What's new

India: Half a dollar a day 'adequate', says panel

Thats just a sweeping statement. If my state Kerala is taken as an example I can say that India has only negligible rate of poverty..but Kerala is not India as Punjab is not Pakistan.

In India the overall poverty figures are skewed by states like UP, Bihar, MP. Even in my state Karnataka poverty rates are negligible

Thats just a sweeping statement. If my state Kerala is taken as an example I can say that India has only negligible rate of poverty..but Kerala is not India as Punjab is not Pakistan.

I think our strong agriculture insures that rural Punjabi's, Sindhi's etc are not poor, the govt gives a very good price for cash crops such as wheat and cotton.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Pakistani Punjab is about 55% of the population.

That's far too less man, 5000 is poor IMHO.

Education is free,free meal in schools for kids,one gets food in cheap price with ration card...hell you can afford DTH in india in less than 5000 per month
M_Id_178709_Slum.jpg

only problem is with food items like fruits and milk

Education is free,free meal in schools for kids,one gets food in cheap price with ration card...hell you can afford DTH in india in less than 5000 per month

only problem is with food items like fruits and milk

You can get a DTH for free if you buy a mobile (Videocon)

In my city you can live with INR 5000 provided you own your house and have a BPL card. Apart from what you mentioned BPL is also covered by Health Insurance.

You can get a DTH for free if you buy a mobile (Videocon)

In my city you can live with INR 5000 provided you own your house and have a BPL card. Apart from what you mentioned BPL is also covered by Health Insurance.

Here cable is in just Rs.50 per month so we don't need DTH :D

has the planning commission gone mad , at a time when we have nearly double digit inflation what can we get at Rs26 in big cities like mumbai and bangalore

I live in Tier III city If I'm not wrong, its small town but due to vote bank CM has made it district lol. Anything less than 30k/month for family of 5 is poor according to me.

i agree that you need to have at least 15000 PKR to have an ok life. Most drivers & servants in Pakistan earn 8000-10000 PKR, but then they get free housing, electricity & food (in most cases), so that saves them a lot of money. Many Pakistani families even pay for these people's children's education. My servant who used to work for us belonged from Skardu (Gilgit-Baltistan), & my dad took the responsibility of getting all his (four) children educated; as well as pay for half of his zameen in Alipur (outskirts of Islamabad), as well as paying his (& family) bus fare for his annual Skardu trip, as well as his trip to Iran.

i agree that you need to have at least 15000 PKR to have an ok life. Most drivers & servants in Pakistan earn 8000-10000 PKR, but then they get free housing, electricity & food (in most cases), so that saves them a lot of money. Many Pakistani families even pay for these people's children's education. My servant who used to work for us belonged from Skardu (Gilgit-Baltistan), & my dad took the responsibility of getting all his (four) children educated; as well as pay for half of his zameen in Alipur (outskirts of Islamabad), as well as paying his (& family) bus fare for his annual Skardu trip, as well as his trip to Iran.

Agree a hundred percent, nice to see you back - Bill - all the patriots here missed you. :pakistan:

A family of 4 cant survive with a dollar/day in india....they are talking about half a dollar here idiot panel :hitwall:.

oh not again...Indian Citizens don't whine..IT"S YOU WHO VOTED CONGRESS.......

Now bear their idiotic plans and scams n let them suck more from poor!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Just INR 50.Where are you living dude? We pay INR 200 for cable.

I assume ur from bengaluru!!

Back
Top Bottom