What's new

India Is Buying 36 Rafale Fighters from France (and Pakistan Should Worry)

I have seen you consistently spewing this mis-information about MLUed F-16, here..have it straight from horses mouth i.e. US DSCA notification to congress:

Item 3: F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits – $1.3 billion

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 60 F-16A/B MLU and Falcon Star Structural Service Life Enhancement kits consisting of:

APG-68v9 with Synthetic Aperture Radar or the APG-66(V)2 radar, which is a much smaller improvement on earlier F-16s. The APG-68 with SAR is far better at air to ground work, and can be used to monitor ground activity.
Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS)

AN/APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Systems
AN/ALE-47 Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser Systems
Have Quick I/II Radios
Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals (MIDS-LVT) SNIPER (formerly known as AN/AAQ-33 PANTERA) targeting pod capability Reconnaissance pod capability

Advanced Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation Units (used for training exercises)
MDE included in the MLU modification and structural upgrade kits
21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM;
60 ALQ-213 Electronic Warfare Management Systems;
1 Unit Level Trainer; and
10 APG-68v9 spare radar sets.
Radars, modems, receivers, installation, avionics, spare and repair parts, support equipment, CONUS-personnel training and training equipment, technical assistance, publications and technical documentation, system drawings, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, and other related logistics elements necessary for full program support.
Even if you have 18 blk 52+ and others upgraded to same standard(limited service life on airframe) paf is seriously underpowered in 4th gen fighter jet catogory wet the iaf

Not saying they put these systems at the base of the mountains , but they operate as a layered system.
The Chinese are fairly confident operating their Hq-9s and S-300s there, but then what do 25 year old operators of these systems know.

Ok, you did read the part about not quoting me with usual copy paste "my dog is better than your dog arguments right"

Please practice it for all future posts of mine
Appreciated

Not saying they put these systems at the base of the mountains , but they operate as a layered system.
The Chinese are fairly confident operating their Hq-9s and S-300s there, but then what do 25 year old operators of these systems know.

Ok, you did read the part about not quoting me with usual copy paste "my dog is better than your dog arguments right"

Please practice it for all future posts of mine
Appreciated

My Post was relevant isn't it ?
You where writing wrong data.

The newer ROSE Mirage and F7PG are plenty capable fighters. Uncle Sam was quite upset to learn when Hornets clashed in exercises with the F7PG and Mirages just how capable the GRIFO RADAR was and the fact it has been given tp Pak on ToT.

The portion of Tibet Near India is very Hilly while vast plateau exists on Chinese side- Specially on the approach to key Chinese towns like Golmud, Kashghar etc- Even then I haven't seen any S-300 deployed- mostly HQ-16(the one Pakistan recently imported) is used- Indian side is highly mountainous for S-400- May be used in Silliguri corridor(Chickens neck)- That would also cover much of Nepal and Bhutan-

Fighter planes are better off fighting in these areas due to mountains- India holds advantage due to airfields being on lower altitude and near the Border- Sukhoi's ability to carry Brahmos will be of importance in this sector-

Last edited:
Brilliant!

Well done indians... you are going to buy French birds in coming years...and in future will overwhelm Pak and finally make india great again or hole again... Brilliant!

Since, all is lost for Pak and indians have already won the future battles today... could indians go home now and celeberate the future victory... dancing in the streets and all...

Thank you, indians! Off you go.....

Paks like to be alone now among themselves... to lick their wounds from your future super victory. Let Paks alone for a second...if you can, please.

@Oscar very understandable and rather chilled observations you make, dear friend. Sobering as always. It is needed.

However, I would also like to hear solutions...every now and then as well. Balances things out a bit, you know.

Sometimes, when there is only darkness all around tiny imaginery becon of hope can keep spirits going. Especially young ones... do need hope.

I still believe in those 49%, you mentioned, who are not eating out everything... so there is still hope. Can any Faith system exist without Hope?

You take care. A great future awaits you!

Grts,

A brother!

Brilliant!

Well done indians... you are going to buy French birds in coming years...and in future will overwhelm Pak and finally make india great again or hole again... Brilliant!

Since, all is lost for Pak and indians have already won the future battles today... could indians go home now and celeberate the future victory... dancing in the streets and all...

Thank you, indians! Off you go.....

Why are you getting Hyper- Pakistanis are our Brothers our own though we are not on good terms we know how to talk to them- who are you ?

And French birds are nothing where India is heading towards in near future and Pakistan should be least worried about that- And concentrate on CPEC-

So in that case getting rafale is irrelevant coz you putting more pressure for Pakistan
To do something about its defence hopefully you agree to this
Thx
Pretty much, yes. I am no defense expert, but spending billions of dollars on weapons seems like a massive waste of resources.

The portion of Tibet Near India is very Hilly while vast plateau exists on Chinese side- Specially on the approach to key Chinese towns like Golmud, Kashghar etc- Even then I haven't seen any S-300 deployed- mostly HQ-16(the one Pakistan recently imported) is used- Indian side is highly mountainous for S-400- May be used in Silliguri corridor(Chickens neck)- That would also cover much of Nepal and Bhutan-

Fighter planes are better off fighting in these areas due to mountains- India holds advantage due to airfields being on lower altitude and near the Border- Sukhoi's ability to carry Brahmos will be of importance in this sector-
Deployment speculations aside, the S-300 variants arent all gods eyes as portrayed.

Re the Su30MKI. Yes its has lots of fancy bells and whistles. Large RADAR, Long range BVR, TVC etc etc. Its a formidable machine. But it has its limitations. The real world has not been kind to BVR combat. Against PAF F-16 and JF17 lets say the MKI acquires either at BVR range. Even ignoring the fact that the both plans would have picked up the big assed MKI long before, there is another consideration. Using BVR requires a lot of power in the fire control RADAR. This shift in power will mean that the moment the MKI locks on to the PAF planes, their RADAR Warning Receivers (RWR's) will warn them and also tell them the ETA of the expected missiles. The planes can then maneuver wildly and use own ECM to greatly improve probability of survivability.

OTH, both F16 and JF17 have the ability to Lock on after Launch. Basically, the AWAC's will tell the pilot where in space the missile should go to set up the best intercept and the missile will launch, with the MKI pilots still blissfully unaware they are being tracked by anything but search RADARs. At the last moment, before the missile reaches its target, the Fire control RADAR will switch on, establish an intercept and switch off, greatly reducing the warning the MKI has.

In WVR combat, its basiclaly even, TVC v small size.

Re the Su30MKI. Yes its has lots of fancy bells and whistles. Large RADAR, Long range BVR, TVC etc etc. Its a formidable machine. But it has its limitations. The real world has not been kind to BVR combat. Against PAF F-16 and JF17 lets say the MKI acquires either at BVR range. Even ignoring the fact that the both plans would have picked up the big assed MKI long before, there is another consideration. Using BVR requires a lot of power in the fire control RADAR. This shift in power will mean that the moment the MKI locks on to the PAF planes, their RADAR Warning Receivers (RWR's) will warn them and also tell them the ETA of the expected missiles. The planes can then maneuver wildly and use own ECM to greatly improve probability of survivability.

OTH, both F16 and JF17 have the ability to Lock on after Launch. Basically, the AWAC's will tell the pilot where in space the missile should go to set up the best intercept and the missile will launch, with the MKI pilots still blissfully unaware they are being tracked by anything but search RADARs. At the last moment, before the missile reaches its target, the Fire control RADAR will switch on, establish an intercept and switch off, greatly reducing the warning the MKI has.

In WVR combat, its basiclaly even, TVC v small size.
While I can't support the sequence of events you state for combat, what I will add is that when fighting over Pakistani territory, with our coverage and datalink active, any IAF aircraft will be hard pressed to survive unless they attack enmasse(can they sustain that at current levels? ill believe my sources and analysis to say not yet)

Most people here cannot look beyond singular systems and assets to see the overall PAF(&IAF) fighting machines.

Indians were buying some 125 Rafales from French, Pakistan should have worried then!

Indians were buying some 125 Rafales from French, Pakistan should have worried then!

The CEO of rafale has confirmed the second order for rafale is imminent in 2018.
50 planes this time

India will end up with 120 rafale by 2030.

Back
Top Bottom