms seller" in the world someday.. but that depends on the vision of our scientific community and the support it is given by GOI.

That would be an ideal goal. But I'm certain that 200+ countries in the world have the same aspiration. Its better to aim for reality than ideal.

as india has very little or no contribution in the defence export business i expect them to start with the baby steps. And indeed they have started that, the 30 % offset clause, ToT, this will bring up the infrastructure & also the know how.......

as india has very little or no contribution in the defence export business i expect them to start with the baby steps. And indeed they have started that, the 30 % offset clause, ToT, this will bring up the infrastructure & also the know how.......

I think India should focus on what it does better such as IT and start with simple manufacturing exports. But to export manufacturing good in quantity. India needs infrastructure. The problem is that the political system in India make it difficult for things to happen.

Re: India is "top arms buyer": China's Global Times
It should also be written as that china is the top nuclear weapons exporter of the world as well as pakistan is the top terrorism exporter of the world so things are read in proper context.

That would be an ideal goal. But I'm certain that 200+ countries in the world have the same aspiration. Its better to aim for reality than ideal.

No doubt every country might have/has this aspiration, but my friend India is not just another country. We have a large pool of talent and skilled people. All India needs is to channelize the effort and show these talented individuals a way. And this has started to happen lately, with TOT and indigenous technologies, the dream can be fulfilled. It's the perseverance and dedication that would matter the most.

Also one cannot learn how to run if he doesn't know how to walk.
Just an analogy hope it helps. :cheers:

Re: India is "top arms buyer": China's Global Times
It should also be written as that china is the top nuclear weapons exporter of the world as well as pakistan is the top terrorism exporter of the world so things are read in proper context.

totally uncalled for, why provoke when a good discussion is going on.. habitual trolls are on a look out for these kind of statements to derail the thread.. has happened consistently for long long time.. Pls refrain from making these kind of irresponsible statements. Peace.

:pop:

What is irresponsible about this statement, if true it should be read in proper context though it is not because in CY 09 pakistan imported more weapons than India. If u think that it is a nice discussion I suggest u refrain and carry through E-mail as u are suggesting me to refrain from statements. Hope that doesnt hurt. Peace at the cost of truth is not called for.

What is irresponsible about this statement, if true it should be read in proper context though it is not because in CY 09 pakistan imported more weapons than India. If u think that it is a nice discussion I suggest u refrain and carry through E-mail as u are suggesting me to refrain from statements. Hope that doesnt hurt. Peace at the cost of truth is not called for.

It is u this kind of people which will turn the thread into a flame war! If you can see, only thread that are turning at China will lead to Chinese attacking it.

I shall refrain from making negative comments this time.

well with the offset clause & the enginearing base of the country i hope we can attain this status by 2020:smitten:

there is only 10 years left for u, but since indian engineers are genius and they have already created some famous weapons such as arjun,tejas,argni3, i am confident that u will reach ur goals. :azn:

Indian arms export in $ mn

2000-4
2001-6
2002-18
2003-17
2004-35
2005-75
2006-105

A combined earning of $300mn+ (Rs 1261 Cr) was given by GOI for financial year 2006-07,2007-08,2008-09. PIB Press Release

2006 figure is roughly 1/5th of China ($564 mn) and 1/70th of US ($7821mn) in the same year.

If India can sell high value products like Brahmos or Akash SAM system, the figure may improve in near future.

"there is only 10 years left for u, but since indian engineers are genius and they have already created some famous weapons such as arjun,tejas,argni3, i am confident that u will reach ur goals."
Well Well That is indeed insulting man...... U can call whatever u want about the Tejas, Arjun, and ya Agni. Still U haven shed the tag of best copier in the world. ( in my opinion Chinese r very talented and hard working folks.) But this guy seems otherwise

"there is only 10 years left for u, but since indian engineers are genius and they have already created some famous weapons such as arjun,tejas,argni3, i am confident that u will reach ur goals."
Well Well That is indeed insulting man...... U can call whatever u want about the Tejas, Arjun, and ya Agni. Still U haven shed the tag of best copier in the world. ( in my opinion Chinese r very talented and hard working folks.) But this guy seems otherwise

why are u so angry, i just think highly of ur country. i know that tejas will come into IAF in 2020 and the arjun tank do better than T90,further more,agni3 have been launched successfully,which is said to be more advanced than chinese BM. so in conclusion,india technology is amazing!:woot:

haha both china and india are great nations, we are friends haha! :smitten::smitten::smitten:

China is not the world's largest nuclear arm export country when there are still 400 US air delivered nuclear bombs around various bases in Nuclear and non nuclear countries in europe.

No doubt every country might have/has this aspiration, but my friend India is not just another country. We have a large pool of talent and skilled people. All India needs is to channelize the effort and show these talented individuals a way. And this has started to happen lately, with TOT and indigenous technologies, the dream can be fulfilled. It's the perseverance and dedication that would matter the most.

Also one cannot learn how to run if he doesn't know how to walk.
Just an analogy hope it helps. :cheers:

Before India start to export planes and tanks in large quantity, its arm forces must first choose them over imports. If the technology is not there, than at least the price must be better. Why would a foreign country buy something from India if the product is not as good or the price is not as good as the Russian or European version?

Back
Top Bottom