What's new

India inks $950 million deal for Russian frigates

aik waqt aysa aya ga ka india ka ghamand (Imperiousness) zaror tuta ga INSHALLAH...

people are living like animals and they are buying weapons one day they will break like ussr if india not give people their basic rights and copy u.s and other rich countries in defence spending
No need to troll. If you don't have any thing constructive to say, the least you can do is stop derailing the thread!

people are living like animals and they are buying weapons one day they will break like ussr if india not give people their basic rights and copy u.s and other rich countries in defence spending
While India spends 2.4% of it's GDP on defense, Pakistan spends 3.6%. Now we can clearly see which country is gonna break off first because you were close to a bailout until your PM ran to Saudi with a begging bowl and most of your military equipment are on soft loans or aid

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2034rank.html

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=132

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2015/06/25/the-biggest-military-budgets-as-a-percentage-of-gdp-infographic-2/#2b20c24c4c47

Last edited:
looks impressive, but won't like from what i noticed Russian Ships are bit more bulky in looks compared to USN or EU naval ships . but anyway, will these ships replace some old Ships ? or they will be additional vessels in IN fleet ?

Kindly, avoid Trolling and responding to Pakistani posters .

looks impressive, but won't like from what i noticed Russian Ships are bit more bulky in looks compared to USN or EU naval ships . but anyway, will these ships replace some old Ships ? or they will be additional vessels in IN fleet ?

While we have a good naval shipbuilding industry and most of the recent naval platforms we've inducted recently have been designed by "Naval Design Bureau" and build in our local shipyards, these are primarily being procured for strategic purposes and also all our shipyards are packed with order for the next 5-10 years.

AFAIK, the first of the indigenously built Godavari class frigate has been decommissioned a couple of months ago and INS Ganga/INS Gomati will follow suit as they've been in service close to 40 years. This order should be to fastrack the induction process to replace the Godavari class

Well we recently decommissioned 2 of our oldest Godavari class frigates while 3rd and last one will be decommissioned soon as well so you can say that these ships( total 4) will most likely replace them. Indigenously built P17A frigates will be addition to the fleet in true sense.

Well we recently decommissioned 2 of our oldest Godavari class frigates while 3rd and last one will be decommissioned soon as well so you can say that these ships( total 4) will most likely replace them. Indigenously built P17A frigates will be addition to the fleet in true sense.

Ok, so how this Frigate or Destroyer however IN wants to call it, is different from Kolkata class ?

Ok, so how this Frigate or Destroyer however IN wants to call it, is different from Kolkata class ?
Kolkata class is an AESA destroyer with better radar systems, more firepower and range. It can also carry 2 helis.

Unfortunately...It is true...But we are living in a world where people kill each other just because we do not belong specific culture....It is applicable for all religions...I hope one day in my generations, we will see such kind of things..

Honestly speaking...i am really hopeful for new age leaders of India, Pakistan and BD....Imran Khan is a good person...And i wish Modi wins in our next election...Pakistan people might hate for obvious reason....But in order to bring peace in a region, we need politician who are politically ready to take risky decision. If Modi is reelected for next term, he will definitely try to left a legacy of his own...

Burnol_cream_20_g_preview_1024x1024.jpeg

And this one haven't an AESA, just asking
P17A frigates currently under construction in India are using MFSTAR AESA radar. I'm sure the frigates being procured from Russia will have a lot of Indian subsystems and IMO, IN will definitely install a Russian or Israeli AESA because they want these to be on-par with P17A

Back
Top Bottom