What's new

India Has Shut Down 37 of the World’s Biggest Coal Company’s Mines

What is the meaning of this post in this thread?
How is reducing dependency on coal related to poverty?
Are you :cuckoo:

Read his profile name once again, you should understand his reply better. :p:

Actually move on with Coal for next 20 years. Coal is bound to get cheaper and maybe with excess capacity where you can import.
I on the other hand sincerely hope India does not stupidly decide to stop building coal power plants by 2022. Currently there are lots of thermal plants under construction. The reason is we still have percentage of unelectrified villages in our country, and when the "poor" rise to "middle", his standard of living will rise and it becomes important to provide 24*7 electricity with no low voltage problems. And only Coal will help us achieve it.

Until unless the rich countries follow up on their pledge to provide renewable energy with subsidised costs, we should follow up on coal. If they are alarmed by Global warming then they need to do something instead of asking developing nations to do something. @salimpheku

Why not do the same with non polluting source ? Our coal is of low calorific value and higher ash content. We have to import coal for our thermal power plants.

If we can do it with a mixture of nuclear and renewable power, it would greatly help our air quality. The sight to chinese wearing face mask gives me the chills.

Why not do the same with non polluting source ? Our coal is of low calorific value and higher ash content. We have to import coal for our thermal power plants.

If we can do it with a mixture of nuclear and renewable power, it would greatly help our air quality. The sight to chinese wearing face mask gives me the chills.

We are importing coal cos CIL doesnt produce enough coal for our power plants though there are abundant reserves available. And I am fine with renewable energy needs provided the rich countries subsidise the technology they have as promised. They promised billions of dollars and yet nobody knows what they have done. Western companies dont get any subsidy from their respective companies to invest in developing or undeveloping world.

An average American produces more waste than 8-10 Indians make. World's largest polluter per capita person. They dont do jack. Why should we satisfy their ego when they themselves dont do anything about it. Will US subsidise their nuclear power when they build in India? No.

Am for making plants where it makes financial sense. Solar plants needs 3x more land for the power plant of thermal technology, where 3x plants can be built at the same locality. We should do on our own condition. And our cities are not good either. Its just our citizens are ignorant of the level of dust pollution we have

The reason may be the civil nuclear deals with USA and Japan. 20 years, coal and oil should be out of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom