What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

Some of our deshi made products i hope you like it :)
284871_4360782059560_909988530_n.jpg
961765_10203162033286238_428364976_n.jpg
10450929_711797238882175_3537491041595382613_n.jpg
10500341_10201759451067350_8631346063886862482_n.jpg
10488311_952468221430088_3951969396048528442_n.jpg
542306_2981785038217_706724431_n.jpg
10885178_732385230211724_3989180415828434170_n.jpg
970148_352691568186806_771689071_n.jpg

Bhai Shimz. Chhaira Dao.

Aar 'Pissing Contest' koira faida nai. :-)

Ogorey khepaiya ki luv?

It's not the Indian manufacturers' fault. It is their govt. that keeps giving us a billion dollars worth of credit every six months supposedly as 'bakshish' to our govt. (but really to stimulate their own economy) which means we have to go to India and spend it on something. Just happens that this means buses and railway equipment which is cheap and low quality. Even if you asked for higher quality they could not give it to you. That market does not exist in India.

Indian buses are not all up to International standard yet. Their body quality improved (I'd say leapfrogged ahead) only after they made JV's with spanish bus mfrs. (Irizar etc.). Both Tata and TVS did this. Maybe others too.

But Tata and TVS have the same sub-par power train in Tata and TVS buses. Body quality only goes so far. No offense Indian brothers. Just what you are stuck with because your Indian manufacturers want to cut corners.

In Bangladesh we can have better powertrain options (HINO, HYUNDAI, VOLVO, SCANIA, MAN, DEUTZ, even Chinese, which all have better and more modern power-train option than Indian products) - even if it costs a few dollars more. Bus Manufacturers and Bus-riders here are willing to pay for it. They universally look down on Indian buses because they need more maintenance (low quality parts). It is very bad PR and continues to this day.

India is a large country. They can do JV's easily because of economies-of-scale. We can too but we have to do it for export because our local demand is very small. We need to look for JV's with Korea and China for example, maybe even Japan to grow our industry to be competitive and viable.

Our buses are great for our uses and what people want. Couple of decades ago (in the License-Raj period) most Indians could not even think of riding on these types of buses. Our luxury buses came in decades earlier than in India but we have to improve as well.

Their economy has grown faster so they can afford better buses. As our economy grows we can afford even better buses.

Last edited:
even the non a/c buses or chair coach as we call them, are far more luxurious then crap and cramped a/c buses build by ashok.only thing they lack in luxury is an a/c.:agree: and buying daweoo was good decision,as TATA was habituated to build the crapiest vehicles in the world. :rolleyes:

The pictures of your "Luxuries" buses didn't corroborate your claim. :)

What seriously? Are you ok brother? :D
It kills the cost alot.....it gives a chance to the bus to get back in it's own shape again if it face any accident! Plz we are not Indian that you can compare with us and yes i have seen alot of your local's creation and sorry to say there was nothing except copying scania and volvo coaches! Look at Malaysia they are bringing the chassis and making body locally! The buses looks way attractive then your's so called attractive Scania and volvo's....First know then speak & don't drive it reverse tho! Look at them ;) ! Deshi Made Bodies on Scania,Hino,MitsubishiView attachment 221440 View attachment 221441 View attachment 221442 View attachment 221443

Honestly, what is so extraordinary about them? :)

Lets Be a bit more realistic here,India has gotten Scania and volvo &nothing else :D(TRUE) (Even i can comment without knowing like you) :D

I never claimed that, but some Bangladeshis are claiming that they are "habituated" only in Mercedes and Volvo.

You make a laugh everytime :D
Check out our scenario of early 2000(Daewoo,Isuzu,Mercedes benz double decker,Volvo,Volvo double decker,Scania,Man)
Lets not compare with present goods cause you are gonna lack and that wouldn't look good(Compare means not with the numbers cause you are 10 times bigger than us thus even we don't need vast amount of vehicals like you)
Yeah its normal for outsiders to call poor but remember money doesn't affect much when you know the techniques toView attachment 221470 View attachment 221471 View attachment 221473 View attachment 221474 View attachment 221475 View attachment 221478 View attachment 221479 View attachment 221480

I really don't know about that techno....!You get cause everything you get made in India whereas in our country few things we import and thus causes accerleration to the price tag! If the price could have been little less then i could show you some more beasts

soon i will post some more pictures for our indian brothers

Again, what is so extraordinary about them? :)

Only the body, Bangladesh doesn't make buses! :)

When I'm talking low quality - this is what I mean. This is a mid-range Indian truck (Tata) and it collided with a tiny Japanese Microbus. The front axle broke in two and the windshield broke open. Am I making this up? I hope I was.

Axles are supposed to be Drop Forged items. Not made of low quality monkey-metal or pot-metal (recycled scrap metal).

Such cost-cutting pervades every phase of Indian manufacture.

03_Accident_Bagerhat_150515_0002.jpg

This is called 'Aa Bail Mujhe Maar'. They'll take the buses and then abuse us for giving them and god forbid even a tire bursts, they'll go over town telling we're dumping low quality stuff on them. This is a lose lose proposition all around.

I think $2 billion of soft loan @1.75% or 2% for 20 years has been granted TWICE! Out of that $200 million has been converted to pure grant, waste of money, that too $4 billion, should have given it to Vietnam! :)

When I'm talking low quality - this is what I mean. This is a mid-range Indian truck (Tata) and it collided with a tiny Japanese Microbus. The front axle broke in two and the windshield broke open. Am I making this up? I hope I was.

Axles are supposed to be Drop Forged items. Not made of low quality monkey-metal or pot-metal (recycled scrap metal).

Such cost-cutting pervades every phase of Indian manufacture.

03_Accident_Bagerhat_150515_0002.jpg

Yeah, it depends upon the speed, that's why a tiny flying object in space can be deadly for a spaceship.

Cuz you are just another buttheart Indian.:)

No, it's because you are another butthurt bragging Bangladeshi who talks big with a begging bowl. :)

Some time back one of your ministers visited India for getting the next tranche of soft loan. :)

And before that they pitched for converting the soft loan to pure grant!! :)

Yeah, it depends upon the speed, that's why a tiny flying object in space can be deadly for a spaceship.

True that, the microbus was running at few lightyears/hour. I just hope the microbus driver is punished well for damaging such an invaluable national property like the Tata truck!

Most of those buses will be grounded soon.We experienced it before.Indian maal always su*ks. :mad: :/
Multiple problems with newly imported indian buses, are grounded now

Have you read that thread, to start with, let's check your ex-moderator's comment.

No wonder I haven't been seeing them lately. Hey, at least they look pretty good.

A colleague of mine rode on one of those. He said they were very comfortable compared other buses. Especially those private operators :sick:

Come now @idune there are better threads to open up than this. Though I admit, Bangladesh's public transport system need an overhaul.

Just to burst the bubble............!! :)

The pictures of your "Luxuries" buses didn't corroborate your claim. :)

Honestly, what is so extraordinary about them? :)

I never claimed that, but some Bangladeshis are claiming that they are "habituated" only in Mercedes and Volvo.
Yeah they can claim or like half of the population of our country can claim cause you see the country is a really tiny one even brands like volvo,scania &Mercedes they are here for a decade and also we provide our service with benz,scania,volvo etc almost everywhere across the country so no problem or nothing to be fake if someone says that....Look to develop whole bangladesh it will take a little time but to develop whole india i will take ages so i hope we can stand up too soon ;)

Again, what is so extraordinary about them? :)
This are the product of a country where rest of the world claim "POOR" because of cooraption! We are never in short of something! Yeah i agree our country is small thus mayb we lack in some facilities

Only the body, Bangladesh doesn't make buses! :)
Yeah same here for corona! They just build the body and the engine is by cummins,no matter if they settle down the engine parts in India but still it stays as a body maker and nothing further then this! :) Look above i have comment below each of your questions ^^^^^

True that, the microbus was running at few lightyears/hour. I just hope the microbus driver is punished well for damaging such an invaluable national property like the Tata truck!

A head on collision at 60 kilometers only can be really devastating for any vehicle.

Yeah same here for corona! They just build the body and the engine is by cummins,no matter if they settle down the engine parts in India but still it stays as a body maker and nothing further then this! :) Look above i have comment below each of your questions ^^^^^

We have plenty of heavy vehicle manufacturers. :)

No, it's because you are another butthurt bragging Bangladeshi who talks big with a begging bowl. :)

Some time back one of your ministers visited India for getting the next tranche of soft loan. :)

And before that they pitched for converting the soft loan to pure grant!! :)
Looks like you are ignorant in the field of political economy too.:)
Don't loose your hope,you will do better.:)

A head on collision at 60 kilometers only can be really devastating for any vehicle.

We have plenty of heavy vehicle manufacturers. :)
Yeah no doubt cause when you have some well renowned companies(VOLOV,SCANIA) working in the country then its obvious for some others/locals to get that touch and technology to start indivisually and i think that's how other's car manufacturer took birth in India!Even we are looking for one to come then we will be giving competition! Our country is small you see and also our govt is so nothing and something like i heard some car manufacturer came to Bangladesh a very long time ago but due to some land giving reason they went away... Sutlej is one of the quality body builder in India! To be true leaving 2-3 companies rest of your's body builders are nothing else then just copying and destroying the look later on! We always try to maintain our standard on all type of buses and our buese undoubtly looks far more attractive to be true cause havn't seen much creative body making rather then justc copying and i also agree we also copy some times but not so frequent!

Looks like you are ignorant in the field of political economy too.:)
Don't loose your hope,you will do better.:)

Can teach you that! :) Bangladesh will turn into a radicalized Islamic country once BNP+Jamat come to power, that looks inevitable, and all the goodwill will be washed away! Vietnam is a better bet.

Back
Top Bottom