What's new

India In China’S New Assertiveness – Analysis

And yet Indians are still gloating over 71.
Anyone can win when you surround a land where people are rebelling.

but the 71 war was a fair fight wasnt it? IA did not outnumber PA except in east where the ratio was 3:1.

there was no surprise attack or sneak attack involved.

Comparing apples and oranges??? The reason Pakistan lost in 71 was not because BD was far away or there was unrest but because of the effective blockade implemented by IN and inability of PA to make inroads into India's western sector. BD never had any chance against IA since it was very thinly guarded...

ammm........WHAT?

Let me just sum up what you said and ask you if it sounds as stupid to you as it does to me.

-Pakistan didn't lose BD because of distance

-Pakistan lost because it could not get by the blockade.

Naturally the question then becomes, how did India blockade Pakistan?
Because India surrounds BD and Pakistan is on the other end.

One would even say that Pakistan lost BD because it was FAR AWAY.

If India was a country of birds, they still would have won given the situation.
hence, anyone could have won that war. So if China has nothing to brag about for 62, then India really has nothing to brag about for 71

India is a powerful nation with a lot of issues such as caste, religion, separatism (manipur), maoists etc etc. I think If another war does start between the two nations (lets hope not) China will strategically claim all of Northern India as Maoist AKA communist brothers in hand. India has much to lose and really nothing to gain. Why don't we all try to live in prosperity with our nations growth rather then Indians sword rattling the Chinese every few weeks? We Chinese do not like Sword rattling we rather tell you to stop and then decide that you have disrespected us too many times and go full out (Ask the Mongols or Manchurians). Understanding is key is it not?

but the 71 war was a fair fight wasnt it? IA did not outnumber PA except in east where the ratio was 3:1.

there was no surprise attack or sneak attack involved.

Surprise and Sneak attacks are basic tenants of war fair.
It's like cying that a bowler threw the ball to fast in cricket.

It's all part of the game

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

How is this relevant to discussion?
or were you feeling a little small after looking down the pants?

China will not fight another indecisive mountain border conflict. Instead, we will deploy our heavy armor directly to the subcontinent plains via railway links between China and Pakistan. The next lesson will be taught in New Delhi, not Southern Tibet like in 1962.
Of course in New Delhi cuz ll be signing a treaty there . And u dont ve tibet anymore in ur hands .

India is a powerful nation with a lot of issues such as caste, religion, separatism (manipur), maoists etc etc. I think If another war does start between the two nations (lets hope not) China will strategically claim all of Northern India as Maoist AKA communist brothers in hand. India has much to lose and really nothing to gain. Why don't we all try to live in prosperity with our nations growth rather then Indians sword rattling the Chinese every few weeks? We Chinese do not like Sword rattling we rather tell you to stop and then decide that you have disrespected us too many times and go full out (Ask the Mongols or Manchurians). Understanding is key is it not?

actually china is more unstable than india despite its homogenity
List of countries by Failed States Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Surprise and Sneak attacks are basic tenants of war fair.
It's like cying that a bowler threw the ball to fast in cricket.

It's all part of the game?

true. but ONLY AFTER declaring war. what china did on the other hand is akin to what japan did in pearl harbour

According to Westerners China could be #1 failed state in the world. A crumbling Western economy begging for Chinese money? ha alright we will listen and let you beg on your knees but your industries belong to us understand?

Have you not heard my dear Indian friend an old saying goes by

1949 Only Communism can save China
1979 Only capitalism can save China
1989 Only China can save Communism
2009 Only China can save capitalism

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

true. but ONLY AFTER declaring war. what china did on the other hand is akin to what japan did in pearl harbour

I understand your feelings but that is war. You don't go to your enemy and say "hey we are gong to attack you soon, just giving you a deceleration of war"

War is a massive game based on deceit and lies.
It's not nice, but neither is sending men to their deaths for this game.

I understand your feelings but that is war. You don't go to your enemy and say "hey we are gong to attack you soon, just giving you a deceleration of war"

War is a massive game based on deceit and lies.
It's not nice, but neither is sending men to their deaths for this game.

i know. but my point is that it was not a 'fair' fight. thats all

This Hong Wu guy may have to be taught a lesson by the mods ! Unfortunately mods are giving him a free hand to change the title

:welcome: 2 :pdf:

This thread is not about 71 war..so please consider it as my last reply..though more then willing to discuss it in a new thread...

ammm........WHAT?

Let me just sum up what you said and ask you if it sounds as stupid to you as it does to me.

-Pakistan didn't lose BD because of distance

-Pakistan lost because it could not get by the blockade.

Naturally the question then becomes, how did India blockade Pakistan?
Because India surrounds BD and Pakistan is on the other end.

One would even say that Pakistan lost BD because it was FAR AWAY.

If India was a country of birds, they still would have won given the situation.
hence, anyone could have won that war. So if China has nothing to brag about for 62, then India really has nothing to brag about for 71

I never said China has nothing to brag about 62...However there are very stark differences b/w 62 and 71...Don't want to get into it...Anyhow just few clarifications...

BD was never given much of teeth when it comes to defense...In short it was peace of cake for IA all the time...I hope you would agree here...but then what was holding IA??...it was PA in the west....Here are my reasons for the loss in 71 and yes distance was the least of the reason...

1. Defense of east lies in the west was the mantra of PA...That was the philosphy based on which BD defenses were ignored. Idea was that if IA venture into BD then PA will make inroads into India's western sector and thus use that as bargaining chip. However in 71 PA lost more land in western sector then it occupied...So the bargaining chip theory bite the dust.

2. In order to re-plenish their troops open sea lanes were a must for Pak...However PN was beaten hands down by IN and thus closing that route...

3. Last but not the least...Imposing bloackade, holding PA in the west and making advances in the east had to be done very swiftly...We all know the pressure being mounted on India by international forces...China was being very vocal, USA was almost ready to attack us(thanks to USSR to keep them away)...Thus practically job of PA was to hold Indian onslaught for some more time before a forced truce was re-inforced by international community. Achieving all this in just 17 days was definitely a marvel...In fact at many levels...In fact when surrender was enforced in dhaka then there were hardly 3000 IA personnels surrounding Dhaka compared to 30,000 odd counterparts..I am sure if Niazi would have been aware of the situation he would have hold his ground for some time and who knows results would have been different...

In short there is much to cheer about 71 war...In contrast 62 war was very limited war where AF, Navy were not involved...In fact it was a time when our PM Nehru was of the view then defense forces are waste of resources...However a defeat is a defeat irrespective of the reasons...One must learn from their mistakes and IA did show that in 67, and late 80's when similar(on a small scale) hostilities broke with China...

Back
Top Bottom