What's new

India is about to spend a ridiculous $500 million on a statue in the middle of the Arabian sea

I hope it's some way into the sea and they develop it into a celebration of Maratha history with a complete package where families can take a boat ride (maybe a decent loop), good food, plays, light n sound shows, story telling, cultural crafts and activities, a day in the life and times of Cchatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Make it like a gadh (fortress) at sea. Maybe an invading naval force being repulsed. Love the Vijaydurg fort.

That would be a bad idea for the health of the family.

The water in and around Mumbai and across beaches in the city is a cesspool of faecal matter. The faecal coliform (FC) ( bacterium found in human and animal excreta) is between 100 and 1,000 times higher than a permissible limit.

Its best to keep away children from the beaches and waters around Mumbai.

It is better not to speak about the smell. Every passing year it seems to get worse. It will be a holiday from hell.

Ridiculous amount man ... on just a Statue , i am Sure Indians have many hungry mouths to feed @Joe Shearer your take ?

I'm personally a great fan of Shivaji, and simultaneously loathe the low-life who have co-opted him into their communal madness. This expenditure is beyond ridiculous.

I'm personally a great fan of Shivaji, and simultaneously loathe the low-life who have co-opted him into their communal madness. This expenditure is beyond ridiculous.

well cant say about India but in Pakistan Projects like this are Epicenter of Corruption and Kick backs .. you think the cost is high because of Corruption or Possible Corruption ?

well cant say about India but in Pakistan Projects like this are Epicenter of Corruption and Kick backs .. you think the cost is high because of Corruption or Possible Corruption ?

There is an inevitable element of graft in all public works, but it doesn't seem as if the very high prices are due to corruption. The prices are simply an outcome of the ridiculous size of the monument.

Back
Top Bottom