What's new

India has become safer under Manmohan Singh.

BE6HhuWCcAAuBz_.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
@axisofevil We had a great opportunity when OBL was found in Pakistan. Entire world community could be taken at our side. But this idiot UPA and their Aman ki Asha, gave statements like Hindu terrorism and now this jehad** from India.

We are already paying price of Nehru and then Dalai Lama causing rift in Indo-China relations. I mean what's the point of giving refuge to Dalai Lama. It gave excuse for China and hence a setback for us.

I don't think that way buddy. Consider there are three brothers. 1st is China, 2nd India and 3rd Dalai Lama. 1st brother is going to harm 3rd brother. 3rd brother goes to 2nd brother and asks for refuge. 2nd brother has made a ethic that it will provide refuge to any person if that person will not misuse it. It can even give its life for this cause. Now the life of 3rd person is saved, he can maintain his identity.

Now what is wrong with this approach. It's in our blood that we follow it till our last heart beat. Perhaps you forgot the rule of Raghukul mate.

Raghukul Riti Sada Chali Aayi, Praan Jaye Per Bachan Na Jayi.

I have personally nothing against China or for the matter any country and never will be in future. Because I believe every country follow their own distinctive set of rules either related to historical matters and they look for their own profit, be it India, China or any other country. This is ours rule.

honestly speaking, India must do more to provide a safer place for citizens.

India is safe. Correct but not like the author has stated.

There were two entities which were responsible for most of the blood bath in our country.
Maoism and Naxalism, Pakistan.

Now Naxal attack frequency is down because they expanded their area of operations well beyond the effective range within a short span of time. So they were not able to neither sustain their operations nor able to save themselves from the security forces. Wo ek kahawat hai na ki jitni chaadar ho, utna hi pair phailana chahiye.

Now if you observe since last few years Pakistan is suffering from its own terror problem. So its agencies are not able to focus on India properly, that's why there agents are being picked up so easily. I have no disregard for our agencies but simply they are no match against their agencies(in only one condition when their agencies are able to focus on India fully.) and I believe that our agencies are giving them no time to regain their focus for now.

In my opinion these are the two reason because of which India is more secured compared to the earlier times. No political or security excellent work done here, they are doing their job just fine.

@RISING SUN:
Beg to differ on your second point.Pakistan is a victim of terrorism for many years.But still it did not stop its non-state actors to spread terror in India.On the other hand we are still doing nothing on the growing disease called "wahabism".We don't know how deep it has been gone in our society.The government should awake now otherwise days of thunders are not far away,my friend.

@RISING SUN:
Beg to differ on your second point.Pakistan is a victim of terrorism for many years.But still it did not stop its non-state actors to spread terror in India.On the other hand we are still doing nothing on the growing disease called "wahabism".We don't know how deep it has been gone in our society.The government should awake now otherwise days of thunders are not far away,my friend.

Mate you are indirectly agreeing with me if you don't know it. I didn't said that it stopped supporting and helping to Jihadis. And I fully agree that yes it's suffering from terror from very long time. But only in recent times(probably after 2005-08) terror has gone up many times compared to past situation. So now security agencies have to allocate more resources in containing them. So they are left with lesser resources to penetrate Indian defense umbrella. And this favors us. So we are safer in this condition than the opposite condition.

Mate you are indirectly agreeing with me if you don't know it. I didn't said that it stopped supporting and helping to Jihadis. And I fully agree that yes it's suffering from terror from very long time. But only in recent times(probably after 2005-08) terror has gone up many times compared to past situation. So now security agencies have to allocate more resources in containing them. So they are left with lesser resources to penetrate Indian defense umbrella. And this favors us. So we are safer in this condition than the opposite condition.
ISI's mode of operation in India has changed for the last 12/13 years or so,specifically after 9/11.Instead of direct support to Kashmiri militants they are now concentrating more on the mainstream youths of India. If you look at Indian Mujahidin's case,these people are not illiterate,nor economically deprived.But ISI's foreign cell has been successful to convince these youths. The situation is not same as it was before.

BEsPFAhCIAALvdX.jpg

Modi was presented with a US Congressional record copy, congratulating him. How many Indian CMs got such an applause?

BE2s3NyCIAAW9GP.jpg

This is what happens when people of Uttar Pradesh vote for the super "secular" Samajwadi Party

Union Minister announces Rs 46L compensation to slain Hemraj`s family

Khairair: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and announced that the government will provide Rs 46 lakh compensation to the slain jawan's kin.

Singh reached the house of Lance Naik Hemraj at the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, in the afternoon and spoke to the family.

"The government will give Rs 46 lakh. We are also talking to other ministries so that the family get a petrol pump," the Minister of State for Defence told reporters here.

Condemning the beheading of Hemraj by Pakistani troops in strongest terms, Singh said the government demands that Pakistan should stop violating the ceasefire.

PTI

Poor Jawan has died making his poor widow richer and yet "Nationalist" Sanghis always moan about the supposed favoritism bequeathed to the select pampered citizens aka muslims...

Guys we must not let our own political inclinations cloud out judgment on every issue. Credit where credit is due, the UPA is bound to have done some good somewhere, in the same way you have to give MMS a lot of credit for the 2008 nuke deal.

Just to be the devil's advocate I must say that this could be a simple case of corroboration doesn't equal causation. The UPA might have just had a good term on this front because of factors out if their control ie Pakistan looking more toward the Western front and to their own domestic issues and not looking at creating problems in India.

Addtionally it has to be said that as the majority of terror-related deaths came out of Kashmir, as violence has reduced in the Valley thanks mostly to the IA, JK police and CAPFs, then the picture inherently looks much rosier for the UPA.

If one wants to be more critical you could say the most audacious terror attack carried out since 9/11 happened on the UPA's watch.

All in all though I'd say it is irrelevant who is in power, most GoI have been far, FAR too weak on the terror front and this is an area all subsequent Govts need to seriously address. Terrorism is a bi-partisan constant in India and it will be present no matter who is in power.

And regardless of what you guys think, IMHO MMS is one of the finest PMs India has had since its creation. He has shown exceptional wisdom and vision throughout his career even before he was PM. I think we'd struggle to find a Prime minister in India's history who has contributed more to his nation consistantly throughout their professional career. He has always carried himself in a proffesional manner and has been an excellent ambassador to India on the world stage.

I'm sure we can all agree that if he had not been born, India would be poorer for it.

agreed............

If you say geopolitical conditions are responsible for peace in Kashmir one could say that Geo Political reasons are responsible for increased bomb blasts during 2005-2008 as ISI had to use terrorists groups in India as it was longer capable of supporting the so called Kashmir Jihad in a large manner.

By geo-political conditions I meant the closure of the training camps in P-O-K which caused a great deal of reduction in the jehad in Kashmir. While that is documented fact, it is still an insinuation that ISI was behind them the terror acts in mainland.

Let us not act like the Paks in blaming external hand in everything. We have a home grown problem and we have to recognize that. Unlike the violence in Kashmir which is clearly supported by Pak, the domestic front is more because of our local jehadis.

And the govt has clearly failed to act on the front because it might hurt their electoral prospects. It has also failed to pre-empt them and also sucessfully identify and convict the perperators.

BTW if we compare UPA-2 with NDA we will see that in 2000-2003 119 died in terror attacks outside J&K and NE compared to 81 in terror attacks between 2009-Feb 2013.

Why what happened to UPA I ? They were also UPA right..that was also led by Manmohan right ?

206 people died in one train blast in 2006, in Mumbai. That alone is more than the entire killed in the NDA regime.

Poor Jawan has died making his poor widow richer and yet "Nationalist" Sanghis always moan about the supposed favoritism bequeathed to the select pampered citizens aka muslims...

Miyan.. the guy who died was an army soldier..it was the duty of the Govt to extend whatever it can to help him. How is that doing the family a favor ? Also the article was telling about the behaviour of the Akilesh Govt..not the central govt..stop mixing issues.

Nationalist sanghis rightly bemoan the favoritism that is extended to muslims in form of reservations and minority(muslim) specific scholarships (at the same time denying the hindu minority in J&K and NE the same things), the shifting of the blame for the pathetic social conditions of the muslims to alleged discrimination by majority, and the increasing diktats that is being given to the police about not arresting "innocent muslims" which is blatant interference in the police functioning. If the police could identify innocent from guilty why we have courts ?

Back
Top Bottom