What's new

India interested in buying 6 V22 Osprey

You are correct sir g.... humari chaader bhout choti hai .. thatz y world wants to open there manufacturing lines in India, so that poor India can afford them.:coffee:
This is actually true.

I used to have a V-22 Osprey toy as a child :D

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
This is actually true.

Glad you agreed and did not persist in derailing the thread further. See it hardly matters whether we have the money or not, it hardly matters if we are growing too big for our boots, if the US is willing to climb down on the pricing and we can buy the stuff, economies hardly matter. Your own country is a case in example ... deficit financing is prevalent in majority of nations. What makes the difference is keeping the fiscal deficit in check and not compromising on the core expenditure. Point on Point .. we are way better off than 90% of the countries today in terms of our spending capacity. But on the other hand, your own country is hard pressed in fiscal prudence and balancing. So your words are more a case of sour grapes. So if anything of use you can add, most welcome otherwise can your gripe sir.

Indian is interested in so many things since Rafael
Like 200 F 18 with complete assembly plant in India with TOT just for 40 billion USD
S-400 interested just few more billions of USD
Stealth Fighter, Apache, Chinook (more)
2 new aircraft carriers just for few more billions
and many many more waoo nice wish list
Did I hear you just say....

on fire.jpg

Last edited:
No it is amusing can i ask since you don't have money to buy Rafael etc etc Ask santa to fulfill your wish :D
Military Budget
As a ratio of the projected GDP for FY 2015-16, India’s defence expenditure is pegged at 1.74 per cent vis-a-vis 1.76 per cent in 2014-15. Of the total allocation for defense for 2015, the army will get Rs 1,04,158.95 crore, the navy Rs 15,525.64 crore, the air force Rs 23,000.09 crore, the ordnance factories Rs 2,884.23 crore, the Defence Research and Development Organisations Rs 6,570.09 crore. The remaining amount of Rs 94,588 crore has been allotted on the capital account for the acquisition of modern weapon systems, including initial payments for 126 multi-mission, medium-range combat aircraft, 197 light helicopters and 145 Ultra-light Howitzers, among others. It is well known that India plans to spend approximately US$ 100 billion over 10 years on defence modernisation.

The 10.95 per cent increase of Rs 24,357 crore from Rs 2,22,370 (Revised Estimates for FY 2014-15) to Rs 2,46,727 (US$ 39.8 billion, Budgetary Estimates for FY 2015-16) is inadequate to allow for inflation, which is ruling at about 6.0 to 7.5 per cent. The Rupee’s steady slide against the US dollar to Rs 62 to a dollar has eroded its purchasing power considerably. Annual inflation in the international prices of weapons, ammunition and defense equipment is generally between 12 to 15 per cent.

India cleared a bulk of defense projects worth $13 billion in a bid to boost the country's national defense preparedness, the Indian Defense Acquisition Council (DAC) said 25 October 2014. The council decided that six submarines will be made indigenously at a cost of about 50,000 crore rupees. It also decided to purchase 8,356 Israeli anti-tank guided missiles at a cost of 3,200 crore rupees for Indian Army. The council finalised purchase of 12 upgraded Dornier surveillance aircraft with improved sensors from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited at a cost of 1,850 crore rupees. The DAC also decided to buy 362 infantry fighting vehicles at a cost of 662 crore rupees. The decision to manufacture the submarines in the country is in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Make in India pitch saheb " vo kehte haina jiske ghar shehse ke ho vo kapde basement me bdalte hain ":p::azn::rofl:hope u understand this :enjoy:
The Economics of Defence Policy: A New Perspective - Keith Hartley - Google Books

Last edited:
No harm in wishing .......! I wish to be the king of the world too. Would you object to that? LOL ... anyways I don't know if am wrong in my reading, but more and more the chance of Indo-Pak war not occurring ever is becoming stronger. Is there some kind of understanding being reached between the 'hardline' Indian Govt and the pragmatic COAS of PA (I refer to COAS and not to the PM as until COAS gives a go ahead nothing can be done in Pakistan) over Kashmir? Suddenly a lot of off record meetings and pushing ahead with agenda ..... are we finally breaking off from the yokel of non-sensical belligerence which has ensured South Asia being one of the worst regions in terms of HDI and economic progress?

LOL...... I guarantee you that the COAS of PA is only interested in easing the pressure that India is putting on them. That is the ONLY Agenda for the talks.

The other Agenda remains training and sending Terrorists all over the world, primarily into India. That is the only thing the are good at and it is not going to end any-time soon.

damn thats expensive man

If its for RAW then I guess it is one cost we cannot avoid. Maybe US will give us a "discount" :D

First get those MRH for navy...osprey are expensive and maintenance intensive....!! But osprey based awacs for carriers and lpd would be a good addition!!
At present we were not going to deploy our carrier battle group beyond Indian ocean,not even around Chinese mainland. At the most we will keep they will be deployed in west & east coast only. We are not US navy & won't deploy our carrier group far far away from mainland, things may change after the arrival of vishal class & its follow on carriers in Indian navy.

So in my opinion instead of spending money on v22 based aew&c (remember at present there is no v22based aew&c,so if we go for v22 aewc means we have pay us money for flight testing,which will definitely be a mammoth amount) IN should go directly for two or three IAI phalcon AWACS should stationed in shore. A shore based phalcon will give coverage for our aircraft carriers. Phalcon with its gigantic scanning area can provide data for not only IN mig29s but also for many IN frigates & destroyers. Il76 based phalcon will defeat v22 on endurance also.

Back
Top Bottom