What's new

India GDP Growth Slows

if 1 trillion is not PPP gdp, i stand corrected. I find india so uninteresting i dont know all the facts.

You should know these facts,at least facts like the GDP of your immediate neighbour,whether you like it or not.You are a Thinktank after all.

Failure? What the heck are you talking about? 8% is no failure when one compares with the superpower, the US of A that has less than a 2% growth rate!

And don't beat your drums too soon. China's economy is overheating and will burst sooner than later like the IT bubble. Then we'll discuss who failed and how. Till then just go hit the breeze.

Cheers! :)
that was a not-so-good logic...Growth-rate is high when there is a scope of growth and development.USA is already a developed country,hence the growth rate is lower.

the trillion GDP is using PPP. that is inflation adjusted.. if that grows at 8% a year as the statements are all saying then it is GDP (PPP) that cannot reach 2 trillion in 2012 from $1 trillion in 2007. it's a false statistic.

378766826v7_150x150_Front.jpg

The economic growth story of India is still a miracle to many all over the world.
firstly India is an over democratic country. Like if there is a project to be undertaken and if 10 people agrees to go with project , 100 people goes against it. One main reason what a too much freedom can do.stall many developmental projects

Since India is a democratic and not a communist or dictatorship, it has to consider the million voices out there to goahead with any thing.

IF one takes note of all the social issues that are creating bottlenecks for as many infra projects ,it even makes some wonder how India is still growing?

Mr.singh comes to the table with plan A to implement this and that, then Mr.left comes and says, he I didnt like this.And Mr. right supports Mr. Left. Conclusion: Plan A is scrapped.

UID was supossed to be undertaken 15 years ago.It might have supported in proper implementation of funds for the needy.
And many other projects that were supossed to create a harmonic way of doing business were put on hold. A loss in business is a loss to the economy as a whole.

Atleast we are on track. And we have to continue the same pace while amending those few bureacratic hurdles and red-tapism issues for smooth investments.
FDI cap should be increased and let loose all strings in non-core sectors and of no strategic values.
National infra development fund should be increased manifold.Gov should be more pro-active during this decade. As I would say this 2011-2020 is a turning point for India.
By 2020 we should be power surplus nation, Should reduce povery to 1/3 the current levels.
Change the health care system and regulate it. Only those with big pockets are able to get a good health care.There should be a strict regulation and people from the BPL families should be given free HC even in private hospitals.And regulator should be taking care of the transactions through UID and NHC(national health card, my own creation :P)

Regional minicipalties should be audited every now and then on thier performance levels.Sanitation should be taken care off.

There are thousands of engineering colleges and universities all over the country.There is no point of having just course work for 4 years and then graduate with no practical knowledge. GOI should implement a new policy and encourage these institutions to tie up with companies for allied research activities.Only IITs and famed insitiutions shouldnt be the ones involved in research.

An universal banking insurance fund should be established.All public and private banks should put money in the fund depending on thier respective turnovers for helping themself out in any future financial meltdown.Same has to be done with insurance companies, so that in future if an US type mortage crisis or something else occurs due to the conversion into a semi-capitalist economy, those standby funds which are under RBI control will help those respective cos isntead of bankrupting themself and putting millions of peoples jobs at stake.

My opinion is that, we will reach the point O for sure in future. We better be prepared from today onwards.There is a difference in the stagnation of an economy worth 2 Trillion USD and 20 Trillion USD.

Though we are not susceptible to external criris today, we cant say the same tomorrow. The world economies are getting more globalised and we can see by the number of Indian companies expanding thier operations abroad. Certainly there will be effect felt domestically if its foreign branch takes a toll.Better have a UPS today rather than whining abt it tomorrow for not having it.

P.S: I see a bright future for India in the coming decade economically.And wish everyone likes to become a part of its sucess story in its peacefull rise.
Lets just not sleep untill we eradicate all poverty and illiteracy and provide 100% universal health care. Long live peace. Long live India. Jai Hind.

i'm not actually incorrect.. I was hoping to just get out of india defence..

but you can take nominal GDP and calculate a forecast with real GDP growth.

i've not made 124 posts in IndiaDefence. That's probably the number of times you have been mentioning my name in India Defence.

Even if it was 124/4,784 posts is not a lot.

Its from your profile mate, am not making this shyt up, go have a look:lol:

I don't have issues with you making million posts in the India defence section, its a Pakistanis forum after all, but why lie?:azn:

Its from your profile mate, am not making this shyt up, go have a look:lol:

I don't have issues with you making million posts in the India defence section, its a Pakistanis forum after all, but why lie?:azn:

because the forum topics become reshuffled. and i know i've not been in here and posted 124 times.

Back
Top Bottom