What's new

India, France to hold talks on defence buys today

On the table there's actually ;

36 more Rafale
More Scorpene submarines
18 Caracal helicopters for the Indian coast guards
100 panther helicopters for the Indian Navy

Yup its good we are seeing (in many areas) final confirmation of rafale commitment surfacing. 36 was never gonna be enough given what has been set up already.

BTW did you see french exiting ambassador (to India) is gonna be a SAFRAN guy soon? :P

Remembering poor quality of scorpion submarines by indian shipyards. Overbudget, late and with acoustic issues.

My sincerest condolences and sympathies to the people of France.

Having actually lived under Nazi Fascist, one would assume the French would have enough sense not to side with another Nazi Fascist regime. Anyways, when cutting edge French h/w gets obliterated by incompetent personnel, and their reputation ends up in tatters, it will be fun to watch.
It is about making money and in France it is about making a lot of money

And Irony is UAE awarded Indian PM highest civilian award
Here you are trying to show French a mirror better do some demonstrations against UAE leadership
My sincerest condolences and sympathies to the people of France.

Having actually lived under Nazi Fascist, one would assume the French would have enough sense not to side with another Nazi Fascist regime. Anyways, when cutting edge French h/w gets obliterated by incompetent personnel, and their reputation ends up in tatters, it will be fun to watch.

It’s business .. just like what they did with tipu sultan ...
Excellent point! But for the French, you must always remember one golden rule. They will by default screw Muslims, except when they can screw the English instead.

And Irony is UAE awarded Indian PM highest civilian award
Here you are trying to show French a mirror better do some demonstrations against UAE leadership
Why are you comparing a proud autocratic monarchy with the self styled leaders of the free world and proponents of democracy and liberal philosophy? Nobody would care who the French do business with if it wasn't for their relentless toxic hypocritical whining about "freedom" and "human rights" and condemnations of "religious extremism". When the extremists are Hindutva businessmen, suddenly they forget their own whining.

The person is living in UAE and he prefer to criticize France before UAE ruler for the same thing although French never gave Modi their highest civilian award if this is not hypocrisy then what is hypocrisy please let me know
Excellent point! But for the French, you must always remember one golden rule. They will by default screw Muslims, except when they can screw the English instead.

Why are you comparing a proud autocratic monarchy with the self styled leaders of the free world and proponents of democracy and liberal philosophy? Nobody would care who the French do business with if it wasn't for their relentless toxic hypocritical whining about "freedom" and "human rights" and condemnations of "religious extremism". When the extremists are Hindutva businessmen, suddenly they forget their own whining.

The person is living in UAE and he prefer to criticize France before UAE ruler for the same thing although French never gave Modi their highest civilian award if this is not hypocrisy then what is hypocrisy please let me know
I already explained why the actions of a self styled democratic nation should be held accountable to different standards than the actions of an autocratic monarchy who is happy to admit that they are so.

If France as a democracy, supports an ethnic cleanser by doing business with him, this is hypocrisy.

If an autocratic dictatorship supports another dictator, this is not hypocrisy.

Please do not ask me to explain this a third time. It is very tiresome dealing with you illiterates.

For the record, I don't appreciate UAE's position, but they are not really hypocritical.

maybe that is why France back Indian actions in Kashmir, lots of defense deals coming and world cost around 10+ billions easily .. and who would want to upset a customer ?

There should be offsets, however.
One must understand the French way of thinking and doing things. For them French interests take precdence over all and everything, including God himself. Expecting any form of TOT from France is silly.

On the table there's actually ;

36 more Rafale
More Scorpene submarines
18 Caracal helicopters for the Indian coast guards
100 panther helicopters for the Indian Navy

3 more Scorpene subs is going to go through.

I am more interested in French Barracuda versus Russian Amur for Indian Navy's Project-75I

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom