What's new

India is backing a lost cause

What lost cause?

All India wants to do is every time Pakistan stirs up trouble in Kashmir, stir the pot a little in Baluchistan...obviously it is working just from all the hyperventilation going on in Pakistan over a single brief reference.

This should have been done long time ago instead of the aman ki tamasha nonsense for so many decades.

the last time an indian PM , manmohan singh , mentioned balochistan in sham el sheikh it was termed a 'disaster' by india press as it was seen as acceptance of indian involvement in ongoing terrorists activities in Balochistan.

It was termed a Disaster as by admitting that India will stop Its proxies- He should've simply said we don't know what you are talking about-

Why Modi's statement gets different response- He didn't say India will send freedom fighters to free Baluchistan, He simply raised Human rights issue- Which gave Baluch separatists a platfrom- now whenever they do some dharna agitation in some country- people will take notice of them-

India's ally, Iran will make sure of it. Baluchistan's terrorist will be a throne in Pakistan's a$$, but Iran knows better than allow it to become a full on independence movement.

Opportunists are never assets, just liabilities waiting to be cut.

Iran's know well who to mess with and who to avoid on the other hand ask senior government official to come and tell in Balochistan people that we support your independent from pakistan he will return in coffin and if over senior official goes in Kashmir and says to the people we support your independent from pakistan he will be greeted with joy

Compare Balochistan to the situation in BD; where Pakistan was able to effectively control an uprising with millions involved using only 80k personnel who were a mix of regulars and reserves whilst being ill equipped until the Indians intervened. Whereas Balochistan is a case of around maximum 1000 tribesmen and some intelligentsia facing a greater number of very well equipped troops and intelligence agencies.
This is a lost cause if there was ever one.

The only way this works out for India is if the US launches a peacekeeping invasion under the guise of the UN mandate and India steps in.

That is too much of a long shot with China involved and the Russians dead set against it.

I agree with you. By the same logic, If you hold on to it with 80k army in Bengal then think about what we can do with 14 Lakh army in Kashmir.

Everybody knows this.But this is hardly a point.

1st Point is that it is a cheapest tactic by which enemy army would remain bogged down and occupied.
2nd point is that you can not get away with 3 million massacre because of now more awareness towards human rights .
3rd point is that so called judge of human rights i.e. Western nations are with us.

Modi briefly mentions Balochistan in his Independence Day speech and everybody in Pakistan goes into a tizzy. It's almost like Pavlov'a dogs: Modi speaks, Pakistan responds.

Ironic..Pakistani leaders, generals and jihadi heads have been yapping about Kashmir for the last 68 years, and a 10 second response has them going into a mad frenzy. Just goes to show the fear factor.

What lost cause?

All India wants to do is every time Pakistan stirs up trouble in Kashmir, stir the pot a little in Baluchistan...obviously it is working just from all the hyperventilation going on in Pakistan over a single brief reference.

This should have been done long time ago instead of the aman ki tamasha nonsense for so many decades.

It is not whether India wants to do or it
By playing in proxy wars you create more human suffering than before

I agree with you. By the same logic, If you hold on to it with 80k army in Bengal then think about what we can do with 14 Lakh army in Kashmir.

Everybody knows this.But this is hardly a point.

1st Point is that it is a cheapest tactic by which enemy army would remain bogged down and occupied.
2nd point is that you can not get away with 3 million massacre because of now more awareness towards human rights .
3rd point is that so called judge of human rights i.e. Western nations are with us.

I dont see the logic there in the 2nd point since it applies both ways. Either case, Kashmir is a separate issue.

First of all most Indians don't know where Balochistan even is. Some daft Times Now reporter got confused between the geographical location of Gilgit Baltistan and Balochistan when talking to Salman Khurshid.

Modi's policy is simple - offense is the best defense. He merely wishes to highlight the internal frictions within the Pakistani state as Pakistan seeks to highlight the frictions within India and point to the hypocrisy of the Pakistani State. Now, I think he will go for the SAARC summit and try and mould himself as a peace-loving guy after ratcheting up the tension.

Compare Balochistan to the situation in BD; where Pakistan was able to effectively control an uprising with millions involved using only 80k personnel who were a mix of regulars and reserves whilst being ill equipped until the Indians intervened. Whereas Balochistan is a case of around maximum 1000 tribesmen and some intelligentsia facing a greater number of very well equipped troops and intelligence agencies.
This is a lost cause if there was ever one.

The only way this works out for India is if the US launches a peacekeeping invasion under the guise of the UN mandate and India steps in.

That is too much of a long shot with China involved and the Russians dead set against it.
What makes you think India wants to split balochistan from pakistan ? It is not even remotely possible when other stake holders like Iran which have part of balochis/territory are severely opposed to it.

Second from geo political point of view of it will be utter stupidity . Lets for argument sake say balochistan is split and pakistan becomes severely weak. It will not only doom the region to chaos but also the very next target of western powers will be India. As such India is better off letting pakistan take the pounding & focus instead of bringing the disaster upon itself.

Valid points stated by the learned author.

Indian stance towards Pakistan has always been a hostile one since independence. They've had a history of backstabbing us, be it 65 or 71. History must never be forgotten and one should remember that India never accepted / digested Pakistan and will continue to be hostile towards us.

Pakistan has to be continuously ready to not only counter this threat but capable of delivering the death blow even if it involves MAD, because only then will the baniya back off.

Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi, on August 15, 2016, said, “The people of Kashmir, Gilgit and Balochistan who haven’t seen me, who don’t know me, are praying for me.”
Yes they are praying..... for your death...A murderer deserve nothing but a painful death.

Last edited:
You are comparing It with BD- The situation in Baluchistan and NWFP of Pakistan is totally different hence the solution would be unique- It can be the porous border with Afghanistan and Iran aiding India there But for that work needs to be done If India really wants to do is the real question-

So as of now the only option is wait and watch how the CPEC unfolds- It can present opportunities If differences arise between population-
Any such will sea a two dozens of Indian cities roasted in radiation...the message is very simple and clear.

What makes you think India wants to split balochistan from pakistan ? It is not even remotely possible when other stake holders like Iran which have part of balochis/territory are severely opposed to it.

Second from geo political point of view of it will be utter stupidity . Lets for argument sake say balochistan is split and pakistan becomes severely weak. It will not only doom the region to chaos but also the very next target of western powers will be India. As such India is better off letting pakistan take the pounding & focus instead of bringing the disaster upon itself.

Your PM just said it. I dont think of it at all. Hence if anything, your PM is the one who is currently suggesting something that is utter stupidity from a geo political point of view. Whether he means it or not, whether the Indian state wishes it or not is irrelevant. He is the Prime Minister of a sovereign nation who has made the statement and for all intents and purposes; it is true.

“The people of Kashmir, Gilgit and Balochistan who haven’t seen me, who don’t know me, are praying for me.”

Height of delusions...Modi suffers form Messiah syndrome very much like Hitler.

Back
Top Bottom