What's new

India GDP Growth Slows

Agree with the statement that Pakistan could have a higher growth rate had there been no civil war.And yes,India can do better.But then the GDP growth rate of this quarter is usually low.We expect it to go higher in the next quarter.

BTW,it will be difficult to beat countries like Azerbaijan when it comes to GDP growth rate.They have pitched it around 26%:blink:

they won't be able to hold a growth rate of 36% over many years. next year will a lot less.

I am quite sure you are familiar with the term inflation.GDP is expressed as inflation adjusted growth rate.They teach these things in schools.

the trillion GDP is using PPP. that is inflation adjusted.. if that grows at 8% a year as the statements are all saying then it is GDP (PPP) that cannot reach 2 trillion in 2012 from $1 trillion in 2007. it's a false statistic.

blaming the weather again for failure?

Somehow the Chinese members who talk a lot like Pakistani members never seem to be living in China or having chinese IPs.. Just an observation ;)

on topic, its not blaming the weather. GDP growth quarter by quarter is not constant. There are peaks and troughs. Trends wise, the quarter before monsoons is generally slower the ones during and after monsoons..

I am quite sure you are familiar with the term inflation.GDP is expressed as inflation adjusted growth rate.They teach these things in schools.

Not in all schools ;)

India needs to maintain an average off 14-15% nominal growth rate (unadjusted for inflation) from 2007 to 2012 to reach 2 trillion USD mark... 2010 was close to 21% due to high inflation..

Price rise lifts nominal GDP growth to 21.7% - Money - DNA

the trillion GDP is using PPP. that is inflation adjusted.. if that grows at 8% a year as the statements are all saying then it is GDP (PPP) that cannot reach 2 trillion in 2012 from $1 trillion in 2007. it's a false statistic.

2 trillion figure is for nominal gdp. while GDP growth rate is always inflation adjusted, the nominal GDP is in absolute terms.

India's PPP GDP crossed 4 trillion in 2010.. Get some facts correct mate and avoiid making a fool of yourself..

India's GDP in PPP terms is already over $4 trillion. Please do some simple wiki search. IMF estimates

India' GDP (nominal) at current market prices for year-ended 2011 was INR 78 trillion (~$1.75 trillion) Ministry of Statistics

This is estimated to grow to about INR 90 trillion for the current year resulting in close to $2 trillion GDP. Ministry of Finance - Union Budget Note the fiscal deficit is estimated at INR 4.128 trillion or 4.6% of GDP for the year 2011-12.

if 1 trillion is not PPP gdp, i stand corrected. I find india so uninteresting i dont know all the facts.

if 1 trillion is not PPP gdp, i stand corrected. I find india so uninteresting i dont know all the facts.

Then the best thing to do would be to refrain from making uninformed statements. See how you ended up looking.:rofl:

blaming the weather again for failure?
Failure? What the heck are you talking about? 8% is no failure when one compares with the superpower, the US of A that has less than a 2% growth rate!

And don't beat your drums too soon. China's economy is overheating and will burst sooner than later like the IT bubble. Then we'll discuss who failed and how. Till then just go hit the breeze.

Cheers! :)

Roadrunner ..
What a noob . He is present always in India related threads to bash us
This guy doesnt even know India's Nominal and ppp gdp but was giving his economic lessons to suffice the needs of Pakistani and Chinese members .

Back
Top Bottom