What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

Couple more...

1008183_144368609087784_2084969469_o.jpg

1015844_144365995754712_198528313_o.jpg
Yeah They have started since 2013 or 2014
The Demand has went up high
Desh Travel's Hyundai came directly from korea(410HP) not like got assembled
This 410hp one can run upto 150-160 and often passengers or bus lovers spottede doing 160 on 2 lane roads
The White and blue patter one is CKD
The one which has been assembled (340 HP)
This one is under Yello line right now
Relax,Yello line,Dipjol Enterprise have gotten The assembled which comes with 340 hp package and cost little lower than you bring it directly from korea
HYUNDAI UNIVERSE NOBLE CBU(410HP) COST AROUND 1.8CR
HYUNDAI UNIVERSE NOBLE CKD OR ASSELBLED ONE (340) COST AROUND 1.2-1.4
INITIALLY THE ASSEMBLED PACKAGE CAME WITH 340HP PACKAGE BUT AN OPERATOR,DIPJOL HAS DEMANDED TO BRING 410HP HYUNDAI IN CKD FORM OR ASSEMBLED WAY
ALOT MORE COMING FROM ME BUT DUE TO THE LACK OF TIME I CAN'T REPLY TIME TO TIME

Great Post and Thanks for all the pictures!

It is only in India that you can get economical AC coaches for general government use (BRTC) like this for say ~US$50,000.

The local heavy luxury coaches (much more expensive) have been in use in Bangladesh in the early nineties - way before Tata and TVS tied up with Spanish bus manufacturers and started making low floor and special Euro-design buses. The Indian 1-Billion dollar credit was sitting around and the Govt. was dumbfounded on what to order from India because past experience (no offense) of ordering Taxis, Railway coaches and buses has been pretty dismal (It's a matter of record if you need to know). Finally - they settled on some economical AC coaches and some special Railway Locomotives from CLW to avail of the Indian credit.

Last year - a whole tranche of the credit was still lying unused. The Railways were vehemently against importing Indian coaches and locos because historically there have been so many issues. This is fact. Everyone knows this in Bangladesh.

If you ask me - our experience in Bangladesh with this type of credit is that eventually it ends up benefiting only the donor country and the productivity within that country. So TVS/Tata/AshokLeyland and DLW/CLW will gain but not our industry locally. Bangladesh in my opinion was definitely capable of building this type of bus in the eighties or earlier. Our buses made locally at Pragati Industries in Chittagong since the seventies exceeded Indian bus quality (of the same type) by several degrees. Only recently (last decade), Ashok Leyland and Tata buses have come up in quality and design.

However the numbers needed locally cannot support the cost of tooling etc. If we only need 300 buses of this type every year then it doesn't make sense to come up with bus frames and panel pressings. India is a bigger country and their bus market is a lot larger.

Today Bangladesh is self-sufficient in a lot of things - meaning electronics (fridges, TV's, cellphones) as well as Motorcycles and small farm equipment. We will never buy imported motorcycle or fridges anymore unless they are super high-end ones. In fact we are already exporting those in significant numbers overseas. So,

a) Our export basket is already more than just Garments
b) No amount of credit will make us buy imported fridges or motorcycles.

I am very surprised why they had to import these. I believe we should have,

a) Negotiated a better price by at least assembling them locally
b) Told a local auto major like Nitol to work with Tata on doing this which they are already doing.

Luxury Coaches made and used in Bangladesh on imported Japanese, Swedish or German (HINO, MAN, SCANIA, VOLVO, MBZ) chassis used by private bus lines like Shohagh, Hanif et al cost way more. I'd say the cost of Bangladeshi coaches made here (especially the three axle ones) is about three times as much circa US$150,000 or so. Can't get those for US$50,000.

I believe the type of person that rides Shohagh or Hanif Coaches belong to a totally different customer base than the BRTC Indian coaches which are used by the 'Aam Janta'. BRTC is the equivalent of the 'Ghareeb Rath' of Indian Railways, A/C included or not. Hence the plain seats ordered by BRTC if that clears it up.

US$50,000.=39 LAKHS :D This buses will never cost atleast less than 50 lakhs taka and i heard something like it costed 70 lakhs each whereas in bangladesh within 50-60 lacs ac buses can be build of hino/isuzu etc which will be of better comfort and oviously better performance..more reliability ..The varriant i have showed you is of the most developed one but this doesn't mean that we got only this one rather according to the demand and price any type of buses can be build in bangladesh and the thing is which most of the people doesn't even know...BD's people riding in ac coaches of volvohino/isuzu for more than a decade and we have always introduced some new brnads in the market like Lets know talk about hino isuzu cause even i don't know when first they started in ac sector so volvo entered in 2001-2002 scania,man entered 2004-2005(first in southeast asia) Mercedes benz in 2007-2008 Hyundai in 2010 Daewoo in 2012 Hahah! Nothing like that and numbers are not big factor and support is nothing to worry... Its like you pay and you get and don't doubt on our quality its always good and has proven long lasting and hino is most preferable for long routes rather than isuzu..al etc scania chassis came from brazil ;) Look in our country people mostly ride on our trusted private companies which are dominating most....All type of people travels on sp,gl,dt,nt(scania hyundai benz volvo etc) and not like people are of different background who travels on brtc al and scania's of some other operator and often people go by brtc when they don't get ticket in private operators..brtc also has some good sides to notice,they offer more destinations then anyone else in ac segment so they are popular in some routes too and not like the fare difference is too high rather few hundered's up and down...they cost little more cause they have valid reasons cause scania volvo benz etc has more brand value,better quality bus,smooth ride,specious and safety unlike the brtc who failed to show this and i mean to say the way they treat the buses..people just don't like to ride on those

Last edited:
Whoa! What happened?

I do need to know
They ended up in the junk yard 3 years in average,though they were supposed to be on the road for ten years.Bangladesh Railway deems Indian engine and coaches as "ghost of white elephant" as they are too much maintenance intensive.Even the parliament got too hot over this imported vehicle and railway engines, that The Speaker of the house had to hastily call for a tea break.BD had to go with zero taxi service for more than a decade because the transportation companies demanded gov. incentives to get over with the losses and gov. wasn't simply ready to give them that.

Last edited:
Great Post and Thanks for all the pictures!

It is only in India that you can get economical AC coaches for general government use (BRTC) like this for say ~US$50,000.

The local heavy luxury coaches (much more expensive) have been in use in Bangladesh in the early nineties - way before Tata and TVS tied up with Spanish bus manufacturers and started making low floor and special Euro-design buses. The Indian 1-Billion dollar credit was sitting around and the Govt. was dumbfounded on what to order from India because past experience (no offense) of ordering Taxis, Railway coaches and buses has been pretty dismal (It's a matter of record if you need to know). Finally - they settled on some economical AC coaches and some special Railway Locomotives from CLW to avail of the Indian credit.

Last year - a whole tranche of the credit was still lying unused. The Railways were vehemently against importing Indian coaches and locos because historically there have been so many issues. This is fact. Everyone knows this in Bangladesh.

If you ask me - our experience in Bangladesh with this type of credit is that eventually it ends up benefiting only the donor country and the productivity within that country. So TVS/Tata/AshokLeyland and DLW/CLW will gain but not our industry locally. Bangladesh in my opinion was definitely capable of building this type of bus in the eighties or earlier. Our buses made locally at Pragati Industries in Chittagong since the seventies exceeded Indian bus quality (of the same type) by several degrees. Only recently (last decade), Ashok Leyland and Tata buses have come up in quality and design.

However the numbers needed locally cannot support the cost of tooling etc. If we only need 300 buses of this type every year then it doesn't make sense to come up with bus frames and panel pressings. India is a bigger country and their bus market is a lot larger.

Today Bangladesh is self-sufficient in a lot of things - meaning electronics (fridges, TV's, cellphones) as well as Motorcycles and small farm equipment. We will never buy imported motorcycle or fridges anymore unless they are super high-end ones. In fact we are already exporting those in significant numbers overseas. So,

a) Our export basket is already more than just Garments
b) No amount of credit will make us buy imported fridges or motorcycles.

I am very surprised why they had to import these. I believe we should have,

a) Negotiated a better price by at least assembling them locally
b) Told a local auto major like Nitol to work with Tata on doing this which they are already doing.

Luxury Coaches made and used in Bangladesh on imported Japanese, Swedish or German (HINO, MAN, SCANIA, VOLVO, MBZ) chassis used by private bus lines like Shohagh, Hanif et al cost way more. I'd say the cost of Bangladeshi coaches made here (especially the three axle ones) is about three times as much circa US$150,000 or so. Can't get those for US$50,000.

I believe the type of person that rides Shohagh or Hanif Coaches belong to a totally different customer base than the BRTC Indian coaches which are used by the 'Aam Janta'. BRTC is the equivalent of the 'Ghareeb Rath' of Indian Railways, A/C included or not. Hence the plain seats ordered by BRTC if that clears it up.

Bus body makers cannot be called bus manufacturers, these are small-scale industries with far lower level of technical expertise compared to the bus manufacturers who make the engine, chasis or gear boxes! We also have hundreds, probably thousands of such bus body makers in India who build different kinds of bodies and interiors as per the order, but they don't get counted among the Indian bus manufacturers like Tata, Ashok Leyland, Essar, Mahindra, Corona, etc.

Second, Bangladeshi TV or Mobile phone companies basically sell imported products, maybe with partial assembling done in Bangladesh. This is also the case for India, barring maybe a handful like Videocon who makes many of their parts themselves. Only now we are moving towards manufacturing of electronics.

And I think Indian two-wheelers sell well in Bangladesh.

:)

Bus body makers cannot be called bus manufacturers, these are small-scale industries with far lower level of technical expertise compared to the bus manufacturers who make the engine, chasis or gear boxes! We also have hundreds, probably thousands of such bus body makers in India who build different kinds of bodies and interiors as per the order, but they don't get counted among the Indian bus manufacturers like Tata, Ashok Leyland, Essar, Mahindra, Corona, etc.

You've got to start somewhere. There's such a thing called volume. And our volume is a lot smaller than India's. However I don't see hundreds of body manufacturers in India making 2.5 or 3 crore luxury buses. The number is a bit smaller.

Second, Bangladeshi TV or Mobile phone companies basically sell imported products, maybe with partial assembling done in Bangladesh. This is also the case for India, barring maybe a handful like Videocon who makes many of their parts themselves. Only now we are moving towards manufacturing of electronics.

True, Volume here as well. Can't go for backward integration unless volume calls for it (for export like in China).

And I think Indian two-wheelers sell well in Bangladesh.

:)

Yes. Bajaj has 45~60% of marketshare. They started early. But latecomer locals like Runner and Walton are catching up. No option without local manufacture of engines and other criticals.

In any case we are getting off the subject.

935260_10200462840565342_1367361431_n.jpg
11216054_987849404560717_1429536524_n.jpg
1aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
1aaabbccx.JPG
1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
These are some of our deshi made bodies^^^.....I know the number in India is huge but sorry to say that except copying scania volvo i didn't see anything different bodies from your local companies....except the chassis....all fitting interior and exterior are handled by the workshops yeah i know engine is one of the main things but InshAllah Someday we will give competition with this! Our deshi made interior are enough to beat those which comes with scania's and volvo's in India...POur seats are way comfortable(Deshi made seats) Interior undoublty imported and looks are way better and performance firstclass ofc....410HP...380HP...360HP Monsters are always racing in every corner of the country so no doubt and maintenance is superb even though not having any volvo or scania factory in the country scania's are still running so fast and smooth even after running more than 10 years on the roads ;) I didn't find anything in pakistan to compare with ours and didn't look to go forward on sri lanka's bus scanario but i believe BD is one of the strong contender in southeast asia....Its not the numbers which should be count cause you can't look to see any many buses as India has in BD cause the country is small etc Its the look and quality i hope that clears everything ;)

Last edited:
????? Like cars even bus prices are exorbitant in Bangladesh?
No not much...like in India volvo b9r cost around 1.5cr taka but when you bring one here it cost almost double like 2.5-3 cr...Most of the companies does the same thing,bring chassis and put deshi body on it which reduces the cost a lot except hyundai currently no more buses coming like completely build form thus can't tell you the imported price of scania or benz etcSome new man and scania coaches hitting the road soon with deshi body ;)..Hyundai is right now on its peak of buisness The cost is affordable,Smart interior 410hp monster and with this boy some drivers often run at 150-160 on 2 lane roads which makes the journey short sometimes ;)

No not much...like in India volvo b9r cost around 1.5cr taka but when you bring one here it cost almost double like 2.5-3 cr...Most of the companies does the same thing,bring chassis and put deshi body on it which reduces the cost a lot except hyundai currently no more buses coming like completely build form thus can't tell you the imported price of scania or benz etcSome new man and scania coaches hitting the road soon with deshi body ;)..Hyundai is right now on its peak of buisness The cost is affordable,Smart interior 410hp monster and with this boy some drivers often run at 150-160 on 2 lane roads which makes the journey short sometimes ;)

I mean a fully finished high-end luxury AC buses of global brands like Volvo or Mercedes Benz would cost around INR 1 cr. or less, that's why I asked. Check here: Bus Prices in India | Indian New bus Price Lists | Exshowroom On Road Prices of buses

If you spend more, then you can get something custom made for you, like these. :)

DC's Luxuria redefines bus travel ! | ZigWheels.com

DC Designs | First Class | New Super Luxury Bus | In Images - DriveSpark

chatra league will burn them after hasina family departs to India after losing the election

@ Election ! What election you are talking ??? "Wo din gai ?"

Token of love from India to Hasina Didi and Bangladeshi Brothers. Long live India-Bangladesh Friendship. :pop:

@ Token of love ! my foot !!!!!!! We are habituation in "Mercedes & Volvo buses of Europe".

@ These buses wil be the easy target in the next political agitation ? Easy to hit and burn. Good ! good !

@ " Kothai Agartola ar kothai khater tola ".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom