What's new

India is the most ethnically diverse country outside Africa.

Mutually unintelligible .. but people will always speak at home what they want to.

e.g. HongKong still speaks cantonese.. a sign of freedom and liberty to those dwelling there (eh.. so far).

If one is colour blind, he cannot appreciate different colours.

But then.. letting somebody "choose" to be colour blind, is also available as options.

But, let other enjoy the different colours. If one person is colous blind, doesn't mean everybody else should be, as well.

As for sexual things you mentioned.. obviously you don't read newspapers regularly.

dude you read newspaper but i experience them on my own. I have been to clubs of Delhi, Goa and Mumbai but all are not at par with those in other countries. Here stuff happen secretly for the fear of dont know what. maybe culture but then if these idiots can't respect sexual diversity which affects me most then i dont see point in appreciating things which is either lame or non existing

Chinese have better rights in this matter, period.

Diversity's good, imagine seeing yourself over and over everywhere all your life like a mirror image - like in China for e.g. :D

dude you read newspaper but i experience them on my own. I have been to clubs of Delhi, Goa and Mumbai but all are not at par with those in other countries. Here stuff happen secretly for the fear of dont know what. maybe culture but then if these idiots can't respect sexual diversity which affects me most then i dont see point in appreciating things which is either lame or non existing

Good for china (if what you say is true).. atleast bisexuals have a better dwelling there.

:tup:

Good for china (if what you say is true).. atleast bisexuals have a better dwelling there.

:tup:

look at yourself trying to take browny point out of nothing. indeed good for Chinese population and bad for denial and closeted Indians

look at yourself trying to take browny point out of nothing. indeed good for Chinese population and bad for denial and closeted Indians

I said good for bisexuals in China.. (to which I agree, assuming what you claim is true about China).

But that alone isn't sufficient to prove that China respects diversity ... its more in the business of fitting every human being into one size.

Have you heard a chinese talking about diversity.... you happen to be first one by quoting "bisexuality in china". I'm afraid, even on that I have rely on your word (else, you should produce some proof of what you claim).

China has nothing to do with the topic.

And we are growing inspite of the diversity...not because of diversity..its just a fact of life..there is nothing to be proud of that..infact all major powers, empires in history till date have been a far more homogenous states.

I said good for bisexuals in China.. (to which I agree, assuming what you claim is true about China).

But that alone isn't sufficient to prove that China respects diversity ... it more in the business of fitting every human being into one size.

Have you heard a chinese talking about diversity.... you happen to be first one by quoting "bisexuality in china". I'm afraid, that still to shallow.

dude India has a lot of bi/gay but none of them are accepting/courageous enough to come out so what we are left with are faggot gays (no offence but just as i can't date every bimbo, i have taste in guys as well) and these people make me sick. I have chinese friends who have much better environment compared to us. I have never been to China but i can say that even Mauritius have people with strong will who dont end up being in a relationship just to be a part of str8 ppl. heck, i have met some gay ppl in club who were married for more than 3o years and have kids. they tell how hellish life they went through. agree ots common everywhere but in India situation is very bad. you wont know it cause it doesn't matter to you nor to anyone to protest about

anyways its way off topic so lets end the discussion

Chinese social culture is much less conservative compared to Indias. Agreed. The reasons are not just the communism in China its also rooted in history.

But this thread is about ethnic diversity.

Chinese social culture is much less conservative compared to Indias. Agreed. The reasons are not just the communism in China its also rooted in history.

But this thread is about ethnic diversity.

True.. its wiser to distinguish between "china" and "PRC".

They are confused to be the same, too often.

China has nothing to do with the topic.

And we are growing inspite of the diversity...not because of diversity..its just a fact of life..there is nothing to be proud of that..infact all major powers, empires in history till date have been a far more homogenous states.

Wonder why?? could it be because they don't have better things to do back home - like culture, festivities, color, diversity, fun...I would be pissed off if everyone looked like me and to prove that I am better and stronger and different would have developed a violent streak or try to run down my look a like who shares my same characteristics, mind set etc.
My leader would have to be the strongest or one with the biggest stick, and with nothing to differentiate between X and Y - it would have been survival of the fittest.

Wonder why?? could it be because they don't have better things to do back home - like culture, festivities, color, diversity, fun...I would be pissed off if everyone looked like me and to prove that I am better and stronger and different would have developed a violent streak or try to run down my look a like who shares my same characteristics, mind set etc.
My leader would have to be the strongest or one with the biggest stick, and with nothing to differentiate between X and Y - it would have been survival of the fittest.

The fact Indian kings did not expand outside their borders had nothing to with what you say but because of the Brahmanical belief that one should not cross the borders of Aryavarta, lest he becomes a mleccha.

And please, civilizations like Persia, China had as much festivities and color as ours.

And being homogenous does not mean everybody looks same..Not every German or French look the same.

And being homogenous does not mean everybody looks same..Not every German or French look the same.

That's true. In addition, even though people never realize it, Chinese people are made up of 56 different races.

"Han" is of course the vast majority, hence our relative homogeneity compared to other countries.

But we also have significant populations of other races, which people don't notice because they "look Chinese" as well.

Zhuang people for example, are our largest minority group.

Here is a picture of a Zhuang woman:

4580zhuang.jpg

The fact Indian kings did not expand outside their borders had nothing to with what you say but because of the Brahmanical belief that one should not cross the borders of Aryavarta, lest he becomes a mleccha.

And please, civilizations like Persia, China had as much festivities and color as ours.

@KS, Bro, from a personal point of view, let's talk about the kind of friends you made in school or college, I had friends from many states, looking vastly different, with different cultures, food, language, religions, and mindset - Sindi, parsi, Goan, Mizo, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannadiga, Keralite, Tamil, Maharastrian, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian etc, the same happens when I board a bus or a train - I am not sure who's gonna occupy the seat next to mine, whereas in China - i am 92% sure the guy next to me would be from my own ethnicity.

Which scenario appeals to you more - the first or the second?

In a homogeneous society The colors, festivities will be the same for ever - but not in a diverse society - where my friend invites me into his culture, and his festivities.

As for invasions - that would be another topic - but again I see that as an extension of a frustrated homogeneous society.

Right from Genghis Kan, Alexander to the last one - Hitler - were frustrated souls.

@KS, Bro, from a personal point of view, let's talk about the kind of friends you made in school or college, I had friends from many states, looking vastly different, with different cultures, food, language, religions, and mindset - Sindi, parsi, Goan, Mizo, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannadiga, Keralite, Tamil, Maharastrian, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian etc, the same happens when I board a bus or a train - I am not sure who's gonna occupy the seat next to mine, whereas in China - i am 92% sure the guy next to me would be from my own ethnicity.

Which scenario appeals to you more - the first or the second?

In a homogeneous society The colors, festivities will be the same for ever - but not in a diverse society - where my friend invites me into his culture, and his festivities.

As for invasions - that would be another topic - but again I see that as an extension of a frustrated homogeneous society.

Right from Genghis Kan, Alexander to the last one - Hitler - were frustrated souls.

Hey I am not opposed to diversity...it is a fact of life in India and we have to live with it..but there is nothing to be proud of that...I'm sure we would have developed faster if we had been a more homogenous state. That is the empirical truth. But we are not. Nothing wrong. We have to make adjustments for that.

That's true. In addition, even though people never realize it, Chinese people are made up of 56 different races.

"Han" is of course the vast majority, hence our relative homogeneity compared to other countries.

But we also have significant populations of other races, which people don't notice because they "look Chinese" as well.

Zhuang people for example, are our largest minority group.

Here is a picture of a Zhuang woman:

4580zhuang.jpg

not 56 races. just one race: Mongoloid. 56 ethnicities in it.
also, regarding ur last post, india has a majority race: Australoid (60% of gene pool). the difference is that in this case, the majority race is considered "inferior" and was mistreated for millennia until democracy saved them due to numbers

Back
Top Bottom