What's new

India got corridor, not transit: Khaleda

Bhartis lie you always have a big mouth and master of manipulation and lie. That is why you have posted some figures without citing its source and changed the term revenue to profit.

It is not likely that you do not know the differences unless your intention was to bluff over here. Here, we were talking about passenger handling capacity and how much cargo it handle. From there you have brought the manipulating term profit which in reality is revenue from the source that you have posted.

Changed the term from revenue to profit?

Ok Einstien do you know that the Net Income(Profit) will be even more less than Gross Income(Revenue)? That puts you in a worse place :rofl:

Here educate yourself,What's the difference between revenue and income? - Business - Answer Desk - msnbc.com

And no here we were not talking about passenger handling capacity at all. Cause Kolkata Airport handles more passengers. The point Iajdani raised was that Bangladesh handles more international passengers hence generates more money by charging (120$) per passenger as boarding fees. Which is not the case at all.

All those international traffic and ripping off passengers and still the money made by your all your airports combined is 1/7th that of profit generated by Kolkatta airport alone.

Here's the source btw, its the Budget of Bangladesh, published by your MOF!

http://www.mof.gov.bd/en/budget/11_12/cdg/en/detail/53_Civil%20Aviation.pdf?phpMyAdmin=GqNisTr562C5oxdV,EruqlWwoM5&phpMyAdmin=XRGktGpDJ7v31TJLuZ5xtAQmRx9

As you did some research, how would Calcutta airport generates 7 tmes more profit by handling 8 million domestic passenger and 1 million international whereas Dhaka handles 4 million international and 2 million domestic. Not only that Dhaka handlades 5 times more cargoes where the real money comes. I am just curious. Please give us some break down and educate us.

YO dont need any visuals in some serious talks. Its not a comic section you know.

Changed the term from revenue to profit?

Ok Einstien do you know that the Net Income(Profit) will be even more less than Gross Income(Revenue)? That puts you in a worse place :rofl:

Here educate yourself,What's the difference between revenue and income? - Business - Answer Desk - msnbc.com

And no here we were not talking about passenger handling capacity at all. Cause Kolkata Airport handles more passengers. The point Iajdani raised was that Bangladesh handles more international passengers hence generates more money by charging (120$) per passenger as boarding fees. Which is not the case at all.

All those international traffic and ripping off passengers and still the money made by your all your airports combined is 1/7th that of profit generated by Kolkatta airport alone.

laughing_meme_guy_by_vixenwolfie-d485kw0.png

Listen I have never taken your your source as the credible one as I have not seen it. If iajdhani's claim of 120 usd as boarding fees is true and even it is charges to only 10% of the international passenger .4 million then only from this airport is supposed to income 48 million USD.

So, this is not the issue. This year as your source has indicating revenue is going to be increased more then 4 times ... this will then also going to increased the passenger at least 2 times. So, may surpass the passenger of kolkata airport of 10 million from present 6 million.

Though it is off topics... the security system that Bangladesh is going to be installed by canadian company on build, operate and transfer basis ... from that Bangladesh is going to be earned 1480 mln taka which is 20 million usd. This is only the 15% amount as royalty. So, your 3 million usd is not a discussing issue here.

Canadian firm appointed for security of Dhaka airport | BDINN.com

The VDI will need to invest about US$ 40 million (about Tk 280 crore) to implement the project under the build-maintain-transfer (BMT) system.

The Canadian firm will recover their cost from the passengers’ charges in which the government will get 15 percent as royalty.

From the royalty, the government will annually earn about Tk 148 crore.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

As you did some research, how would Calcutta airport generates 7 tmes more profit by handling 8 million domestic passenger and 1 million international whereas Dhaka handles 4 million international and 2 million domestic. Not only that Dhaka handlades 5 times more cargoes where the real money comes. I am just curious. Please give us some break down and educate us.

YO dont need any visuals in some serious talks. Its not a comic section you know.

India charges couple of times more fees then that of Bangladesh. If true then it is the reason. See my second last comment for more detail.

First of all where did you get the information that Dhaka airport handles 5 time more cargo than Calcutta? As of 2005 CCU handled some 64,000 tons of cargo, traffic has increased manifold since then.

Yeah right we're comedian if budget statement of GOB is comedy.

And do you think domestic fliers don't generate revenue? Heck that would make Vijay Malya a nutcase!

By the Way Roy, the total revenue shown in BD budget's chart is civil aviation and tourism combined!

http://www.mof.gov.bd/en/budget/11_...lWwoM5&phpMyAdmin=XRGktGpDJ7v31TJLuZ5xtAQmRx9

Go to the page 4 of the report. It was not talking about revenue collection but revenue expenditure such as pay for officers, pensions and gratuities etc.

Increase your knowledge before posting Talking with them is just waste of time.

Go through my last 3 posts for more detail.

@iajdhani Real revenue collection should be much more. Data posted by Roy_gourav and pundit cum idiot Abir has no relation with revenue collection.

OK couple of things.

For year 2009-2010

International Passengers: 1.16 Million Domestic Passengers: 6.83 Million:: Total: 8 Million

International freight: 40150 Tonnes Domestic Freight: 68000 Tonnes:: Total:110000 Tonnes

Source:Air Transport

And you are mistaken about the most of the money coming from cargo bit. You need to realize, we are talking about Airports revenues/profit, not the Airline and transport companies.

From what I understand, Airports charge fees based on weight of the plane. There is not much of a difference between the international and domestic charges.

http://www.aai.aero/misc/Updated_Airport_Charges_as_on_11_01_2011.pdf

^^That's the breakdown for AAI fees. I can't be asked doing the maths.

Why does CAAB manages such pittance of a profit, who knows, mismanagement?

Go to the page 4 of the report. It was not talking about revenue collection but revenue expenditure such as pay for officers, pensions and gratuities etc.

Increase your knowledge before posting your crap. A bunch of idiots. Talking with them is just waste of time.

You need to settle down mate. Its no rocket science.

The data on the 4th page is the breakdown for the expenditure.

Revenue from Airports and Tourism operations- Goes into Salary, Pension, Repairs, Maintenance etc

Capital allocated in the budget- Goes into Acquisition, construction etc.

Increase your knowledge before posting your crap. A bunch of idiots. Talking with them is just waste of time.

Go through my last 3 posts for more detail.

@iajdhani Real revenue collection should be much more. Data posted by Roy_gourav and pundit cum idiot Abir has no relation with revenue collection.

I dont have the link but long time ago I read somewhere revenue from Zia was 1/2 a billion dollar 3500 crore. I will post it as soon as I find that.

You need to settle down mate. Its no rocket science.

The data on the 4th page is the breakdown for the expenditure.

Revenue from Airports and Tourism operations- Goes into Salary, Pension, Repairs, Maintenance etc

Capital allocated in the budget- Goes into Acquisition, construction etc.

Even if we go by your post ... you only quoted the revenue expenditure not the capital expenditure. But that does not reflect anyway what was the total revenue collected as it is just showing the breakdown of budget of the ministry of civil aviation and tourism. So, you should check facts first before your posting.

Even if we go by your post ... you only quoted the revenue expenditure not the capital expenditure. But that does not reflect anyway what was the total revenue collected as it is just showing the breakdown of budget of the ministry of civil aviation and tourism. So, you should check facts first before your posting.

Why would I quote the capital expenditure?

Total budget allocation= capital+ revenue generated

That revenue generated is the total money made by Ministry of Civil aviation and Tourism, which operates the Bangladeshi Airports. The figures are from your Ministry of Finance. You can't question those figures!

I ll concede if you can show me a figure for Dhaka Airport's, operating profit or revenue.

I dont have the link but long time ago I read somewhere revenue from Zia was 1/2 a billion dollar 3500 crore. I will post it as soon as I find that.

You know Heathrows operating profit is about 120 Million Pounds. So that 1/2 a billion dollar figure that you are talking about is either wrong or probably something else.

Why would I quote the capital expenditure?

Total budget allocation= capital+ revenue generated

That revenue generated is the total money made by Ministry of Civil aviation and Tourism, which operates the Bangladeshi Airports. The figures are from your Ministry of Finance. You can't question those figures!

I ll concede if you can show me a figure for Dhaka Airport's, operating profit or revenue.

I am again telling you it has not indicated in any place of the report it is their collection instead it has been indicated as the revenue expenditure. Revenue expenditure and revenue collection both are not same. At best revenue expenditure is part of revenue collection.

Check your facts... before posting.

I gave a simple example earlier for revenue collection... If 120 usd is charger per outgoing passenger as boarding fees and only 10% of international passenger means .4 million is charged with this fees it alone should generate 48 million usd. Obviously there are also other charges.

the security system that Bangladesh is going to be installed by canadian company on build, operate and transfer basis ... from that Bangladesh is going to be earned 1480 mln taka which is 20 million usd. This is only the 15% amount as royalty. So, your 3 million usd is not a discussing issue here.

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - SriLanka/Bangladesh

As per the proposal, the VDI will operate for 25 years at the SIA. During this period, the government will not have to pay any money to the Canadian firm.
The VDI will need to invest about $40mn (2,800mn taka) to implement the project under the build-maintain-transfer (BMT) system.
The Canadian firm will recover their cost from the passengers’ charges in which the government will get 15% as royalty.
From the royalty, Bangladesh will annually earn about 1,480mn taka.

I have shown you enough example that 3 million usd as the revenue is not a correct assumption that you are making.

I do not have the revenue collection data of shajal international airport, dhaka. So, currently I can not provide you any up to date data.

I do not have the revenue collection data of shajal international airport, dhaka. So, currently I can not provide you any up to date data.

Sami, I hope you understand goal of indians here is to hijack threads of their dislike. Kolkata airport is just cover for their act. Anyone with simple mind can understand that Bangladesh with

1) About 10 million expatriate living and working outside and growing
2) Annual Hajj pilgrimage
3) $22 billion + export market

with revenue figure or not, Kolkata air transport will never be anywhere near what Dhaka have.

So please dont let indians hijack threads. And if you interested in discussing air transport why not open another thread. I will try help anyway I can.

Back
Top Bottom