What's new

India has drastically cut visas for Pakistanis

from the article....

45,519 Indians were issued visas by Pakistan till November this year, including 17,844 issued to Hindu, Sikh and Bohra pilgrims, and 573 business visas as compared to 39,321 in 2016.

34,445 visas for Pakistanis were issued in 2017, against 52,525 in 2016.

So more Indians visits Pakistan as of now than vice versa...against the Indians perception.
The article you quoted does give out the numbers for 2016. Apparently you missed it, so let me say it again...

In year 2016: 52,525 Pakistanis visited India against 39,321 Indians visited Pakistan. So how is that "against the perception of Indians?"

Surely this doesn't include visas Sushma aunty was giving to fake Twitter profiles through her twitter account
So we created "fake Twitter profiles" to show the world that we are giving medical visas to Pakistanis but we couldn't create fake numbers of the visas issued to the Pakistanis ?

The article you quoted does give out the numbers for 2016. Apparently you missed it, so let me say it again...

I quoted the 2017 figures of visitors from both countries, even your given figures for 2016 hasn't got the numbers to get the perception that few Indians visit Pakistan...or no one visits.

Actually what I concurred is many people here in Pakistan hasn't applied for Indian visas(for a number of reasons), how can one get to know about it?? Foreign ministries in India Pak must have the numbers how many have applied for the visas.

The numbers here applying for the Indian visas has reduced drastically and this is the main reason, more than the reason mentioned in the article, this the the other side of the story...many reasons for that.

I quoted the 2017 figures of visitors from both countries, even your given figures for 2016 hasn't got the numbers to get the perception that few Indians visit Pakistan...or no one visits.

Actually what I concurred is many people here in Pakistan hasn't applied for Indian visas(for a number of reasons), how can one get to know about it?? Foreign ministries in India Pak must have the numbers how many have applied for the visas.

The numbers here applying for the Indian visas has reduced drastically and this is the main reason, more than the reason mentioned in the article, this the the other side of the story...many reasons for that.
You came to know about 2017 data TODAY.

Before TODAY, 2016 data was the latest one which Indians relied on. And according to 2016 data (mentioned in the article), more Pakistanis visited India than vice versa. So the perception of Indians wasn't incorrect after all, isn't it?

So we created "fake Twitter profiles" to show the world that we are giving medical visas to Pakistanis but we couldn't create fake numbers of the visas issued to the Pakistanis ?

Don't know but several accounts that keep on asking Sushma visas are dubious.

You came to know about 2017 data TODAY.

from the article...you posted.

NEW DELHI: India said on Wednesday it cut visas to Pakistan drastically this year, issuing 18,000 fewer visas than in 2016, while Pakistan’s mission said it issued at least 6,000 more visas than before.

The Hindu quoted Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju as telling parliament on Tuesday that 34,445 visas for Pakistanis were issued in 2017, against 52,525 in 2016.

The reduced figures came despite several exceptional medical visas granted by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj after requests made to her on twitter.

The Pakistan High Commission officials told The Hindu that 45,519 Indians were issued visas by Pakistan till November this year, including 17,844 issued to Hindu, Sikh and Bohra pilgrims, and 573 business visas as compared to 39,321 in 2016.

Why does PIA insist on flying to Bombay and Delhi, when not a single Indian carrier could be bothered to fly to pakistan?

All Staff on these flights are ISI, no biggie....PIA can stop going to USA destinations but they will to continue to go to india.

35000 is not less by any standards when there is perpetual war imposed on India. Also with pakistan rapidly progressing with CPEC seems like they will be able to get chinese medical facilities in pakistan bigger cities, chinese are already opening hospitals thr.
Also when we say that people to people interactions will suffer between two countries this is very wrong in internet's age.
I interact with 10s of pakistanis daily here on PDF...

We'd also keep Visas for Bangladesh in check because there are more than enough radicals there who can do their jobs from getting instructions from their masters in Pakistan.

If you remove religious pilgrims, it will be less number of Indians visit your country
Half of our visitors are religious pilgrims as well. Pakistani Sikhs, Hindus go for pilgrimage in India; there are even many Muslims that go to India to visit sites of important sufi saints.

pakistanis and bangladeshis are one and the same to us. So it makes no difference. Most of the terrorist infiltration takes place from indo-bangla border and after attacks they flee back to bases in bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom