What's new

India is mother country of Bangladesh says Awami League leader Hanif

Somewhat controversial thing to say in this forum :P...but you are not living in denial...thats good
well India is itself a child of royal India then being a successor so nothing controversial here

India is more the father one can say (given what happened in 1971)....and Pakistan is the estranged mother that has left Bangladesh with equal part identity confusion (bordering on crisis) and deep set psychological issues.

The pregnancy was quite troubled and bloody with mom trying several self-induced abortions....but thanks to India, the baby survived
13876113_1123900267703515_4307001399057109988_n.jpg

well India is itself a child of royal India then being a successor so nothing controversial here

Sure but concept of India (Bharat) as a nation goes back thousands of years.

Recent political guise is a successor of British Raj like Pakistan like you mentioned.

As for second part :rofl:

But for 1971 it was maybe more like:

qutub-minar-delhi.jpg

and

Pakistan-Monument-Wallpaper.jpg

if you know what I mean :D

India is more the father one can say (given what happened in 1971)....and Pakistan is the estranged mother that has left Bangladesh with equal part identity confusion (bordering on crisis) and deep set psychological issues.

The pregnancy was quite troubled and bloody with mom trying several self-induced abortions....but thanks to India, the baby survived.

I prefer my story of Pakistan being the abusive father who eventually got kicked out of the house.

That one works pretty well too. Its a matter of perspective I guess.

I've got a more complex version that's slightly different:

Pakistan and India were a happy family with their child Bangladesh, but eventually Pakistan got a divorce and took Bangladesh with him.

Pakistan and India continued to have multiple disputes and eventually Bangladesh decided that he wanted to stay out of things and go get his own place.

Pakistan did not like this, and abused Bangladesh horribly. Eventually, India came to the rescue and gave Bangladesh independence, but not without receiving some horrible scars herself.

India and Pakistan continue to have disputes to this day, whilst Bangladesh just stays out of it.

I've got a more complex version that's slightly different:

Pakistan and India were a happy family with their child Bangladesh, but eventually Pakistan got a divorce and took Bangladesh with him.

Pakistan and India continued to have multiple disputes and eventually Bangladesh decided that he wanted to stay out of things and go get his own place.

Pakistan did not like this, and abused Bangladesh horribly. Eventually, India came to the rescue and gave Bangladesh independence, but not without receiving some horrible scars herself.

India and Pakistan continue to have disputes to this day, whilst Bangladesh just stays out of it.

As long as Bangladesh is the spoiled little brat, any analogy works for me :D

Many countries have more than one name. Japan is Nippon/Nihon, Holland is Netherlands/Dutch, Germany is Deutschland, UK is bla, bla bla. Portuguese people were called Harmad by the natives of Bengal. Similarly, India was and is called in different names like Bharat, Hindustan.

Basically, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were one country until 1947, and all these three countries were born out of one single motherland or mother country.

Now why would you write something sensible. It's not expected of a BD member (actually majority of members across countries; but majord1 et al have given BD a special place in lead)

Never knew a vitamin hanif.
Not like the rest of Bangladeshis. And more on paper than self identity and culture bought up in.

Pakistani Indians and Bengalis are having debate of who is father or mother to Bangladesh! Let's just say Pakistan and India are brother sisters who had an accidental incest. And out pops Bangladesh. Problem solved.

Many countries have more than one name. Japan is Nippon/Nihon, Holland is Netherlands/Dutch, Germany is Deutschland, UK is bla, bla bla. Portuguese people were called Harmad by the natives of Bengal. Similarly, India was and is called in different names like Bharat, Hindustan.

Basically, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were one country until 1947, and all these three countries were born out of one single motherland or mother country.
That is debatable.....It was the same landmass but under different rules by different rulers at different times....the British were probably the first who actually covered every single inch of what is now Bangladesh Pakistan and India. I do not think the countries that were a part of the Mongol empire actually say they were one country once.

Back
Top Bottom