What's new

India Is Spending Billions to Populate a Remote Area Claimed by China

and a third of them live below the poverty line as hydropower, coal and mineral resources sit undeveloped.

And whose fault is it? For decades the central bureaucracy either ignores the entire region or they are too scared of China. And now they want to populate the state. Where will they bring the population from, neighboring states?

We know Manipuri better, they speak perfect Hindi, and the few of them I met where either Christians and mostly very hardcore Hindu even more than me.

It is said that if you know little it is better not to show your ignorance.

I'm not talking about Hindus either...

First,you should gain some insight over Indian Society and culture before making foolish comments.
Just an interesting point, 41.39% of Manipur is Hindu, another 41.29% is Christian and another 8% Islam, which makes the vast majority of Manipuris.

Manipur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But guess according Sanchez's logic, there are not Manipuri as they do not worship Dragons :D

Wondering when Sanchez will start claiming Bhutan, Russia, Greece, Japan, Vietnam and Persia etc for having dragons mentioned in their folklore. :lol:

Dragon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Even their script which the manipuris have started using again is far more similar to Chinese than Indians.

The Naga and Manipur folks certainly have historical and genetic links to China's Shang-Tang dynasty (O3-M134). I heard stories of some Manipuris in China, quite fasinating. Tibetan-Han-Burmese are closest relatives, ethnically speaking.

The Naga and Manipur folks certainly have historical and genetic links to China's Shang-Tang dynasty (O3-M134). I heard stories of some Manipuris in China, quite fasinating. Tibetan-Han-Burmese are closest relatives, ethnically speaking.
True, manipuris and nagas are most likely people who used to live in south china and migrated for any number of reasons.

Puya.The manipuris seem to be trying to remove the letters borrowed from bengali script.

The Manipuris did not borrow from the Bengali script. Bengali was imposed on them during the British Raj when the north eastern region was annexed by the Company and made a part of Bengal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom