What's new

India: Half a dollar a day 'adequate', says panel

I can vouch for the poverty, I have only seen similar levels of poverty in parts of Kenya and Ethiopia. This also shows the fact that indian poverty according to the state is set at half a dollar a day, basically a fudge to show the world "they ain't poor" a truly sad state of affairs to witness. Even a person like me, who is an enemy of the indian state.

I can vouch for the poverty, I have only seen similar levels of poverty in parts of Kenya and Ethiopia. This also shows the fact that indian poverty according to the state is set at half a dollar a day, basically a fudge to show the world "they ain't poor" a truly sad state of affairs to witness. Even a person like me, who is an enemy of the indian state.

Then what is poverty according to you? How much income must a man make so that he is not called poor?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

LOL "Patha hai petrol ka dam bhi kum hogaya".

This Chintu may be now walking to school as his family cannot afford to pay for the bus fare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then what is poverty according to you? How much income must a man make so that he is not called poor?

To me a person, needs to make atleast 15,000 rupees a month - to not be poor. Anything below that is hard to live on in this world.

It is not to fudge. Fudging is showing false figures. We are lowering the definition of poverty. Can you enlighten us what poverty means in Pakistan ?

To me a person, needs to make atleast 15,000 rupees a month - to not be poor. Anything below that is hard to live on in this world.

So 99% of the Pakistanis are poor.

So 99% of the Pakistanis are poor.

No - more like 35% Pakistan is, Pakistan is not poor, anybody who visits our cities can see that, we just don't like paying taxes. And the farmers in Punjab are getting rich - according to the amount of LCD TV's, Tractors, 4x4's being sold there.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Indian or Pakistani?

I reckon 10,000 Indian rupees/month, for a family of 4 is decent enough.

15,000 rupees get's you a decent standard of living. Nothing special.

No - more like 35% Pakistan is, Pakistan is not poor, anybody who visits our cities can see that, we just don't like paying taxes. And the farmers in Punjab are getting rich - according to the amount of LCD TV's, Tractors, 4x4's being sold there.

Thats just a sweeping statement. If my state Kerala is taken as an example I can say that India has only negligible rate of poverty..but Kerala is not India as Punjab is not Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom