What's new

India, Iran discuss underwater gas line bypassing Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally found it :

OMAN TO INDIA DEEP SEA PIPELINE

Oman&
so where exactly is iran in this scheme??

You don't get it, do you?

The Pipeline is outside Pakistan's EEZ.

Even if it is in Pakistan's EEZ it will still not incur any Transit Dues.

Grow up, will you! :cheers:

I guess the one being built from Iran , might pass through Pakistan's EEZ but one from Oman (if built ) will be outside it.

You don't get it, do you?

The Pipeline is outside Pakistan's EEZ.

Even if it is in Pakistan's EEZ it will still not incur any Transit Dues.

Grow up, will you! :cheers:

i cleared my point Sir, :hitwall:

Like TechLahore mentioned, Pakistan's exclusive economic zone was extended by 50,000 square Kilomters or from 200 to 350 nautical miles. Now most of the maps showing Pakistan's Exclusive Economic zone are incorrect as this decision was taken recently and most of the sites has not updated about Pakistan's economic zone.

I am not arguing only for its transit fee. If there is not any transit fee that is fine, but what about the guarantee to the pipeline, its insurance and the maintenance costs? Is the pipeline outside the boundaries of Pakistani sea limit so that they do not require services from the Pakistan at all? - If yes please tell me its route?

iranindiagaspipeline.jpg

and the map you posted in post 74 is not about Iran-India sea gas pipeline. Its Oman-India gas pipeline which is entirely a seperate project

Like TechLahore mentioned, Pakistan's exclusive economic zone was extended by 50,000 square Kilomters or from 200 to 350 nautical miles. Now most of the maps showing Pakistan's Exclusive Economic zone are incorrect as this decision was taken recently and most of the sites has not updated about Pakistan's economic zone.

I am not arguing only for its transit fee. If there is not any transit fee that is fine, but what about the guarantee to the pipeline, its insurance and the maintenance costs? Is the pipeline outside the boundaries of Pakistani sea limit so that they do not require services from the Pakistan at all? - If yes please tell me its route?

iranindiagaspipeline.jpg

and the map you posted in post 74 is not about Iran-India sea gas pipeline. Its Oman-India gas pipeline which is entirely a seperate project

1. You still need to Grow Up!

2. When the distance from the Coasts of Two Countries is less than 700 Miles than the Zonal Boundaries are Midway between the two coasts. There, it was not that difficult to figure out! Was it? For Authentications check for EEZ Limits on Wiki….

It is a bit naïve to have the Pakistani EEZ limit on the Indian Coast! You might then have to extend India's EEZ Limit to the Pakistani Coast!

Remember in this case it is Three Countries, i.e. India, Pakistan and Oman.

3. You still need to grow up. The intention of the present envisaged pipeline is to get Natural Gas both from Iran and Qatar and bring it to the Point Ras al-Jifan.

IOW there will be spurs to Iran and Qatar.

4. The Pipeline will be maintained by the Builders and will be insured, most probably, on Lloyds or even the Chicago market.

I guess you did not read my reply to Techlahore.

EEZ is essentially International Waters, with a adjoining state having exclusive right for Oil and Gas exploration and Fishries.

Rights, jurisdiction and duties of the coastal State in the exclusive economic zone

1. In the exclusive economic zone, the coastal State has:

(a) sovereign rights for the purpose of exploring and exploiting, conserving and managing the natural resources, whether living or non-living, of the waters superjacent to the seabed and of the seabed and its subsoil, and with regard to other activities for the economic exploitation and exploration of the zone, such as the production of energy from the water, currents and winds;

(b) jurisdiction as provided for in the relevant provisions of this Convention with regard to:

(i) the establishment and use of artificial islands, installations and structures; ie oil rigs

(ii) marine scientific research;

(iii) the protection and preservation of the marine environment;

(c) other rights and duties provided for in this Convention.

Article 58, Para 1 of UNCLOS:

In the exclusive economic zone, all States, whether coastal or land-locked, enjoy, subject to the relevant provisions of this Convention, the freedoms referred to in article 87 of navigation and overflight and of the laying of submarine cables and pipelines, and other internationally lawful uses of the sea related to these freedoms, such as those associated with the operation of ships, aircraft and submarine cables and pipelines, and compatible with the other provisions of this Convention.

Under water pipelines can be insured by International onshore insurance companies. But had this pipeline been built on Pakistan's territory , then only a Pakistani insurance company can insure it or it would be under Pakistan's sovereign guarantee.

All maintenance cost will be born by India, as she is the end user.

Benny,

Are your two posted YouTube videos of the Blue Stream Pipeline!

The project is still not clear........ more details to follow.........we will see the outcome :P

The most crucial part is the tarrif India will be getting. Lets hope for the best :)

The project is still not clear........ more details to follow.........we will see the outcome :P

The most crucial part is the tarrif India will be getting. Lets hope for the best :)

Zaki Sir, You got it.

Absolutely!

So the pipeline will go from Iran to Oman and then from there to India. Sound bit too expensive.

Expensive ok. But no chance to pakistan for backmail later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom