What's new

India inks $950 million deal for Russian frigates

Nope. Kolkata class is a different beast altogether. Project 15B destroyers and Project 17A frigates will have similar systems though.
you didn't understand bro, i mean frigate that is currently you're buying, have these frigates AESA on it @kaykay

Why not Admiral Gorshkov? This is the first type of Russian warship that has AESA radars.

india is now like a scavenger.

these two ships drfinitely fall behind type 54A PN is.inducting.

I don't think 054A is better than Grigorivich. Grigorivich has VLS and no AESA. 054A has VLS and no AESA.

Grigorivich has Kalibr cruise missiles. Very good against land targets as proven in Syria war.

Says the chinese whose navy's flagship is a refurbished rust bucket from a soviet junkyard :rofl:

:rofl: still far bigger far better than yours even without our EMALS one currently under construction

you didn't understand bro, i mean frigate that is currently you're buying, have these frigates AESA on it @kaykay
Nope.

Why not Admiral Gorshkov? This is the first type of Russian warship that has AESA radars.

I don't think 054A is better than Grigorivich. Grigorivich has VLS and no AESA. 054A has VLS and no AESA.

Grigorivich has Kalibr cruise missiles. Very good against land targets as proven in Syria war.

Indian version will have Brahmos instead of Kalibr.

These are essentially slightly upgraded Talwars around 4000 tonnes compared to Kolkata class which is 7400 tns.
8 Brahmos compared to 16 brahmos.1 RBU ASW launcher compared to 2. 1 helicopter compared to 2 in kolkata.1 76mm gun compared to 76mm/127mm.Russian PESA radar compared to Israeli AESA radar.24 vls 50 km range shtil-1 SAM and 2 CIWS compared to 32-64 barak-2 new gen SAM and 4 CIWS with 100km range.Both get german ACTAS active sonar add-on for sub hunting apart from built in indigeneous(for kolkata)/russian(for talwar) passive sonar.
Overall Kolkata/Vishakapatnam class is a destroyer meant to lead battle groups and are capital ships.Talwar is a versatile frigate mostly for support in CBG,increasing numbers at affordable cost and sub hunting.

Back
Top Bottom